03-27-14 12:58 PM
66 123
tools
    For future reference, if navigation is your priority, try the Nokia windows phones.
    Their navigation is truly the best. Nokia Here Maps keeps the data locally on your phone so that your phone does not have to connect to the data to retrieve information thus improving the battery life as well as being able to be used on area where there is no coverage. Considering that you won't always have the data coverage on the road, keeping the information local is very nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:38 PM
    I believe firmly that BlackBerry needs to release a phone where the core features work flawlessly out of the box. I can deal with glitchy apps but texting NEEDS to be perfect.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

...they do, I own a Z10, Z30, and a Q10 for work (which I abuse heavily as a mechanic) and all three have been absolutely rock solid in the core features as well as everything else...back it up, and reload the OS, and restore...and always stay on top of updates...too many people ignore updates...

Posted via CB10
    Sooo your Q10 let you down or you let yourself down by not packing a charger? Hmm. I always have a charger in my car

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    After leaving BlackBerry for Android Nexus line, I came back on BlackBerry 10 and eating Heinz Thorsten lies thinking BlackBerry has changed.

Unfortunately they haven't, they still have the same overpriced crappy quality control with an equally match crappy service.

My old memories of BlackBerry problems have been recycled.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:41 PM
    Haha, it's funny you say that - I was going to mention those as I have promoted Nokia WPs before and that was a feature I told everyone about. It's not a feature I normally ever use, hence why I was so shocked by the battery drain.

As for my iPhone "garbage", I really can't stand iPhones and I love BBs so there really is no reason for me to "fabricate" this. I'm just saying what my experience has been the last couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:45 PM
    I believe firmly that BlackBerry needs to release a phone where the core features work flawlessly out of the box. I can deal with glitchy apps but texting NEEDS to be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    ...they do, I own a Z10, Z30, and a Q10 for work (which I abuse heavily as a mechanic) and all three have been absolutely rock solid in the core features as well as everything else...back it up, and reload the OS, and restore...and always stay on top of updates...too many people ignore updates...

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I have never ignored an update and have had to backup and restore a few times. This is an issue a ton of people have around the forums. I'm glad for you that you've never had an issue but this isn't just me.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:47 PM
    Hmm I didn't know there's an SMS issue on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:03 PM
    High power business users allways got a carcharger or a batterypack
    When Im using Mireo, the first thing Im doing is to start charging my phone.
    GPS/Navigation eats your battery and not only BlackBerry Battery, but Samsungs,apples etc.too...so its not a BB problem.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    Agreed let that be a lesson to be better organized and crackberry sells car chargers cheap!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Some people have different experiences. For instance, I always make sure my phone and applications are updated. However my BBM chats and my SMS chats are loading very slowly. So slowly that I hesitate to answer a message occasionally because I know it will mean a long wait.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-20-14 09:15 PM
    I was also let down by my Q10 today.

I was coming home from school and my hands were frozen from the high speed and cold wind in Vancouver Canada, so I could not type properly on my Q10 while I was walking back.
    Pushing in the physical keys require higher strength than pushing on touchscreen buttons, and my frozen fingers could not produce enough strength to push the Q10 keys.

Hahaha, okay. I kid.

But really, when your hands are frozen, swyping on touchscreen is a bit easier than typing on physical keyboards.
    03-21-14 09:52 PM
    I was also let down by my Q10 today.

I was coming home from school and my hands were frozen from the high speed and cold wind in Vancouver Canada, so I could not type properly on my Q10 while I was walking back.
    Pushing in the physical keys require higher strength than pushing on touchscreen buttons, and my frozen fingers could not produce enough strength to push the Q10 keys.

Hahaha, okay. I kid.

But really, when your hands are frozen, swyping on touchscreen is a bit easier than typing on physical keyboards.
    What you should have done was...start ramdomly multi-task (just open and close apps) to the point where your Q10 started heating up, then you could of started a new thread----'New Function For Q10'.....HAND WARMMER!!!!!
    03-21-14 10:27 PM
    All this talk... and no talk about why or how it drained so fast...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 03:29 AM
    I have 2 batteries, car chargers, and a outlet plug at all times. Sometimes the use of a smartphone will take it past its daily battery capacity. Plan for it no matter what brand your phone is.

However, I can say that when I use GPS I pretty much plan for an immediate battery replacement.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:43 AM
    All this talk... and no talk about why or how it drained so fast...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I think it was identified that the use of GPS...and a 23% battery, and a possible poor cellular reception, and possible weakened battery, caused the phone to fail after 20 minutes of GPS use.

I think you have to take the battery gauge at any given time with a grain of salt. Chemistry is complicated, and sometimes a device can only estimate the amount of usable energy left. Perhaps as the battery gets weaker it burns energy at a higher pace or the device simply can't properly estimate the exact amount of energy left. This is similar to the "distance to empty" calculator in cars, which can fluctuate based on your driving and other conditions. In either case, if you are getting in the danger zone....get more gas.
    03-22-14 09:41 AM
    Let me clarify a few things.

I also didn't map my whole way there, and telling me to look at a map... kind of defeats the purpose of a smartphone.
    Not really. Most navigation is usually a series of highways that you might already know if you live in the area....and then the "last mile" which is where you actually need a GPS for a side street address. The phone could have simply shown you where the address was on it's map (not a paper map) and then you say "drive to exit X at Anywhere street and then I'll use the map ....or even the GPS for the "last mile." If the phone is at 23% I think it's better to conserve as much energy as possible. Live and learn I guess.

Let me clarify a few things.
    I understand navigation takes up a fair amount of battery but I just took a trip to the states with a friend and his iPhone got us across multiple states and hardly dug into his battery so I don't think this is a cross-platform issue.
    This is simply not possible. States can takes several hours to cross (depending on which ones....Only New England states are smaller) and multiple states could take a good part of day. Your friend must have been using a charger at some point.

Finally, 23% is not almost dead! That's a quarter charge, not even into the yellow. I should not have to expect my phone to completely die on me within 30 minutes, sending only 2 texts and using the maps for perhaps 10 minutes.
    Well, actually it's not a quarter charge, that would be 25%. The phone will not operate at 1% charge, I think it shuts down around 3%, so you really only had about 20% left, and you used its most taxing operation, pulling maps over the cellular and GPS info from the satellites. Combine with a constant backlight....and you've killed your phone.
    james pisano likes this.
    03-22-14 10:00 AM
    Best solution for this issue is to buy a car smartphone charger.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 11:33 AM
    Seems like a user issue. At 23% I would have started charging my phone but seeing how you didn't have a battery charger at the time probably should have shut off anything that interferes with the battery to save some time or shut it off completely.