Hey everybody,

I was pretty shocked when I found out that my headphones stopped working. Only the right one works but even this one only very silent. I'm disappointed that they only lasted for two months as they were announced to be premium headphones. I didn't pull the cable intensively or kept them tangled in my pocket or whatever. Any chance I can get new ones via my warranty and where can I get support?
    Has this happened to anyone else yet?

Come on blackberry those little things matter!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:46 PM
    Headphones are never warrantied (at least by Canadian carriers), as it is an accessory. If you're lucky enough to have dealt with a good sales team, they may exchange one and DOA the phone. But that's very unlikely.

You're better off contacting BlackBerry and complaining. They may send you a new pair, if you word things properly.
    07-03-13 02:52 PM
    My BlackBerry headphones have lasted me a very long time. The ones that came with my 9900 are still working even though the rubber on the wire is torn open in several places. It could have to do with how loud your music is (mine is only on 1/2 - 3/4 volume). Also, it's just the luck of the draw. Some Apple headphones last 5 years while others last 5 minutes.

I hope my premium headset lasts a long time.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:06 PM
    I came across a strange thing. My headphones work with my computer. Fully. And other headphones like apple work with my q10. But together they don't. Does somebody have an explanation for that? Because I can't figure out a scenario where this could be possible. Except for the fact that it obviously is...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:34 AM
    Hey everybody,

I was pretty shocked when I found out that my headphones stopped working. Only the right one works but even this one only very silent. I'm disappointed that they only lasted for two months as they were announced to be premium headphones. I didn't pull the cable intensively or kept them tangled in my pocket or whatever. Any chance I can get new ones via my warranty and where can I get support?
    Has this happened to anyone else yet?

Come on blackberry those little things matter!

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly what happened to my Q10 headphones and I don't know why it stopped working. I have tried it my computer, ipod and other people phones and it seems to be the headphones :'( I also checked if it was the headphone jack of my phone that wasn't working but fortunately that wasn't the case. I don't understand why it stopped working. I thought I took care of them well. I was also wondering if these headphones are also under warranty. :'(
    07-16-13 03:33 AM
    I came across a strange thing. My headphones work with my computer. Fully. And other headphones like apple work with my q10. But together they don't. Does somebody have an explanation for that? Because I can't figure out a scenario where this could be possible. Except for the fact that it obviously is...

Posted via CB10
    Happened to me... all i did was to push the headphone jack because it wasnt fully fit into the phone. I mean you just did not insert it properly, it was still loose. You must not see any metal on the headphone jack when you insert it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:00 AM
    Always did this. Fully. It's the headphones that don't work. When I twist it while it is plugged in it randomly starts working so it's a messed up contact in the end of the headphone. Still mad.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:44 AM
    Verizon use to give a case or headphones with a new device now you just get a phone and a charger!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:43 AM
    I don't know what happened. I stopped using mine when it was only working on the right channel But I started using them again and just realised that it was back to working order. I don't know if this helps anyone but felt like I should put an update out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:36 AM