hi i havent had a blackberry in quite along time since the storm and storm 2 i had.. ik there are apps that will change your LED color based on whose calling or the type off ape (i.e bbm txt email). I am looking for an app or a way to change the color of the Q10 led without no notifications (the color it normally blinks b4 u miss a call txt bbm or email. I wld like to make that blue. my q10 arrives today any advice would b much appreciated ^^
    06-12-13 01:36 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean. It doesn't blink when there's no new notifications. As soon as there's an unseen notification it starts blinking. That color can be changed with apps like you're mentioning.
    06-12-13 01:38 AM
    ohhh. they must have changed it since i had a BB... like i said its been a while.. so theres no like "status led" it used 2 be like red for no service green for service something like that.. i clda sword my storm used 2 b blinking green from when i turned it on unless i got a notification
    06-12-13 01:42 AM
    Ah, well the Q10 does not have that as far as I know. It might have for low battery, but not that I've noticed.. (I've only had it for a couple of days now)

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-12-13 02:16 AM
    ohhh. they must have changed it since i had a BB... like i said its been a while.. so theres no like "status led" it used 2 be like red for no service green for service something like that.. i clda sword my storm used 2 b blinking green from when i turned it on unless i got a notification
    Yes, you're right. Older BlackBerry device had the option to have the LED blink green when they were in signal range. BB10 does not have this, even as an option. So no new notifications = no LED.
    06-12-13 02:54 AM
    I can confirm, the led is orange while battery is under 10 procent. But this is the only situation when it blinks without having a notification,

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    06-12-13 03:35 AM
    BeBuzz in appworld adds all of the functionality that you're looking for. It can set LED lights to show signal/no signal. In fact, it looks as though you can go further with and have indicators for data/loss of data too.

Currently, to my frustration though, the app must be running to work. Also, LED light cannot be changed for whatsapp. This will hopefully be fixed soon though.

HTH.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:39 AM
    TY ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK REPLYS! MrRJ as you have mentioned the app wont work unless its open which is kinda pointless.. a friend of mine has told me about another app called "WHO - LED Color Light Alerts"... does any1 have any experience with this one? i wld like to know if it ALSO must b open to function or not.. thanx again for all your help guys.
    06-12-13 04:00 AM
    About it having to be open... Do you mean like fully open or in active frame?

Thanks

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-12-13 04:05 AM
    It needs to be open in an active frame. Right at the moment, you won't find any apps doing "background" stuff like this which actually work running in the background. All those apps, as with 10.0 and 10.1 need be opened in an active frame to get them working.

Support for headless apps will be released with 10.2. Prior that, you can save your time looking for such an applicationw hich works closed - you won't find one

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-12-13 04:21 AM
    Either open Blackberry App World and look in the top free app list or click on the link below taken from the Blackberry App World Top Free Apps list.

I believe this is what you're looking for:

BlackBerry World - Color ID FREE
    06-12-13 04:32 AM
    It needs to be open in an active frame. Right at the moment, you won't find any apps doing "background" stuff like this which actually work running in the background. All those apps, as with 10.0 and 10.1 need be opened in an active frame to get them working.

Support for headless apps will be released with 10.2. Prior that, you can save your time looking for such an applicationw hich works closed - you won't find one

This actually seems good to me, TBH. I like to know what's doing background stuff (and have control). Now I can see which apps can possibly do stuff in the background (so I leave them open in active frames).
    06-12-13 04:49 AM
    I'm using HUB++. You are able to define the LED colours for emails/text/BBM but no whatsapp unfortunately. When running inactive window, you are able to view the battery level in percentage as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 04:54 AM
    wow i love how fast these responses are comming. bb is as i remember it a MUCH MUCH better community then apple.. so total NUBLET question. what is "open vs active frame".. n also u q10 owners where did u buy you screen protectors? i alrdy ordered a holster from crackberry but i cant wait on a screen protector in the mail and theres NO WAY im using my device with a nakie screen >.<
    06-12-13 05:00 AM
    An "Active Frame" is the minimized application on your homescreen. The screen between the hub and the app launcher. You can only see it when you actually have any apps running.

Basicly there is no difference between an app being open or just an active frame. In both cases the apps are actually running and working. You can have up to eight active frames running, which should be decent enough for most people.

06-12-13 05:15 AM

That's right. It's not the end of the world though. As you see from my screen capture, when it's in an active frame it gives you a useful snap of what's going on with your battery... It's not perfect, but worth the money and with the update making it run 'headless', it will be better...

Q10 Led Light Question-img_00000010.png

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:02 AM
    ^^ got u.. so basically speaking then either of these apps wld wrk for me.. thank you all so much guys! nice 2 see the community still friendly as ever
    06-12-13 06:37 AM
    Yeah, but I'd recommend BeBuzz The battery updates are useful in the active frame until it runs headless!

Posted via CB10
    therieldj likes this.
    06-12-13 06:39 AM
    Yeah, but I'd recommend BeBuzz The battery updates are useful in the active frame until it runs headless!

Posted via CB10
    I'd actually rather see something else in the active frame myself, but this is only because I have a different active frame open for my battery status (which also has history). So for me it's not really the best option, seeing as I have 2 open active frames with battery percentage now.

Ah well, better than nothing. Can't wait for whatsapp support in BeBuzz..
    06-12-13 08:01 AM
    See your point. I don't have anything else displaying battery info, so I find it useful.

With regard to whatsapp - I was disappointed to find it not working. When I purchased it yesterday, the description definitely mentioned it! From what I understand it got broke in a recent whatsapp update...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:18 AM
    While we're on this, another thing I've just noticed is the lack of ability to set custom LED's for individual BBM contacts. Anyone know if there's a fix/update coming for this?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:30 AM
    See your point. I don't have anything else displaying battery info, so I find it useful.

With regard to whatsapp - I was disappointed to find it not working. When I purchased it yesterday, the description definitely mentioned it! From what I understand it got broke in a recent whatsapp update...

Posted via CB10
    Yea, same here. I saw it in the description as well (though I must confess that I already saw some stuff around here or the reviews that it didn't work). Hope that it comes in an update very soon.
    06-12-13 10:17 AM
    Update now available. Go get it! Whatsapp is working I can confirm..

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:24 AM
    Update now available. Go get it! Whatsapp is working I can confirm..

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I'm not seeing an update. Current version it shows is 1.1.52.1492 and there is no whatsapp to be found in the app.

Edit: When I check the blackberry world website the latest version should be 1.5.24. Interesting...

Edit2: Logged in on the website and pressed download. Now I got the latest version and I see Whatsapp. Sweet!
    06-12-13 10:27 AM
    I'd like to thank you guys, too! I've used BeBuzz on two previous BBs and am looking forward to a Q10, and it's one of the apps I'd wondered about. I knew it was available for 10, but was still curious about how well it works. On these older devices, I'd tried a couple similar apps but BeBuzz is the best, IMO. I'm happy to see it'll run 'headless', too. Thanks again!
    06-12-13 12:14 PM
32 12