Hi guys,

I will upgrade to the new BB10 eventually for sure. I wanted the Q10 for the keyboard over the Z10 but reading how many issues there are with the Q10 makes me second guess myself.

Do you guys think the Q10 has more defects as a percentage compared to the Z10?
    09-05-13 08:53 AM
    No issues whatsoever - I've got both the Z & Q 10 phones, not a problem with either one.
    09-05-13 09:02 AM
    I'm gonna have to say yes. It's got mostly to do with the physical keyboard. More moving parts means more potential problems. I had to exchange 2 q10s because of the wobbly spacebar issue. I finally found the perfect one that I'm using now and I absolutely love it. My brother's "O" key just started acting up and he doesn't even have to press it down, and when he does it registers twice. When the q10s are built well they're awesome, but there's just too many faulty ones. I hope BlackBerry can pull it together because I love their devices but they have to step up their game.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:07 AM
    I do remember reading the 9900 having tons of defects too but when i bought one for my dad its been flawless.
    09-05-13 09:29 AM
    My wife and I both have Q10's and have had no problems at all with them. Keyboard is best I've used.
    09-05-13 09:31 AM
    My wife and I both have Q10's and have had no problems at all with them. Keyboard is best I've used.
    I agree

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:47 PM
    You read people with complaints about defects, but most people who have perfectly fine Q10s probably don't signup for a CrackBerry account to tell us.

I bought two Q10s when they launched. The one for my mom was perfect, and then mine had a spacebar that was pressed in. I returned it that day and they gave me a new one, which was perfect.

If you get the Q10, have the sales rep open the box for you there, and test the spacebar. My mom has had her Q10 since that day in June when it launched, and has had absolutely no problems.
    09-05-13 12:53 PM
    Im personaly on my second Q10 sinceJune, the first one decided to stop turning on so I got it replaced. this new one is fine except for all the software issues
    09-05-13 12:59 PM
    Let's be honest there is going to be no less problems with a device that has a great build quality (what blackberry are known for) than any other phone out there. I have never had a serious problem with a new BlackBerry - once with iPhone and 3 times with a galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:10 PM
    I've had my Q10 for 3 months now and I haven't had any issues with my phone...physical or software-wise.

Just like most things most people won't go out of their way to praise their device for being flawless lol if you want a physical keyboard no other competitor is better than BlackBerry.

When I first held my Q10 at the AT&T store I fell in love

BBQ10
    Downturn likes this.
    09-05-13 01:16 PM
    I'm on Sprint, so I've been waiting in the wings while everyone else got their BB10 phones. Finally, mine will be arriving tomorrow. I'm very excited and am interested if there is anything other than the spacebar that I should look for when I first start using the device.

Side note - If the Z10 is pronounced Zed 10, I think the Q10 should be called the Qued 10.
    09-05-13 01:20 PM
    I'm on Sprint, so I've been waiting in the wings while everyone else got their BB10 phones. Finally, mine will be arriving tomorrow. I'm very excited and am interested if there is anything other than the spacebar that I should look for when I first start using the device.

Side note - If the Z10 is pronounced Zed 10, I think the Q10 should be called the Qued 10.
    Actually im sorry that doesnt work, in canada Z is pronounced "Zed" and american is "zee" but Q is pronounced the same in both countries
    09-05-13 01:43 PM
    Actually im sorry that doesnt work, in canada Z is pronounced "Zed" and american is "zee" but Q is pronounced the same in both countries
    Maybe it's not a Canadian thing, but I have heard it pronounced the "key 10" as if it was spelled Qi(I believe that's pronounced key anyway)
    09-05-13 01:56 PM
    Generally speaking Ive never heard it pronounced that way but there is multiple languages in this country. Since it is a canadian product I can safely assume its pronounced Q10 and z(zed) 10
    09-05-13 02:46 PM
    In a two Q10 family both have worked great for months now.
    09-05-13 04:00 PM
    It's more a case of defective "user" from what I can see.

It took me four security swipes to get mine set up the way I wanted but it has been working flawlessly with excellent battery life since I picked it up before Memorial Day weekend,
    09-05-13 04:13 PM
    Just got mine. Pretty psyched as you guys would expect. I ordered it on contract through amazon - tell your friends!- $69 for Verizon if you already have a line.

My only issue with Q10 is it does seem to not register touches at times. Has anyone else noticed this? Occasionally it will be difficult to get it to recognize I am clicking on a link

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:41 PM
    I have had mine since it came out and have had no problems with it. Love it and have shown it to everyone and they are surprised that I switch back to BBRY from an iPhone. I told them the reasons and they had to agree with most of them, but again, they love their apps and Candy Crush that they say it's hard for them to make switch. Whatever device works for them is what they should use.

Why do you want a Q10 over a Z10 besides the keyboard? I would suggest trying them both out at the store or maybe really use someone's phone to test it out. If you ever have any issues, the carriers are usually pretty good with replacing them within their time frame.
    09-05-13 05:06 PM
    Zero issues on q10 after 10.1.4181 update, like literally 0.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:31 PM
    It's more a case of defective "user" from what I can see.

It took me four security swipes to get mine set up the way I wanted but it has been working flawlessly with excellent battery life since I picked it up before Memorial Day weekend,
    Why do you say its a case of defective user? I don't think anyone purposely breaks their phones just so they can't rant and bash BB on Crackberry.....unless they do???? LOL.
    09-05-13 07:04 PM

My only issue with Q10 is it does seem to not register touches at times. Has anyone else noticed this? Occasionally it will be difficult to get it to recognize I am clicking on a link

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Sprint and the same thing happens especially with touchdown and apollo8. Very frustrating when sending out emails.

I also have a wobbly space bar but I'm not sure how they can fix that. And when pressing 0 it sometimes feels like a crushing sound, not sure if it's rubbing on the space bar. Keyboard is awesome, but I could rember my older BlackBerry felt nicer.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:39 PM
    I have a Q10 and it's space key have some problems

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:54 PM
    Yes, the Q10 might have an annoying problem with it's keyboard:

see also http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-835803/
    09-06-13 02:09 PM