hey guys just wondering if its ok for a new Q10 to have a weird creaking sound when there's pressure applied to the top left of the touch screen not the top left of the phone i haven't dropped it or anything i let it charge for a couple hours used it a bit then noticed if i put a bit of pressure on the top left it makes a weird sound. the kind of pressure if you were to ring a doorbell i guess

also i got it from amazon its a SQN100-3 its unlocked and i just got it today
    Last edited by jcarlos100; 06-04-14 at 06:02 PM.
    06-04-14 05:42 PM
    Jus get a torx and see if you can tighten it down...
    06-05-14 08:52 AM
    Jus get a torx and see if you can tighten it down...
    I kinda don't wanna open it lol I might break something and it seems brand new I might just send it back and get another Q10 or a Q5 it is cheaper

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 05:35 PM
    don't worry bro, my Q10 had this issue when i first bought it. and then everything is fine and no 'wired sounds' after a few weeks use
    jcarlos100 likes this.
    06-05-14 07:46 PM
    don't worry bro, my Q10 had this issue when i first bought it. and then everything is fine and no 'wired sounds' after a few weeks use
    Hmm I'll give it a couple days I'll use it non stop and see if anything changes thanks for the reply

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:50 PM
    Not the Q10 but I get it with my Z10, just on the top left back just below the camera. It seems to be where the back cover clips in but is not quite held down properly.
    I also get it at the bottom of the display where the BlackBerry logo is, if gentle pressure is applied it makes a slight creaking noise. I know it sounds really cheap to think about it but some of the pieces are only stuck together using high grade double sided foam padding.
    06-05-14 09:25 PM
    My Q10 used to make a creaking sound when I pressed down hard on the screen. It wasn't that big of a deal. But a few weeks ago, I dropped my phone (more like threw in the air...) and it landed face down on my driveway, which completely shattered my screen.

So I put a new screen in and there are no more creaking noises! I think it's because I tightened all the screws up. If you want to do this, keep in mind that the stickers on top of the screws, if they are torn from a screwdriver, it will void your warranty. So it's best to just live with the creaking unless you break your phone like me :P

I guess I put this phone back together better than BlackBerry ever did!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-05-14 10:18 PM
    O right almost forgot about this yeaa I ordered another q10 hopefully this one is ok with no problems I'll let ya know

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:36 PM
    i put a business card under the battery door to fix it
    06-06-14 10:33 PM
    Well got the new Q10 and...the creaking sound is still there though a bit louder this time O well maybe it's because both are still new. I guess I'm just ganna use it hopefully it last me as long as my Z10 did or more

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 05:14 PM
    I had it when I first got my device too. Went to the shop and asked them to fix it. 5 minute job.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-07-14 05:16 PM
    I had it when I first got my device too. Went to the shop and asked them to fix it. 5 minute job.

Which shop?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 05:22 PM
    Which shop?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Malaysia's official service center?

jcarlos100 likes this.
    06-07-14 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry Malaysia's official service center?

Lol damn I'm in NY O well I'll stick with it just found out its a SQN100-5 perfect for my carrier so if anything breaks I'll fix it in the future

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 05:42 PM

Did they say what the problem was?
    jcarlos100 likes this.
    06-07-14 09:26 PM
    Yes, I used to get it on the left edge of the screen when I first got my Q10 but it just does not bother me anymore.

I don't hear the creaking unless I really press it down with my thumb and my index finger.

And it is a touch screen so there is no reason that you would ever need to press it down that hard anyways.

If under "normal" usage, and you still hear the sound, then that would be annoying and it is a defect. But if you hear the creaking when you specifically "look" for the sound, then it is just normal.

While it would be nice, if there was no creaking, it is a common problem among modern phones. They are just getting thinner, smaller bezels, and manufacturers need to minimize costs.

Just for the fun of it Google "iPhone creaking", "galaxy creaking". And I am sure you would find quite a few
    06-08-14 01:41 AM