My Q10 with less than a month remaining on the warranty has developed a keyboard defect. The E key types an upper case letter without shifting. Further, just placing a finger on the key without pressure types the letter (it performs the same way with an actual key press) All the other keys work properly. repeated typing and backspacing of the E will eventually create the lower case e.

Also, if they replace my phone can I clone a new Q10? I have spent almost a year adding data, apps and customizing . I don't care what happens to Contacts, Calendar or Music as they exist on my computer and can be downloaded to a new phone. It's all the other settings and data that concern me.

Finally, if I have to surrender my phone can I perform a complete and secure wipe?
    09-20-14 01:57 PM
    Sounds like the keyboard is starting to go. I would try to get it replaced under the remaining warranty.

Just use link on a computer to perform a full backup of your Q10, and you should be able to restore the backup to the replacement Q10.

As for doing the security wipe,.. that's up to you, but I would just to be safe. Make sure you test out the keyboard after the security wipe,.. sometimes something that looks like a hardware bug ends up being software.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 02:13 PM
    Looks like a hardware fault to me, you should get the device replaced ASAP as long as it is under warranty. Try performing a full back-up using BlackBerry Link, you can restore it once you get the device back. It might be possible you'll get a completely new device. Sent mine in due to a faulty keyboard and recieved back a new unit.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-20-14 03:20 PM
    You have same issue as I had.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=954608

Check out this thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:07 PM
    I read your linked thread. I don't think I want to mess with the hardware and void the warranty but I do thank you for the information.
    09-20-14 04:17 PM
    You're always welcome

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:49 PM
    Your Q10 is transforming into a Passport. Cherish it while it lasts.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-20-14 05:32 PM