09-23-14 11:04 AM
32 12
tools
    Thanks for the great advise and points made. I wonder if the Q10 will receive software updates due to the T mobile branding. I also hope I can continue to purchase blackberries while with T mobile.
    From my experience, if the phone is unlocked it gets updates straight from BlackBerry. Someone else might be able to advice if T-Mobile in the US has the10.2.1 update. I only know T-Mobile UK does, as I have a SIM from them and actually have used it to update OTA our BB10 devices (they pushed 10.2.1 before our carrier Telcel).

You can also update with BlackBerry Link using a PC or Mac. And lastly, the other option is using Sachesi, a program available here on the forums, that you can use to grab other carrier's OS updates. So you have quite a few options in any case. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your Q10!

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-21-14 10:13 PM
    From my experience, if the phone is unlocked it gets updates straight from BlackBerry. Someone else might be able to advice if T-Mobile in the US has the10.2.1 update. I only know T-Mobile UK does, as I have a SIM from them and actually have used it to update OTA our BB10 devices (they pushed 10.2.1 before our carrier Telcel).

You can also update with BlackBerry Link using a PC or Mac. And lastly, the other option is using Sachesi, a program available here on the forums, that you can use to grab other carrier's OS updates. So you have quite a few options in any case. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your Q10!

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    Great! I just won a Q10 slightly used on ebay. Bought it for 175.00 with original box and accessories. Hope its all good
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-21-14 10:31 PM
    I took mine to a cell repair shop, ~$50.
    Thanks
    09-21-14 10:47 PM
    Are the keyboards easy to swap out?
    I took mine to a cell repair shop, ~$50.
    09-21-14 10:48 PM
    So the music downloads on 10.3? I installed the Amazon music app on 10.2.1. and everything worked except the downloading - which was the whole point of installing the app. Lol

emPowered by ?
    I was able to download songs I bought onto my device. You can also play the free music on the Prime. I just add them to the Playlist in the Cloud Library. Don't think you can download them without purchasing though.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-21-14 11:45 PM
    I switched from Z10 to Z30 and then to Q10. I sold my Black Z30 to buy a white color Z30, but got a dirt cheap offer for a Q10. I thought i'd just try it for a week or 2 and then sell it off. But damn, when i got the phone i was like, this should be the best looking phone out there! I thought i'd miss the screen size but now i think this is more than enough! I do browse a lot and game too, and the screen is more than sufficient for my needs. I dont even feel like selling this phone, like ever! :P

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-23-14 06:38 AM
    To be honest it's hard to say what you'll miss until you make the switch. Do you often use samsung voice command? Google Maps? Facebook? Watching videos?

Technically you can do all these things on the Q10 but they are not as enjoyable. For instance, the voice assistant on 10.2 is terrible. Just, God-awful. Trying to dictate memos and calendar entries is as easy as having all your teeth pulled. If you use voice command a lot and it's important in your daily driver, i'd say wait til the official release of OS 10.3 before making the switch (or you could install leaks, but they're not as stable).

There's no official Google maps for BlackBerry and the native navigation is substandard. It won't even re-calculate your route when you get lost; just makes you take a u-turn, no matter where you are. Very inconvenient.

Same with the facebook app. The feed only loads things from days or even weeks ago, no matter how many times you set it to new stories. For the full list of grievances, i'm sure there's a thread somewhere in the apps forum :P

And videos play fine, they're just very, very tiny on the screen.

These are the only negative things I can think of coming from a powerhouse like S5. If you want a reliable phone with fast, accurate messaging capabilities, a sleek and sophisticated OS that has less bells and whistles (and MUCH less bugs over years of use), and a crisp, colorful screen that won't just crack apart when you accidentally drop your phone-- then the Q10 is for you otherwise, if you need something with just a bit more, try the Z10/30. BlackBerry 10 is worth the switch!

(on an unrelated note, this post turned out waaaay longer than I meant to)
    09-23-14 11:04 AM
32 12