Hey CB! Longtime fan finally signing up, need help!

Finally got my wife upgraded to a Q10 (she was leaning 5s) and she loves it with 1 small (my opinion) exception that has her thinking about giving it up. Some mornings it is non-responsive to touches to open apps, etc. Peek still works, can flow into the hub but cant tap to open apps on the homescreen or messages once in the hub. The only thing that seems to correct is a hard restart. Running 10.2.1.429 on Bell. Its done this since the first morning with no installed apps. Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas?

Thanks!
    01-07-14 06:53 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

You mean 10.2.0.429 btw, you don't want people to go crazy thinking 10.2.1 is out already.

Did you guys try a reboot (hold the top buttom and ignore screen prompts. Let go when you see the BB Loading screen)? If that does not do, a device wipe may be in order.
    01-07-14 07:35 PM
    Haha... Yeah, my bad... Playbook typo!

Will try that, but shes not going to want to keep doing it daily. Will give the wipe a shot; was hoping for a quick easy fix I had missed.

Tks!
    01-07-14 07:51 PM
    Haha... Yeah, my bad... Playbook typo!

Will try that, but shes not going to want to keep doing it daily. Will give the wipe a shot; was hoping for a quick easy fix I had missed.

Tks!
    If the reboot works, you won't have to do it again. Let's hope it does!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:50 AM
    Rebooted it last night, did it again this morning. Wondering if it has something to do with her having it on the charger overnight - can't imagine what that would do but who knows. Going to get her to leave it unplugged tonight and see what happens. Will let you know!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-08-14 08:06 AM
    Rebooted it last night, did it again this morning. Wondering if it has something to do with her having it on the charger overnight - can't imagine what that would do but who knows. Going to get her to leave it unplugged tonight and see what happens. Will let you know!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Well if that didn't work (and it IS different from just asking the phone to reboot) then there is something going bogus in the device and since I can't figure it out from here, I can only sugest a wipe. Settings > Security.

She'll have to set it up and down load her apps again, but it should kill the cause of the issue.
    01-08-14 10:53 AM
    Is there anything special with your phone?
    Mine is missing a chunk of the screen and it becomes unresponsive except for swipes whenever it gets moist. (Quick temperature drop, being in my pocket screen towards my leg, etc)

And I've had my girlfriends iPhone in pristine condition do the same under extremely cold weather (for my area). So you may want to take a look at that.

It's not common, but it's also not a rare issue. Google "touchscreen cold weather".

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    01-08-14 11:20 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Lots of info here....ENJOY
    01-08-14 11:23 AM