Hello Crackberry family! I have several questions regarding the Q10. First of all, were there a batch of Q10s produced with faulty keyboards or are they all subject to fail? Also, I'm currently using an S5 smartphone and trying to make a switch to the Q10. The S5 is a nice phone just feel like I do not need a phone with features I don't use much. Will I miss anything besides the larger screen if I make the switch? Thanks
    09-21-14 09:23 AM
    Also, I am with T mobile so my only choices are the Q10 or Z10. Not sure about the future since I am not sure if other upcoming berries will work with the T mobile network
    09-21-14 09:37 AM
    I haven't had a problem with either of my Q10's. 2 so far. One traded in, then rebought again at a later date. I have a galaxy note 3. It's sits in my bag waiting to be sold on amazon. My Q10 is my daily driver. I used the note for 8 months. It's bigger than your S5. I went back to a Q10 without any issues. Q10 is a fantastic device that I could recommend to almost anyone.

Posted via Q10RR
    neilwhite, ElGorgon and donemt like this.
    09-21-14 09:37 AM
    Good to hear! I'm currently watching a couple of Q10s on Ebay and not sure which batch or how old they are. That's the reason I was questioning if all or just some were faulty. I did try a Z10 about a year ago but took it back due to the battery lasting a couple of hours. I have read that the Q10 has a better battery.
    09-21-14 09:43 AM
    Coming from a htc one m�x. As same as u,dont like the feeling that I got more than I use,and now I'm really happy with my little white and his lovely querty...is there something addictive on this device? I really think so...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:55 AM
    Despite the faulty keyboard, I love my Q10. It's been a great device for me. If you're the kind of person that types a ton of messages, the extra letters may prove to be a headache and I would suggest caution in making the move. Other than that, the device is great. I like the size (could be a little bigger) and it's comfortable to have in a pocket - unlike the huge slab phones.

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 10:02 AM
    For some reason I always try to go back to blackberry so maybe it is addictive. I mostly text and listen to music.
    09-21-14 10:09 AM
    For some reason I always try to go back to blackberry so maybe it is addictive. I mostly text and listen to music.
    In that case I think you'll be happy.

I use my Q everyday for music (mostly in the car). I have 15gb worth of music on my sd card and I've been very happy - more than what I could say when I used Android. I recommend setting the volume rocker keys to control the music, it's especially handy when driving.

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 10:16 AM
    If you mostly text and music then you'll enjoy the Q10 plenty.

If you are heavily embedded within the Android ecosystem, you'll miss that.

#Flagshipkiller #NeverSettle
    09-21-14 10:17 AM
    It seems like the applications I currently use are available on the blackberry world except the vivint alarm app but I can live without it. Also, anyone use their phone to play music through bluetooth in their vehicle?
    09-21-14 10:33 AM
    I have not purchased any apps on google and very few music.
    09-21-14 10:34 AM
    You might be able to install and have luck with Vivint via Snap. So that isn't completely out of the question yet

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 11:26 AM
    Sorry for the question but what exactly is snap? And where can I find out if vivint is available?
    09-21-14 12:16 PM
    Sorry for the question but what exactly is snap? And where can I find out if vivint is available?
    In a nutshell, it's a native BB10 app that tricks the Google Play store into thinking your BlackBerry is an Android device. You log in with your ID and have access to your Play account. The downside is that not every app works with the currrent Android runtime - supposedly getting better with 10.3.

I also checked the Amazon store and there is an app called Alarm.com that looks like the Vivint app. I don't know enough about the app or service to say if it is legit or even the same thing.

With Snap, you have access to the one available in Google Play.

I recommend looking at this article for more information about Snap and how to install it. At first it may sound complicated but it really is easy if you walk through it step by step.

http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-snap...roid-apk-files

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 12:58 PM
    I'll have an extra Q10 that's runs on tmobile. Let me know if you would like a trade

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:23 PM
    In a nutshell, it's a native BB10 app that tricks the Google Play store into thinking your BlackBerry is an Android device. You log in with your ID and have access to your Play account. The downside is that not every app works with the currrent Android runtime - supposedly getting better with 10.3.

Thanks for the info!

I also checked the Amazon store and there is an app called Alarm.com that looks like the Vivint app. I don't know enough about the app or service to say if it is legit or even the same thing.

With Snap, you have access to the one available in Google Play.

I recommend looking at this article for more information about Snap and how to install it. At first it may sound complicated but it really is easy if you walk through it step by step.

How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 01:35 PM
    I'll have an extra Q10 that's runs on tmobile. Let me know if you would like a trade

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about a trade but I can buy it from you
    09-21-14 01:35 PM
    Just regarding the keyboard:
    It is not known what exactly causes it or if it only affects certain batches of devices. We have users here on CB who are using their Q since release and haven't suffered any keyboard issues yet. Than we have users who need to replace their keyboards every three to six months. Some of them are heavy users, others aren't - some goes btw. for the "everything's fine" fraction.
    What is known that BlackBerry seems to have slightly changed the keyboard design of the Q10, newer ones are less soft and more clicky. Then again having a clicky keyboard also doesn't guarantee you are save from double-typing.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-21-14 01:36 PM
    It seems like the applications I currently use are available on the blackberry world except the vivint alarm app but I can live without it. Also, anyone use their phone to play music through bluetooth in their vehicle?
    We have three BlackBerrys and all paired with my car stereo. We also have a smart tag that we use to just tap our phones via NFC and connect to the stereo that way. Bought the smart tags from Amazon and you create a tag using the native NFC app that comes with the phone.

Also, if you install the 10.3 leak, or when you get the 10.3 update, the equalizer feature is back in the music app. I really like the upgrades for the music app.

Amazon app store is integrated now with the 10.3 and you can download the Amazon music player too, if u buy ur music from them.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-21-14 01:44 PM
    Amazon app store is integrated now with the 10.3 and you can download the Amazon music player too, if u buy ur music from them.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    So the music downloads on 10.3? I installed the Amazon music app on 10.2.1. and everything worked except the downloading - which was the whole point of installing the app. Lol

emPowered by ?
    09-21-14 01:51 PM
    Just regarding the keyboard:
    It is not known what exactly causes it or if it only affects certain batches of devices. We have users here on CB who are using their Q since release and haven't suffered any keyboard issues yet. Than we have users who need to replace their keyboards every three to six months. Some of them are heavy users, others aren't - some goes btw. for the "everything's fine" fraction.
    What is known that BlackBerry seems to have slightly changed the keyboard design of the Q10, newer ones are less soft and more clicky. Then again having a clicky keyboard also doesn't guarantee you are save from double-typing.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    Thanks for the input, hopefully I get lucky with a good Q10
    09-21-14 02:03 PM
    My GF changed her Galaxy S3 for my older Q10. She is quite happy and uses BlackBerry's OEM soft case together with the leather swivel case, looks very classy. At moments though, I think she misses the big screen and ends up borrowing my Z30. We haven't experienced the double typing issue, actually my mother also has a Q10.

Natively speaking, BlackBerry 10 has a decent Facebook app, although suffering from an occasional Newsfeed order problem, which is solved by changing the settings within the mobile page. It also has Whatsapp and WeChat. Likewise, decent ports for Skype and Viber (not sure if the latter one is available for the Q10). The HUB system is second to none and the Emailing experience great.

As some mentioned, you can use the Amazon app Store or sideload Snap to grab Android apps. There are a few which haven't worked on the Q10, but for the most part, it's got what she needed: Instagram, Pinterest, Line, FB Messenger (although she ended up unistalling it).

Although not a media device, the Q10 is ok for occasional video watching. I'd recommend SuperTube for YouTube videos, as it allows for watching even those not available for mobile devices. And also there are some nice games for it, like "Need for Speed" and "Battleship" (had both games when I rocked the Q10, but sadly are not available for the Z30).

Since I previously used the Q10 before changing to the Z30, I can say it is a great device. The reasons I had for switching were the bigger screen (which eliminated my plan to get a tablet) and USB OTG.

In summary, I think you won't be disappointed by the Q10. It's a beautiful device which shouts out "type on me", so go for it! Just make sure to have your phone's OS updated. Currently most carrier's worldwide have 10.2.1 and 10.3.1 should hopefully arrive in the next few months.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-21-14 03:32 PM
    My GF changed her Galaxy S3 for my older Q10. She is quite happy and uses BlackBerry's OEM soft case together with the leather swivel case, looks very classy. At moments though, I think she misses the big screen and ends up borrowing my Z30. We haven't experienced the double typing issue, actually my mother also has a Q10.

Natively speaking, BlackBerry 10 has a decent Facebook app, although suffering from an occasional Newsfeed order problem, which is solved by changing the settings within the mobile page. It also has Whatsapp and WeChat. Likewise, decent ports for Skype and Viber (not sure if the latter one is available for the Q10). The HUB system is second to none and the Emailing experience great.

As some mentioned, you can use the Amazon app Store or sideload Snap to grab Android apps. There are a few which haven't worked on the Q10, but for the most part, it's got what she needed: Instagram, Pinterest, Line, FB Messenger (although she ended up unistalling it).

Although not a media device, the Q10 is ok for occasional video watching. I'd recommend SuperTube for YouTube videos, as it allows for watching even those not available for mobile devices. And also there are some nice games for it, like "Need for Speed" and "Battleship" (had both games when I rocked the Q10, but sadly are not available for the Z30).

Since I previously used the Q10 before changing to the Z30, I can say it is a great device. The reasons I had for switching were the bigger screen (which eliminated my plan to get a tablet) and USB OTG.

In summary, I think you won't be disappointed by the Q10. It's a beautiful device which shouts out "type on me", so go for it! Just make sure to have your phone's OS updated. Currently most carrier's worldwide have 10.2.1 and 10.3.1 should hopefully arrive in the next few months.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    Thanks for the great advise and points made. I wonder if the Q10 will receive software updates due to the T mobile branding. I also hope I can continue to purchase blackberries while with T mobile.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-21-14 07:13 PM
    I've been using the Q10 for 10 months and I'd call myself a moderate user (txt, email, bbm, read the news daily, and lots of calls). I'm on my 3rd keyboard which is the downside. Each keyboard started "double typing" after around 3 months. So far the 3rd keyboard seems ok but it's only 2 months in. The BBOS 10 is amazing with the hub! Q10 is an excellent phone as well minus the keyboards double type thing. I'll upgrade to a classic or passport once they're out and hope they fixed the bad keyboard batch issue.
    09-21-14 08:18 PM
    I've been using the Q10 for 10 months and I'd call myself a moderate user (txt, email, bbm, read the news daily, and lots of calls). I'm on my 3rd keyboard which is the downside. Each keyboard started "double typing" after around 3 months. So far the 3rd keyboard seems ok but it's only 2 months in. The BBOS 10 is amazing with the hub! Q10 is an excellent phone as well minus the keyboards double type thing. I'll upgrade to a classic or passport once they're out and hope they fixed the bad keyboard batch issue.
    Are the keyboards easy to swap out?
    09-21-14 08:24 PM
32 12