I'm seriously considering a change. Always had iPhones as a smartphone, never anything else.
    I use it for texting and twitter mostly, and browsing some forums that I check and post to on a regular schedule.
    I also heavily rely on the calender app. I like the reminders in iOS, is there anything equal in BB OS?
    So my carrier plan will be eligible for renewal at the end of the year; Q10 should be available then.

Would it be a good idea, trying to get my hands on a Bold 9900 in the meantime, to get into the Blackberry vibe?
    Or would that drive me away from BB because the OS is inferior to BB10 or iOS 6?

Thanks in advance
    02-08-13 06:15 AM
    The calendar app and remember app in BB10 will revolutionize your calendar coordination. Not only can it remind and keep track of appointments, it can link you to recent communication from meeting attendees and, when creating meetings, it can suggest possible attendees based on prior appointments.

While the 9900 is a good, solid device, you may get frustrated with the current browser. It is not as fast or robust as iOS. The BB10 browser is blazing fast... Much faster than iOS so i would say that you should wait for the Q10. Since you are already acclimated to full touchscreen, you might also want to consider the Z10. The keyboard is light years better than iPhone ever thought about being.
    rtang1007 and Nauwiesbande like this.
    02-08-13 06:37 AM
    As mentioned, the browser on BB07 is not very good you may not get a very good "vibe" using it. For what you use your phone for thou, I would go all touch. Unless you really want the keyboard. The Z10 keytouch is so so good, that improvement alone will make you love it over the iPhone IMO. The browser is lightning fast and rich on BB10 as well.

The 9900 is great device for through-put, but for a recreational user, the iPhone is better than the 9900 (Browsing and interface). Just get the Z10 and be done with it, its better than all of them
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    02-08-13 06:46 AM
    Q10 is practically Classic Blackberry that has the touch of a modernized OS (and how Thor described it seems to be more of a class than what an iPhone looks like ) I'd say you go for it.

iOS is already 6(?) years old without any significant changes with the same UI and same in-out paradigm that was copied multiple times by multiple vendors. Q10 on the other hand combines the best of a BB keyboard and the gesture-driven BB10 OS that practically lets you flow on one.... data to another.
    02-08-13 07:01 AM
    iOS is already 6(?) years old without any significant changes with the same UI and same in-out paradigm that was copied multiple times by multiple vendors. Q10 on the other hand combines the best of a BB keyboard and the gesture-driven BB10 OS that practically lets you flow on one.... data to another.
    And yet is still sells like mad despite being an old OS.
    02-08-13 08:47 AM
    And yet is still sells like mad despite being an old OS.
    Or maybe they are on their way of plateauing if they just sit idly and not do stuff. Of course, Apple just brainwashed lots of people so it takes time.
    rtang1007 and Signhere like this.
    02-08-13 10:01 AM
    IMO, Apple/iOS did a great job in making people buying a smartphone who would have never bought one if it wasn't for the iPhone.

Having said that, I'm pretty much fed up with same old iOS, plus I always hated the software keyboard on it, since I text/write a lot on my phone.
    All the Androids (which OS I hate btw) have only low-spec devices with hardware keyboard, which leaves only Blackberry. Therefore I'm more interested in the Q10 than the Z10. But I will definitely check it out as soon as it's out here (Germany).
    Plus: I love the sturdiness of their machines (friend of mine has a Bold 9000 since ages).
    02-08-13 10:14 AM
    Someone I know that has been with Iphone for 6 years and now looking at switching to the Q10, I asked why not go with the Z10 since you're used to a full touch already? The response is simple, if I want a full touch I might as well go with the IP5, the Blackberry with the keyboard is very slick, looks very professional and that I mean business.

I've seen a few similar post coming from IP users, I would guess they want Q10 for similar reasons.
    Nauwiesbande and thedose like this.
    02-08-13 10:25 AM
    Or maybe they are on their way of plateauing if they just sit idly and not do stuff. Of course, Apple just brainwashed lots of people so it takes time.
    Seriously?
    brianatbb likes this.
    02-08-13 11:26 AM
    IMO, Apple/iOS did a great job in making people buying a smartphone who would have never bought one if it wasn't for the iPhone.

Having said that, I'm pretty much fed up with same old iOS, plus I always hated the software keyboard on it, since I text/write a lot on my phone.
    All the Androids (which OS I hate btw) have only low-spec devices with hardware keyboard, which leaves only Blackberry. Therefore I'm more interested in the Q10 than the Z10. But I will definitely check it out as soon as it's out here (Germany).
    Plus: I love the sturdiness of their machines (friend of mine has a Bold 9000 since ages).
    All Androids are low-spec devices??? Uh, what planet are you living on? Or is that just the necessary default narrative for BB users?
    02-08-13 11:44 AM
    Seriously?
    That's the default position of the desperate BB fanboy.
    02-08-13 11:46 AM
    I was under the impression, that alle Android devices with keyboard are mid-to-low-spec. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Plus, I'm iPhone, not Blackberry (yet)
    02-08-13 11:47 AM
    All Androids are low-spec devices??? Uh, what planet are you living on? Or is that just the necessary default narrative for BB users?
    Read again and carefully this time. What he said was that all Androids WITH Keyboards are low spec devices. He is not wrong. Just goes to show that people just read what they want to read and leave the rest out.
    Mo Cat, thedose and ekv like this.
    02-08-13 02:05 PM
    I know a few people who want their keyboard back and will be going with a Q10, it makes sense.
    I like the iPhone but I wouldn't use it. Way too much in and out, Z10 has the most amazing multitasking ever.
    02-08-13 02:19 PM
    Moved thread to the Q10 forum
    02-08-13 02:28 PM
    Yes, switch. I have the i5 currently and i will be so ******* glad when i can kick it to the curb for the q10! It will be well worth it.. IMO.
    02-08-13 02:30 PM
    Coming from android (back) to BB. Have a Q10 almost a month now and very happy with it. Don't care about many apps, never did. Only a few good apps i use or need and i'm a happy camper. Of course, i will test new apps but i dont need 1500 apps of flashlights and other malware crap. Never bought anything from Apple and never will but to each his(her) own.I do respect people's own choice. Anyway, the Q10 is my communicator brain and really good at it Try it out for a couple of weeks, type a lot, afterwards pick up your iphone again and type a long message. I did so with my android phone and the experience was horrible. Hope you make the switch and good luck with your choice.

To the OP last question: Don't go for an older BB OS now, it was tempting for me also, waiting for months and deliberating to get a 9900 but i'm glad now i've waited for the Q10.
    05-30-13 12:43 PM
    When it comes to iPhone vs. Q10, it really depends on what you're after. They are very different interfaces, very different experiences. I personally like having that hardware keyboard, and I've always loved the way BlackBerry approaches the mobile community. Every phone out there handles communication quite well, from what I can tell, but BlackBerry does the best job for what I ultimately use a phone for. For others, the iPhone does that.

Good luck in your choice. I'd suggest trying both out in-store before making a choice.

JB
    05-30-13 01:59 PM

I switched from iOS to Blackberry because of the keyboard in iOS. I love the touch keyboard on Blackberry, think it's fantastic. The Q10 is even better if you're prepared to sacrifice screen real estate for the best keyboard experience possible on a mobile phone.
    05-30-13 02:05 PM
    IPhone for apps, Blackberry for communication.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:29 PM
    Just my 2 cents as a user who switched from iphone 3gs to BlackBerry q10 (and never looked back in the last week).
    As I looked at the apps I used on regular base on my iphone i realised that it was just:
    - browsing
    - textmessaging
    - e-mails
    - calender
    For this purposes both BlackBerry devices are perfect choices from my point of view! If you send a lot mails or text messages the q10 might be the device of your choice because of the physical keyboard (which i love a lot!). The on-screen keyboard of my old iPhone is a piece of crap compared to the blackberry one!

greetings from germany, k_f
    05-30-13 06:53 PM
    I am profoundly disappointed with BB Q10...stay with the iPhone.
    I was a BB user for 9 years and have had an iphone for the last 3 years....there are many shortcomings to BB Q10..not easy to use, lacks any WOW factor and many standard banking and brokerage applications even don't work! (check out the Comments section say for the CIBC banking app on the Blackberry App site .
    I will return to the forum and list out just some of the issues...
    I can't be the only one who feels this way ...what say you?
    05-30-13 07:07 PM
    I was a BB user for 9 years and have had an iphone for the last 3 years....there are many shortcomings to BB Q10..not easy to use, lacks any WOW factor and many standard banking and brokerage applications even don't work! (check out the Comments section say for the CIBC banking app on the Blackberry App site .
    hmm my experiences is the exact opposite...i sold my iphone to get the z10 and i absolutely love it.
    i actually cant even stand using the iphone anymore and find myself doing gestures on it without any results

that beings aid, different strokes for different fokes
    EagleStephen likes this.
    05-30-13 07:14 PM
    I went from the 9900 to the i4 then i5. Recently switched to the Q10 and love it to death.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:23 PM
    Apps aren't a main reason to own a phone. So a 6 year old iOS vs new OS makes the new one crap? Lets all remember 6 years ago to how much iOS sucked. No copy/paste, etc. OS10 is brand new and been out a few months. They will improve it just like iOS did. And no Wow factor? Come on. iOS doesn't have a wow factor. iOS is pretty simplistic.
    05-30-13 07:32 PM
69 123