I disagree. Being an owner of both I5 and Z10 I still find the iphone keyboard to be better, specially the sensitivity, no comparison there. The autoprediction does not make you much faster, you need to be paying attention to the suggrstions and rarely there is a word that suits me. and again, sensitivity is way inferior on the z10. i can touch the screen lightly and npthing happens, whereas the iphone touch is SUPERB! I would suggest that you get the q10, but only if you like physical keyboards, othetwise i would stay/wait for the nest iphone. The iphone's calendar is good enough, the camera is better, and the browser is excellent too. I am getting the q10 and teturning the z10, but is just for the keyboard, the iphone itself is a great phone and you will regret the switch. good luck

QUOTE=vbittersweet;7952722]The calendar app and remember app in BB10 will revolutionize your calendar coordination. Not only can it remind and keep track of appointments, it can link you to recent communication from meeting attendees and, when creating meetings, it can suggest possible attendees based on prior appointments.

While the 9900 is a good, solid device, you may get frustrated with the current browser. It is not as fast or robust as iOS. The BB10 browser is blazing fast... Much faster than iOS so i would say that you should wait for the Q10. Since you are already acclimated to full touchscreen, you might also want to consider the Z10. The keyboard is light years better than iPhone ever thought about being.[/QUOTE]
    05-30-13 08:36 PM
    I just changed from iP5 to Q10 a week ago. Before that, I had the iP3GS, 4 & 4S and for a brief moment, the 9900 Bold as a daily driver. I use my phones 90% of the time for work purposes (calls, email, calendar). Before the Q10 was available, I cleaned the 9900 from all the dust and used it as a secondary device for 2 weeks and I was tempted a lot to drop the iPhone to use the 9900 daily again. The only problem was, I only use like 3-5 Apps on the iPhone, but one of them is a scan-to-PDF App, which I sometimes use a lot, but that wasn't possible to use decently on the 9900 because of the camera.

In the last days before the Q10 delivery, I ended up using the 9900 for all Email-related stuff and I loved it. Problem is now: I'm absolutely happy with the Q10 in general (and especially with the keyboard, its phantastic!), but I have to adapt to things like a new method for text selection again, and that slows me down, compared to the 9900. Anyway, try the 9900 as a secondary device if you're a keyboard-junkie like me, you'll be even more excited to get the keyboard, but combined with a modern OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:41 AM
    Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:46 AM
    iPhone is a very easy and simple device that works. If youre happy with it, stick with it.

I personally would go for the Q10, because i do love the physical keyboard, and BB10 is definitely smooth and responsive as iOS, but also faster than iOS imo. Once familiar with the gestures, navigating and managing apps are just so simple and fast! You will be sacrificing screen real estate going to a Q10 length wise, but the Q10 is wider. If you really enjoy games, and watching movies/videos, and still want a BB10 device, the Z10 is the phone to have.
    05-31-13 10:00 AM
    Z10..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:00 AM
    I really can't see myself using an iPhone (4s), saw it, try it, bought it, and sell it again after 4 days..
    I prefer switch back to my S3, but now I need BB again for business so just bought a Z10
    Q10 in other way.. really tempting.. I knew I should waiting before bought my Z10..
    05-31-13 12:06 PM
    <text in next post duplicated>
    Last edited by eaknet; 06-01-13 at 10:42 AM.
    05-31-13 11:20 PM
    If this would be your first BB experience, I would strongly advise against going to a 9900 to "try out" the Blackberry Experience. The main reason is the 9900 is no longer the experience. It has significantly different hardware and a completely different OS. I can almost guarantee you would just drop it like a hot potato and go back to your "superior" iPhone ecosystem. The 9900 is 3-year old technology at best, and the switch would be comparable to a current Android user picking up an iPhone 3G or Gs and using it to decide if he would want to get an iPhone 5....only worse because the old and new BB OS's are different animals.

I assume you have seen several of us around here who have switched "back" to a 9900 or 9930 in order to get ready for the Q10 launch. The reason this works is because we're already familiar with the form factor and OS, so it's more or less a trivial thing to switch back in anticipation of the phone we really want.

You have said you use your phone a lot for text and email, wrtiing long messages. In this regard, it is likely that the Q10 will more than exceed your expectations. It is somewhat difficult to explain the benefit of a BB QWERTY keyboard device; it's more something that needs to be experienced. Once ypu get the hang of it you'll be writing paragraphs with ease. Aside from the fact that it does have a learning curve, I think you will enjoy the experience. For what it's worth, I've written this whole post on my 9930, and gone on longer than necessary to present my point. However, I would never have written this much on an iPhone.

Good luck with your choice!

Regards
    05-31-13 11:26 PM
    IPhone for apps, Blackberry for communication.

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes you cannot separate the two. There are lots of "apps" whose sole purpose for a user is communication.
    Facebook, twitter ,watsapp, skype... The list goes on and on . Apps too, are good for communication. BBM is an app.. Millions communicate with it.

OP.. You are jumping from a mature OS to a freshly baked OS. There will be the odd hiccup.. But BB10 is a pretty decent and uptodate OS for a smartphone of today.
    eaknet likes this.
    06-01-13 01:19 AM
    There should never be a Q10 vs iPhone question, they're completely different markets. I'm not saying one is better than the other, they're just good at doing their own stuff ...

from an australian Z10...
    ekv, kevinnugent, eaknet and 1 others like this.
    06-01-13 01:56 AM
    I know the Z10 is not one of your choices, but I would suggest typing on one just for fun. You may be surprised? Once you start with this, i'd bet you can't put the phone down. This also leads into the rest of the BlackBerry 10 experience. I had a friend do this and he was instantly hooked. So much so, he took the penalty of upgrading early from his iphone 5. Everyone is different, but I've yet to have any of my friends or co-workers say anything but good things after looking or playing with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:00 AM
    while I appreciate all your tipsand suggestions, this is actually a pretty old thread and my decisions are made.

I had time to play around with both Z andQ, and I liked them a lot. Because their prices are still a bit to high for an instabuy, and my contract isn't up for renewal until next year, I went with a Bold 9900 + Playbook combo for now.

Next year I will get either Z or Q (lending to Q cuz I like my Bold QWERTY) or their then released successors.
    06-01-13 02:52 AM
    Because their prices are still a bit to high for an instabuy, and my contract isn't up for renewal until next year, I went with a Bold 9900 + Playbook combo for now.
    Thanks for the update, and I rescind my recommendation to look away from the 9900. Since you've gone with the 9900 & Playbook, what are your thoughts after making the switch? Does the 9900 do well at what you were asking for, email/text/etc?
    06-01-13 04:29 AM
    Apps aren't a main reason to own a phone. So a 6 year old iOS vs new OS makes the new one crap? Lets all remember 6 years ago to how much iOS sucked. No copy/paste, etc. OS10 is brand new and been out a few months. They will improve it just like iOS did. And no Wow factor? Come on. iOS doesn't have a wow factor. iOS is pretty simplistic.
    Let's also remember that the iPhone had no real competition 6 years ago. And apps are a HUGE reason to own a phone. They may not be for you personally, but the rest of the world would disagree.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-13 05:23 AM
    Don't use a 9900 as a testing device for the Q10. They are world's apart

Posted with my Q10
    06-01-13 05:31 AM
    Just moved to q10 from iPhone 5. So happy again with the keyboard.
    Native apps are limited, but sideapps is awesome feature.
    Already ported tripadvisor/lync/flipboard.
    Predictive text really impressive!! Long time an OS has impressed me so much.
    Q10 is a keeper

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:05 AM
    Let's also remember that the iPhone had no real competition 6 years ago. And apps are a HUGE reason to own a phone. They may not be for you personally, but the rest of the world would disagree.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I know. My point was you can't compare a new os to a 6 year old os in apps and say the new os sucks.
    06-01-13 10:38 AM
    There should never be a Q10 vs iPhone question, they're completely different markets. I'm not saying one is better than the other, they're just good at doing their own stuff ...
    from an australian Z10...
    +1. The one thing that forces some to ask the question is when they're looking to get their next phone. BB used to be king, iOS/Android are currently king. Most people carry only one device, so it's a legitimate one to ask.

That being said, answering the question is pretty straightforward. Just as it was back in '07 when the iPhone launched, the experiences are pretty easy to boil down: iOS and Android are generally geared to excel at content consumption whether that's entertainment, facebook, web browsing, and a whole host of apps which add specific functionality to their device. They also have a cellular radio built in and thus allow phone calls, SMS, etc. as well as portability. On the other hand, RIM/BB grew up in the day when communication was needed as priority #1 and the hardware had not yet advanced to the point where other "stuff" was even an option. Thus, BB devices were and have always been focused at communicating with others reliably, securely, and efficiently. Due to the fact it has a screen, today there is also the option to consume content on the device, and a (comparatively limited) app market has grown to serve up some other non-native functions as well.

If a person wants to hit the ground running with a phone, have a great selection of apps to do almost anything, and to not have to think much about the "best" way to do things on a phone, then they should seriously consider iOS.
    If someone is willing to deal with a bit of a learning curve in order to do most of the same things, then Android is a great choice. Those who choose Android and invest the time and energy to learn more about the OS and its capabilities are rewarded with the amazing capabilities of carrying a supercomputer in their pocket and harnessing that power. They could also opt for a budget-based handset which would perform well as a phone and for some content/apps, etc.
    My last (and usually favorite) option is the option to invest in a device which is still made to be communication - centric, and to streamline the way a lot of mobile interaction is done when you're mainly wanting to be in touch with other people via the device. Part of the investment is the time involved with learning the OS and its unique capabilities, such as the infinite ways notifications can be configured for specific contacts, accounts, apps, etc. You also have the option of the best QWERTY keyboard ever designed, if you happen to find that important.

A lot of these capabilities overlap to one extent or another. Each device can do a large percentage of what the other two devices could, to some degree or another with varying levels of proficiency. I'm not really interested in hearing someone say, "But the App World has all the apps one could ever need, those other Apple and Google ones are just fart apps!" That's buII$hit and you know it. In sales, it's known as "feature selling", cherrypicking various strengths or weaknesses in order to strengthen your argument for what the other person should do based on your evaluation. Just as many arguments could be made in the other direction, and if you're not paying attention to what the end user's needs and wants are, then it's likely you're rather insecure about your own choice and are afraid of what other people might think. Hence the rise of the fanboy and troll, and the utterly juvenile and worthless banter that takes place in most "comments" sections of articles which dare express an explicit or implied argument for one position or another.

If someone sees you as having a lot of know-how with phones (and BB users are often pretty well-informed about devices) and asks you for a recommendation on what they should get for their next device, the adult way to approach the situation is to then ask them about THEIR needs and wants in a device. Using the above criteria for the strengths of each platform, the person's budget, and their technical competence or desire to learn, it's pretty easy to narrow things down to suggesting a few things they may want to look at. It's been said to death but it still applies, don't make the arrogant assumption that since a device is the best for you that it is the best for the person asking your recommendation.

I'm not sure how this comes across while reading, but I'm not trying to bash anyone here or anything like that. If anything, these comments are directed at the former me who years ago in my own insecurity and lack of maturity would suggest to anyone asking (and also to people not asking) that they should get Device A, because blah, blah, blah. Usually Device A was the particular device I had in my pocket at the time, or it was the device I lusted after but couldn't afford. So, I'm guilty of the above issues which I call out. In the intervening years however, I have grown up just a bit and seen some more of the world and life experience. I've had experience with a lot of devices and platforms, with the end result of people's satisfaction or dissatisfaction with guidance I've provided, and when someone asks me for a recommendation I mentally process the above information and experience, take into account what I know about them, ask a question or two, and let them know my thoughts. Oh, and these days I NEVER tell someone what I think about their choice of mobile hardware unless they specifically ask for thoughts.

Have a great day, y'all.
    -EAK

</dismount high horse>
    </soapbox>
    </talking too much>
    06-01-13 12:06 PM
    +1 eaknet. Said it perfectly.
    06-01-13 03:11 PM
    +1 eaknet. Said it perfectly.
    I agree he really did.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:14 PM
    Or maybe they are on their way of plateauing if they just sit idly and not do stuff. Of course, Apple just brainwashed lots of people so it takes time.
    You can not compare BB10 to iOS. iOS has had many more years of perfecting it. BB10 is still a way off from being mature. Hate iOS or not it maintains a majority of users who are quite happy.
    06-01-13 04:42 PM
    Well of course iphones are great. You'd have to be pretty immature to say other wise. In reality, this is Crackberry. This site is obviously filled with BlackBerry lovers who have a passion for whatever reason to this company. It is also home to travelers of the Web with any range of intellect. We could preach all day long about how people should reasonably reply to threads. In the end, everyone will always do as they wish. When I think of it, it would be a pretty boring site without all the fluff. Even moronic posts spark amazing discussion. I just think we should all be ourselves and let it flow.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:48 PM
    You will love the q10 if you communicate a lot. Blackberry now follows the same philosophy as apple with quality built phones, intuitive OS and a unique ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:22 PM
    I'm seriously considering a change. Always had iPhones as a smartphone, never anything else.
    I use it for texting and twitter mostly, and browsing some forums that I check and post to on a regular schedule.
    I also heavily rely on the calender app. I like the reminders in iOS, is there anything equal in BB OS?
    So my carrier plan will be eligible for renewal at the end of the year; Q10 should be available then.

Would it be a good idea, trying to get my hands on a Bold 9900 in the meantime, to get into the Blackberry vibe?
    Or would that drive me away from BB because the OS is inferior to BB10 or iOS 6?

Thanks in advance
    BB9900 will drive you away, but if you use your phone only for what you posted above then you'll be happy with the transition as that's similar to me and I'm very happy.

There isn't quite something similar to the remember app but I use the calendar for that. I mean there is an app called remember but I find it quite different from the iPhone one.

You reall should give it a try though, most carriers have an exchange policy if you use it less that 30 of calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:50 PM
    Better to have them all, e.g q10+iphone or q10+nexus4(or other android flagships)~not enough software on bb10 platform for this moment, and I believe BlackBerry wouldn't change their way of doing business too much, thus, there also wouldn't be so many apps like what android have...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:10 PM
69 123