Hi All,

New member but have googled many a topic on the forums looking for answers. Also a LONG, LONG time BB user.

I have seen this topic discussed a few times and I don't know if it's buggy software or specific to my device.

• In BB Hub I have turned off "show sent messages" but it continually shows them. I don't mind that it shows ongoing text/BBM messages however I hate to see the sent email messages specifically. Occasionally if I turn the feature on for 5 minutes and off again it will stop displaying them but within a few hours those sent messages from email will start displaying again. I find this incredibly frustrating.
    • Other issue which has just started is getting notifications from certain apps. Again I have gone into the correct areas and turned the notifications off but they continue to come in. I am to the point where I am going to start deleting these apps and reloading them but between this issue and the one noted above the "off" switch just doesn't seem to work?
    • Finally.....Facebook. Somehow it keeps turning itself on and syncing contacts. I don't need the extra 500 of the friends on FB in my contacts folder as many of them I haven't seen in 20 years since high school!!!

Just to add in as well.....I am not a techno-dummy as I do work in the IT world and have found where all the functionality is to achieve my desired results as to the above issues but they just don't seem to fix themselves.

VERY frustrating and although I am very happy with so much aout the Q10 and the new OS....these nagging issues are a pain.

My one other weird one that happens is the units just powers off on it's own and without doing a hard reboot by removing the battery it won't turn back on! This unit is all of 3 months old and has not been dropped or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide some insight.
    02-14-14 01:21 PM
    It would be great if you could tell your os version so people could give some ideas

I dont know about sent email showing in hub as I always keep them on so I know which email I replayed and which is pending

And for notifications of app showing
    Are these apps native BlackBerry apps or sideloaded android apps?

About your phone shutting downs I think I heard about this before also and its due to some small bug and I dont know how to fix

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:30 PM
    How do you get it to come back on? I think mine might have suffered from the same. Took the battery out, and now it won't power back on.
    02-14-14 01:31 PM
    It would be great if you could tell your os version so people could give some ideas
    I dont know about sent email showing in hub as I always keep them on so I know which email I replayed and which is pending
    And for notifications of app showing
    Are these apps native BlackBerry apps or sideloaded android apps?
    About your phone shutting downs I think I heard about this before also and its due to some small bug and I dont know how to fix
    Hi Hakimmmm....thanks for the heads up. "New" to posting so didn't think to add in the 0/S. I am on the latest one here in Canada which is 10.2.1.537....in saying that though I did get a notification this morning of a new update but no mention of bug fixes in it.

As for the app itself....it came from BB World and I believe it is BB Specific and not an Android however I could be wrong. It is one of our Sports Apps up here called "The Score". Have had it loaded for a couple of months now and all of a sudden in the past day I am getting Winter Olympic updates in my hub????
    02-14-14 01:38 PM
    How do you get it to come back on? I think mine might have suffered from the same. Took the battery out, and now it won't power back on.

Heavy Fluid.....with the battery out, try plugging into the power source. If you see the indicator flick red then put the battery back in and it "should" start rebooting. I did something along that line last night when it happened and wouldn't come back on. I don't recall the exact sequence I used but it did work.

Other thing I have found is when it happens and I don't have the power cord with me is you may have to try putting the battery in a few times. Just pray as I do for the red light to kick in.....but I have been scared a few times when I have had to put the battery in 3-5 times before it will start rebooting.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-14-14 01:40 PM
    Try to disable the auto refresh in settings in Thescore app

That might help to stop notifications

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:43 PM
    Heavy Fluid.....with the battery out, try plugging into the power source. If you see the indicator flick red then put the battery back in and it "should" start rebooting. I did something along that line last night when it happened and wouldn't come back on. I don't recall the exact sequence I used but it did work.

Other thing I have found is when it happens and I don't have the power cord with me is you may have to try putting the battery in a few times. Just pray as I do for the red light to kick in.....but I have been scared a few times when I have had to put the battery in 3-5 times before it will start rebooting.
    Might be faulty battery

But try to update your os cuz the new update should fix many known/unknown bugs

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:45 PM

I have tried that a few times, will keep trying. Thanks
    02-14-14 02:01 PM
    Did you ever solve the problem with sent emails showing up even though you have them turned off? I started having the same problem on Z10 when we switched me to a BlackBerry server and Balance. Just a problem with my work email, not any others.

Thanks,
    Mike

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:12 AM