Thanks for the heads up!

I uninstalled the old version (1.0.0.37 - probably ancient!) and reinstalled to 1.1.1.26.

My Q10 has 10.1.0.273 - i'll try the usb connection right now. I got rid of dtm when I put my 9900 to rest ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    06-11-13 02:16 PM
    SUPERB!

So just to confirm, if you have BlackBerry os 10.1, or the Q10 (obviously) then YES, FINALLY 2 way usb sync!

Thanks for the heads up - this was a major pain.

06-11-13 02:42 PM
    SUPERB!

So just to confirm, if you have BlackBerry os 10.1, or the Q10 (obviously) then YES, FINALLY 2 way usb sync!

Thanks for the heads up - this was a major pain.

Hope it went well and is working correctly for you. Note that I do not have either on my pc or device yet but am going by what the devs and others have told me and they seem to know what they are talking about.
    06-11-13 03:56 PM
    We'll it's correct info!

The 2 way sync is set up in settings. It actually sources the contacts and calendar info (from the pc outlook 2010 client) and creates an account on the Q10 called "BBLink".

The problem is that this new account isn't the default account on the phone, so you have two calendars and duplicate contacts!

I just reloaded the data on my Q10 (from the state BEFORE I performed the 2 way sync) and then deleted all the calendar and contact info and THEN synced the empty phone with the PC.

After all that: problem solved!

A bit long winded but it worked!

Thanks for your help :-)

06-11-13 05:37 PM
    We'll it's correct info!

The 2 way sync is set up in settings. It actually sources the contacts and calendar info (from the pc outlook 2010 client) and creates an account on the Q10 called "BBLink".

The problem is that this new account isn't the default account on the phone, so you have two calendars and duplicate contacts!

I just reloaded the data on my Q10 (from the state BEFORE I performed the 2 way sync) and then deleted all the calendar and contact info and THEN synced the empty phone with the PC.

Well, quodos to you for doing the experimentation. Kinda confirms what I assumed in a post I made above.

BB kind of took it upon themselves to "assume" that, even with 2-way sync, the expectation is that you keep your device clean, and use the "link account" as your contacts and calendar. OK I guess. Too bad it's the only option.

That's ok I guess. Just not the way I was running things with the old DM. So 2-way sync with Link is only practical, imo, if you want an otherwise clean device and use your outlook contacts as the major source. If not, it does not have the utility it did before, where one-way syncing was a blind "leave your device alone" way to punch stuff into outlook. Even one-way via link sets up the link account on your device.... interesting...
    06-11-13 06:01 PM
    We'll it's correct info!

Glad I could be of help! Thanks for updating all of us!
    06-11-13 07:22 PM
    You're right I'm uninstalling my version and downloading as we speak - so this version 1.1.1.26 contains the two way link? Sorry, I must have slept through that as I didn't see the CB article :-)

Agreed I just went to the BlackBerry site and re-downloaded the new version but I did not get any new update notifications!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:35 PM
    There may not have been a notification. Some carriers are slow in getting them out but you can always find the newest and most of the time the best updates somewhere on these forums--thanks to all the Devs for getting them out to us!
    06-11-13 07:51 PM
    Just to add to these posts--I do not have Link on my PC yet as I'm waiting for the Q10 to become available next week--that said, and this is important--it is my understanding from my personal experience and from BlackBerry (RIM) that you MUST UNINSTALL BBDM from your PC prior to loading Link or the sync feature and many other features will not work! I know this to be true as I downloaded the latest Link software about 3 wks ago to just play around with it and get used to it, and it hijacked my Outlook 2007 account permissions. Actually took it over and wouldn't allow me to open it up. My computer guru came over and reset my permissions so I could use it but only after deleting Link first. There is some files in the BBDM that conflict with Link so make sure you Uninstall the BBDM software on your PC using your control panel>Programs and features (so it deletes all the hidden files) then reboot your PC prior to downloading the newest Link (1.1.1.26) update. Afterwards, all should work as promised. I know it will as I have a dev friend on here that uses it. Good luck and hopefully this will help with the problems.
    I have both installed on my computer and don't experience this issue. Very interesting tho. Will have to look into it. What version of DTM were you using?

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-11-13 09:37 PM
    Blackberry, there is no excuse for this, none.
    Exactly. Is this for real? What about if you are on BES?
    06-11-13 09:52 PM
    BB Q10 Link synchronization not working a big problem
    even after removing the file of BB in my PC, and installing Link 1.1.1.26
    in Malaysia, it is not working...
    this is most important reason for me to buy new BB Q10?
    Anyone care to reply or guide me.
    BB itself is hopeless no one cares about us
    Any expert from Blackberry cares to guide and help??
    06-12-13 04:34 AM
    We'll it's correct info!

BB10 devices with 10.1 software do not need to be wiped to clear local contacts and calendar.

Go to settings, accounts and click the 3 dots in the bottom right. There will be options to clear local calendar and clear local contacts.

This is useful if information has been sync'd with link.

As well if having a local database is preferred too you can link the dup contacts as one.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:16 AM
    I am really struggling with the Q10 and its new Bugs (excuse me - features)

worst of them all - the inability to synchronize with Outlook... has anybody solved this riddle?

I have the Q10 on Vodafone, with all the latest updates on the device and the Link (with the two-way sync feature)
    I have a Laptop with Outlook 2010
    I will not use gmail/Hotmail or any other web based version to transfer data, as I have no idea how this would work when traveling, or how secure the data would be - just not an option

Issues I am struggling with:
    - the sync does not work.
    - the device is asking which calendar I want to use (?).... uhhhmm - MY CALENDAR! (which is not an option)
    - I have tried to use both Local and Link calendars - nothing transfers to Outlook
    - I have entered appointments and meetings in Outlook - nothing transfers to the device
    - Link is repeatedly stating that there is an update for the device, the device is stating it has the latest software...
    - every time i synchronize - sunc unsuccessful
    - so after waiting for 2 months for the two-way sync version on Link to come out - it does not work - great.

now I will make a choice this week - throw away or find a solution to this issue, because this does not work.

someone told me about a software called Companion Link - does anyone have experience with it?
    I am looking for if it works, what the bugs are, etc
    are there better ways around the engineering disaster of the Q10, or should I just throw this away and kick myself?

any thoughts helpful and welcome - thank you
    Oddly ive used companion link on an android device and worked fine but I'm not sure it's compatible with BlackBerry os10.
    I installed BlackBerry link upon first plug in to the computer BUT I didn't get a notification for the latest version that does enable two way syncing!
    I went to the BlackBerry site and just DL'd the newest link version and it's working fine for me! I use outlook version 2007 and windows 7 pro!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:25 AM
    I have both installed on my computer and don't experience this issue. Very interesting tho. Will have to look into it. What version of DTM were you using?

Posted via CB10
    Please do and post what you find. This may be a big issue to folks who would like to keep both on their pc's in case they use both a 7.1 (or lower) device as well as a BB10 device. Me being one of them as my current plan is to load BBDM on an old laptop and use it to sync with my 9810. Thanks!
    06-12-13 03:14 PM
    BB10 devices with 10.1 software do not need to be wiped to clear local contacts and calendar.

Go to settings, accounts and click the 3 dots in the bottom right. There will be options to clear local calendar and clear local contacts.

As well if having a local database is preferred too you can link the dup contacts as one.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know that! Would've saved a LOT of time! Cheers!!!

06-13-13 06:11 AM
    Thanks to everyone that has replied to my posts - most informative!

I just wanted to add one experience - actually the first time my Q10 has acted up:

I wiped and restored my phone, and synced to the PC, via link. I then posted on this forum.

I then put the Q on overnight charge and went to sleep.

Wednesday (yesterday, UK time) I took the Q of charge, about eight am, and left the house.

By eleven am, the back of the phone was extremely hot to the touch (through the BlackBerry Soft Shell case) and the battery had gone down to fifteen percent, from one hundred. I don't have any sideloads, only active frames were whatsapp and CB10.

I did a full reboot - holding the power button down for OVER 30 seconds (as mentioned on the forums).

Q10 restarted and battery behaved, held to eight percent at eleven pm, when I put it on charge overnight. I had turned off everything bar wifi, left CB10 and whatsapp (though no use or posts to CB10) open, no calls but did receive and send emails.

No I can't believe BlackBerry Link would have caused that behaviour - that makes no sense, all Link did was create a new account on the phone. I suspect my refreshing the phone may have done something to the stability. I've read the Z10 forums and the Q also ; many people experience this issue, but honestly: this is the first time for me...

I thought I'd add this for completeness. And insight would be helpful and sorry for the rambling posts! Thanks again for the help :-)

06-13-13 06:36 AM
    Hi,
    have BB Q10 since Monday. Have the newest Link Software and the newest BB Software.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does only sync the Contacts.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does NOT sync the Calendar. It still appears a yellow sign with the message: CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_2_131074/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB

???????
    Best Andi
    Last edited by ahen64; 06-13-13 at 07:44 AM.
    06-13-13 07:22 AM
    I didn't know that! Would've saved a LOT of time! Cheers!!!

Pas t experience dictates that computers do not like two separate versins running DTMB so becareful as you don't want to lose info!

I am doing great with the newest version of BlackBerry link and it's syncing fine with outlook! To recap I use outlook 2007 business edition and running win 7 pro!

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-13-13 09:12 AM
    I just downloaded the latest software, set sync settings to "2 way" "no Conflicts" and to Auto Sync when device is detected. I click on devise on "LINK" and shows " sync completed" but when I check my outlook calender I find the info on my device is not on my pc.
    Suggestions?
    06-14-13 12:45 PM
    phew! HUGE sigh if relief BBQ10 synchs outlook calendar both ways!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-14-13 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Keeping Pace! Why would you want to clear local calendars? My Sync functions work perfectly with Outlook 2007/Windows 7 and I have absolutely no issues but I also have chosen which calendars I wanted to view via the pulldown settings menu (manage calendar). I realize that if I post an entry on my phone in my calendar it goes (or at least I think it goes to the local calendar), but it still shows up in my Outlook 2007 calendar on my PC.

Its when I compare the link calendar with the local calendar that there are added events or appointments. So as mentioned in this thread, I'd be careful clearing local calendars as you may delete important info. Guess my question is this: Why would I want to clear Local Calendar events and what purpose would it achieve? Thanks for your imput--we are all new with this new OS so its a learning cure for all of us, no matter how experienced we were with the Legacy phones. Thank you!
    06-26-13 02:16 PM
    Reset the default calendar to the one you want to use. Then all entries to calendar on phone will not go to local calendar - I do not use the local calendar, hence I can sync with my own selected "default" calendar.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:34 PM
    Per above - just search for "default" and you will easily see where to change settings. To control what calendar(s) you view, swipe down from top when in calendars and manage the calendar(s) you want

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:36 PM
    Hi Keeping Pace! Why would you want to clear local calendars? My Sync functions work perfectly with Outlook 2007/Windows 7 and I have absolutely no issues but I also have chosen which calendars I wanted to view via the pulldown settings menu (manage calendar). I realize that if I post an entry on my phone in my calendar it goes (or at least I think it goes to the local calendar), but it still shows up in my Outlook 2007 calendar on my PC.

Its when I compare the link calendar with the local calendar that there are added events or appointments. So as mentioned in this thread, I'd be careful clearing local calendars as you may delete important info. Guess my question is this: Why would I want to clear Local Calendar events and what purpose would it achieve? Thanks for your imput--we are all new with this new OS so its a learning cure for all of us, no matter how experienced we were with the Legacy phones. Thank you!
    Here's the thing. Yes you can hide the local but in some cases it contains the same events.
    If you're in the hub and you swipe down to look at upcoming events. You will see all calendar events here. Hence duplicates.

Synchronization will create a new account with the name of of the computer. If local calendar is only a duplicate of other events, it's best to clear it.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:57 PM
    I just downloaded the latest software, set sync settings to "2 way" "no Conflicts" and to Auto Sync when device is detected. I click on devise on "LINK" and shows " sync completed" but when I check my outlook calender I find the info on my device is not on my pc.
    Suggestions?
    Only information in the link account will sync to computer. Most likely you're device info is in another account.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:58 PM
96 1234