I'm on my second Q10 in 9 months and both keyboards have malfunctioned (double typing). I've browsed the forum topic on this issue and the problem appears to be widespread. I'm not interested in hearing speculation on what might be causing the issue. I want to know from the expert community if there's a long-term fix in the works, or if I should just give up and switch to a Z30. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:01 AM
    I don't know for sure but I learn toward it's a hardware issue. So some are lemons and some are not as some on here say they have never had the issue.
    05-02-14 10:17 AM
    I have the double typing issue too (q10 nordic edition). first i thought it was just in android ports or sideloads. now it seems its everywhere, although not all the time. its only the letter "a" usually it disappears for a while after rebooting. seems like it happens when I have a lot running simultaneously.
    maybe its a stack or buffer issue.

I think I'll just live with it until the classic comes out...
    05-02-14 10:36 AM
    I have just posted about the same issue on the "double typing" thread -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10308668

The replacement keyboard that I purchased started showing the same problem a few weeks in.
    05-02-14 12:30 PM
    I have just posted about the same issue on the "double typing" thread -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10308668

The replacement keyboard that I purchased started showing the same problem a few weeks in.
    All signs point to a fundamental design flaw in the hardware. Unfortunately all that Rogers is willing to do for me is swap one lemon Q10 for another. I do think it's a very good phone, so I'm quite disappointed in the poor build quality.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 12:43 PM
    Stick to ONE [1] thread, don't make the same topics....
    MADBRADNYC and andy957 like this.
    05-02-14 05:52 PM
    Bah. Humbug! User error!
    You just don't know what to do with it.
    Take that lemon, squeeze it, add some ice, sugar & water....
    You'll be good to go!
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-02-14 06:00 PM
    That new physical QWERTY phone coming out later this year can't have this happen again. I haven?t had it happen on my white Q10 (3 months in), but with all these posts in the forums I'm starting to feel paranoid hoping it doesn't happen to me.
    Part of me is hoping it only happens to black models :-p lol (full disclosure: am not the owner of the Clippers ahahah).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 05-04-14 at 11:47 AM.
    05-02-14 09:14 PM
    Edit: post on wrong thread.
    Last edited by jope28; 05-28-14 at 09:34 AM.
    05-28-14 09:23 AM
    Yes Q10 is a lemon, seems they rushed it with an untested design.

From squeaky displays to loose batteries to double typing.

Pretty much if you buy a Q10 you will get a Russian roulette of problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:54 AM
    Someone in another thread said they replaced a 5 dollar membrane and their kb has been fine since. Don't remember how long it has been though.
    05-28-14 11:02 AM
    Mines not a lemon and I don't have any typing issues either. That's like all the problems people were having with the 9900 too and I didn't have one of them. I'm not sure why, not sure what the model numbers were, environment it was in, hazards as it were, etc but neither one of mine have issues.
    05-28-14 11:09 AM
    I know someone who is on their 3rd one now.
    05-28-14 11:36 AM
    I've had 3 q10s (different carriers & trying out Androids, which lasted just a short time because they can't match a BB). All the keyboards were fine. Noticing the issue on this forum and knowing that BlackBerry replacement parts are readily available and within reason to replace, I'd be willing to do so. I too expect electronics to function without failure, but sometimes they do fail. Motherboards, hard drives, etc. have a certain percentage of failure rate. I'm attached so deeply to Blackberry that I would deal with certain amount of hardware issues. But each person has their own tolerance level and expectations, which they are fully entitled to. Generally people are quick to pronounce things that break, which is a good thing, but the number of people whose device works well are generally not heard from.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 12:03 PM
    Looks more like a Blackberry if you ask me.

I love my Q10. Overall, it's a fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 12:38 PM
    Does this look like a Q10 at all?

Is the Q10 a Lemon?-lemon.jpg

I don't see the similarities.

Is the Q10 a Lemon?-bottom-left.jpeg

Lol, no I'm just kidding. I don't think all Q10s are lemons, but just like with anything, there are a few clunkers out there. If only BlackBerry would actually replace broken devices...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 12:52 PM
    I've been using the same Q10 for about 12 months with no problems. As far as I'm concerned it's a fantastic device and a joy to use.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 01:04 PM
    I don't have problem with the keyboard. My GF works for a french carrier (Orange) she never heard about double typing issues. Neither in french blackberry forums, nobody have this issues.
    It's only on this forum that I have seen some suffering of this issue, sorry for them.

Posted via my french Q10
    05-28-14 01:46 PM
    How can you ask if allllllll of a specific device is a lemon?!?!??

That's like asking if Honda civics are lemons... or banana republic clothing.... Wtf... kinda being dramatic with the labeling
    05-28-14 03:44 PM
    All signs point to a fundamental design flaw in the hardware. Unfortunately all that Rogers is willing to do for me is swap one lemon Q10 for another. I do think it's a very good phone, so I'm quite disappointed in the poor build quality.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a design flaw, otherwise EVERY q10 would have the issue.

It's a flaw in the production of the keyboard, hence why some are problem free and others are faulty.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:20 PM