I told you you can't, the phone has warranty but you can't go to the UK Which is where you purchased it. There's no other way unfortunately, you can't just mail it to blackberry it sucks.

What's the store you bought it from do you remember?

Posted via CB10
    He's in Canada right now and said that the BlackBerry HQ is about an hour's drive away so he might go and see if he can get someone to sympathize with his situation...

I have all of my purchase information (even though I'm in a contract) in a folder

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-19-14 06:35 PM
    Why is Blackberry support so crap?
    They are able to put in an RMA request, last night talking to the Rep, I led him to this website after he said he can't put in an RMA request at all because he doesn't have the resources, I led him to that site where it clearly states that a rep CAN put in an RMA request and give a support incident number, I know, that site only refers to the older BB7 devices that are out of warranty and bought directly from them, BUT it does prove my point that if the Rep wanted, he could have issued an RMA request for my device, and they would have sent me a box that would be shipped to their repair centre, its the same process for enterprise customers, they just call that number and get a ticket
    Perhaps one of the mods could step in and provide some clarification on what to do

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone Service Options - Canada
    01-19-14 06:53 PM
    Well Blackberry support for their phones are crap from a consumer stand point because Blackberry never setup their business model, with regard to their phones, to provide direct support to the consumer. The carriers always provided support and took care of any warranty issues when a user had a problem. When my tour had a problem, I went to the carrier and they contacted Blackberry on my behalf and got my tour replaced. You notice that the Playbook was a different story and thus warranty support is much better because it was setup to begin with for direct support to the consumer from Blackberry. Ironically I believe the limited red Z10s are setup for direct support from blackberry.

Even if you purchase a phone from shopblackberry, Blackberry does not provide direct support but Digital River does as the authorized reseller.

You are in the right and should get your phone replaced under warranty, but because of how things are setup it going to be hard for you to get it replaced, as everyone you have talked are trying to pass the buck.

One thing that you could do is write a letter, yes a letter, to the CEO of Blackberry and explain your situation. The reason I am suggesting a letter is because his Blackberry address is listed on his business card (which is shown in clear view on the crackberry website), which Kevin did not cover up with his fingers (he did cover up his email and phone number).
    01-19-14 07:10 PM
    FYI: factory unlocked is exactly that, a phone sold vanilla with zero ties to any network provider.

BlackBerry don't have authorised service centres in Canada no?

OP, I'm in the UK, can find out any info you may need from this end but I'm surprised you can't be pointed to a place where someone can fix your phone under warranty on behalf of BlackBerry, years ago Nokia had a few mobile chain stores carry out such work for them here, surely BlackBerry must have contracted someone to do that work no?

If they can look up your imei and see you still have warranty they should have an address for where you can send the device otherwise I see no use for that database in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:25 PM
    Well Blackberry support for their phones are crap from a consumer stand point because Blackberry never setup their business model, with regard to their phones, to provide direct support to the consumer. The carriers always provided support and took care of any warranty issues when a user had a problem. When my tour had a problem, I went to the carrier and they contacted Blackberry on my behalf and got my tour replaced. You notice that the Playbook was a different story and thus warranty support is much better because it was setup to begin with for direct support to the consumer from Blackberry. Ironically I believe the limited red Z10s are setup for direct support from blackberry.

Even if you purchase a phone from shopblackberry, Blackberry does not provide direct support but Digital River does as the authorized reseller.

You are in the right and should get your phone replaced under warranty, but because of how things are setup it going to be hard for you to get it replaced, as everyone you have talked are trying to pass the buck.

One thing that you could do is write a letter, yes a letter, to the CEO of Blackberry and explain your situation. The reason I am suggesting a letter is because his Blackberry address is listed on his business card (which is shown in clear view on the crackberry website), which Kevin did not cover up with his fingers (he did cover up his email and phone number).
    Do the letter and make the drive as well

01-19-14 07:31 PM
    If they can look up your imei and see you still have warranty they should have an address for where you can send the device otherwise I see no use for that database in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I said to the Blackberry rep yesterday, I told him that there must be some way you can look up my IMEI and see where it was sent and sold, I'm sure blackberry has records of where each phone gets distributed, his response.."No, we don't have that system"
    After trying to convince him for several minutes, he took down my IMEI, Pin, and contact info and said he may or may not get back to me, of course I think that was just him trying to get me off the line since I was yelling at him for over an hour, but I'm sure they have a database of the records

A letter seems like a great idea, even if my problem does get solved, John Chen should know how crappy his product support is and he should do something about it
    01-19-14 08:29 PM
    Anyone know the operating hours for HQ, just called and they said the office is closed
    There goes another day stuck
    rudyalexc likes this.
    01-20-14 04:31 PM
    Anyone know the operating hours for HQ, just called and they said the office is closed
    There goes another day stuck
    Look at the website, Google BlackBerry Canada HQ

01-20-14 04:46 PM
    Yeah I got that
    Contact Information - Canada
    But no hours listed unfortunately
    01-20-14 05:16 PM
    Yeah I got that
    Contact Information - Canada
    But no hours listed unfortunately
    Today's a Federal Holiday in the States, I don't know if MLK day is celebrated in Canada? Regardless, just try calling between 8-5 tomorrow

01-20-14 05:33 PM
    MLK day isn't a national holiday here, but will try again tomorrow hopefully with success
    01-20-14 06:16 PM
    I agree. Everytime I call bberry they tell me to talk to my provider. When I call my provider they give me bberry's number. I've emailed bberry at least 20 times about hardware issue and not so much as a boo in return. Everything from copying and pasting issues to a multitude of little glitches that just floor me. Copy and pasting is a nightmare....just pulls the screen when moving the cursor like its trying to swipe at the same time. Can't text from your call history anymore? Like what am suppose to do carry around paper and pen so I can write down numbers that I need to text? Backing up over wifi was huge for me with all the important docs I have added daily on my phone...well now thats gone...back to the days of the star tac I guess....
    01-20-14 09:36 PM
    I know what you mean, Blackberry product support needs a complete overhaul
    01-21-14 03:17 PM
    I meant tell the forum where you are. Canada is a big country, if you narrow it down a bit, you may get a suggestion from forum members.

For example, where I live in Atlantic Canada, there is an independent Rogers store that can repair the phones under warranty on the spot.
    As far as I know ( I use to work for one of em). There isn't any inter carrier support for out of country purchased phones. You need to call the BlackBerry support line for the uk, create a case and then direct warranty claim to a Canadian level one or two service centre. Asurion is one company that is third party and is connected to the vast web like connections forr level one/two support. I would go that route first. I know the different worldwide decisions are blackberry but their warrant protocols differ which from which you purchased you blackberry.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    01-24-14 02:38 AM
    Its a possibility, will definitely try Blackberry UK Support
    01-24-14 08:22 PM
    No support from anywhere, all say the EXACT same thing, GO TO THE POINT OF PURCAHSE, all refuse to put in an RMA request to get it repaired
    These games are slowly making me go crazy
    Anyone have solid suggestions on how to get them to fix this thing
    02-22-14 09:46 PM
    Sorry to hear your still going through this headache with your Q10, just read back your 1st post to see what the problems were, noticed your post said your on .537

Which shop did you buy from?

I'm in the UK, if you want to post it, obviously we'd have to exchange some details so you know I'm not gonna keep your phone.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-25-14 06:23 PM
    Wow thanks for the offer, but I don't remember the name of the shop, it was in Slough, UK though, if yu know that area, it's in the London area
    Thanks for the offer though, that's really nice of yu, I'll ask my brother in law if he remembers the name since he went with me to get it, but, honestly I want Blackberry to man up and understand they are at fault here, and for them to repair or replace it

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:30 PM
    Did you pay cash for your phone? Otherwise why not check your credit card bill?

Either way, lesson learned with unlocked phones, keep your receipt!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:24 AM
    Yup Cash unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:05 AM
    If I was in your position I'd focus on figuring out what shop it was purchased from pronto.

Last thing you want is a year passing and it's not solved as at that stage there's nothing anyone can do.

Decide whether your continuing to focus on contacting BlackBerry in Canada or going back to the retail outlet.

Slough is outside London, any chain would have a branch elsewhere that should remove the need to go back to the exact branch, good luck with it, but you need to get a move on.

Once you have the name of the shop finding a contact so you can speak with them shouldn't be a problem, I live here so ill call and get a contact name and number for you but you really need a shop name at least otherwise it's all wasted effort.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    03-02-14 02:39 PM
    I will call Blackberry UK Support, see if they can help me out since it's pretty much a dead end here

Posted via CB10
    decoy7 likes this.
    03-02-14 07:59 PM
    Gave up, after trying for months to get Blackberry to fix my phone, they keep refusing to do so, and over the past month, not only was I stuck with the sensitive key for "a" I got double typing keys as well for "i" "u" and "x" , so I ordered a new keyboard, white instead of black, and I ordered a new top cover in white as well, but, I recommend if anyone is planning on getting the white top cover for the Black Q10, don't, because it doesn't fit properly, but as for the keyboard, no problem there, the white one goes in completely fine on the Black Q10, I have included picture of the inside of the old problematic keyboard, although there is no indication that anything was wrong with it, which is weird, I was hoping to find something that shows why I had sensitive and double typed keys
    But still, no fix for my reboot and volume up rocker problems, I'll have to keep living with those
    Thanks to anyone who tried to helpQ10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_1568.jpgQ10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_1569.jpgQ10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_1570.jpgQ10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_1571.jpg
    flyingsolid likes this.
    04-24-14 03:25 PM
73 123