Type Allocation Holder RiM
    Mobile Equipment Type RiM BlackBerry Q10
    GSM Implementation Phase 2/2+
    IMEI Validity Assessment
    >|<
    Very likely
    Information on range assignment
    Est. Date of Range Issuance Around Q3 2012
    Reporting Body British Approvals Board of Telecommunications (BABT)
    Primary Market Europe
    Legal Basis for Allocation EU R&TTE Directive
    Information on number format

Reporting Body Identifier 35

Check Digit 9
    01-19-14 12:53 PM
    I feel for you OP. I always buy my phones unlocked and hope for the best, and so far I've been lucky. I especially feel sorry for you considering BlackBerry's quality department failed (miserably) with the new keyboard as a lot of people are facing the same issue and yet they don't own up to the problem. This is an advantage Apple has over the competitors - the warranty on their devices is second to none, but then again you're paying a premium for that.

My Q10's keyboard is also acting up, but thankfully, my friends bought it for me with warranty from an authorized distributor so that will be taken care of. Good luck and keep us posted on your issue!
    01-19-14 12:53 PM
    Here is what I got looking up the IMEI, my model is SQN100-3

Type Allocation HolderRiM
    Mobile Equipment TypeRiM BlackBerry Q10
    GSM Implementation Phase2/2+
    IMEI Validity Assessment
    >|<
    Very likely
    Information on range assignment
    Est. Date of Range IssuanceAround Q3 2012
    Reporting BodyBritish Approvals Board of Telecommunications (BABT)
    Primary MarketEurope
    Legal Basis for AllocationEU R&TTE Directive
    Information on number format
    Full IMEI Presentation ===============
    Reporting Body Identifier35
    Type Allocation Code35676005
    Serial Number==========
    Check Digit9
    You probably should erase your ime i information, that phone was more than likely provisioned to a British carrier and unlocked afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:56 PM
    But theres no original carrier, the box was sealed when I bought it from a proper phone shop
    Clearly you can see it was originally bought in the UK
    01-19-14 12:58 PM
    OP: go to wikipedia and look up BlackBerry Q10, look up your SQN carriers (there's a chart) in the UK, for that specific SQN. Call all of those carriers and try your luck!

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-19-14 12:59 PM
    BUMP: I'll help you out: any of these UK carriers is one that will work when you call:

Attachment 239889
    Q10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_00000031.png
    Q10 hardware issues - how to get support?-img_00000032.png

01-19-14 01:01 PM
    OP: go to wikipedia and look up BlackBerry Q10, look up your SQN carriers (there's a chart) in the UK, for that specific SQN. Call all of those carriers and try your luck!

It's only O2 or Vodafone

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:02 PM
    It's only O2 or Vodafone

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't know I'm in the States and don't have good knowledge on carriers in the UK :/ hehe just trying my best to help!

01-19-14 01:03 PM
    BUMP: I'll help you out: any of these UK carriers is one that will work when you call:

Attachment 239889
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000031.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	239890
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000032.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	239891

Only O2 or Vodafone got the sqn3 in the UK

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:03 PM
    Yup tried O2 and vodafone both through livechat just now
    O2 checked IMEI and said it wasn't theirs
    Vodafone said they can't check the IMEI unless im on their service and I have an account
    01-19-14 01:08 PM
    Yup tried O2 and vodafone both through livechat just now
    O2 checked IMEI and said it wasn't theirs
    Vodafone said they can't check the IMEI unless im on their service and I have an account
    Did you ask if that's customer policy? Try calling their actual support service (as then you can actually talk to someone who might feel your pain

01-19-14 01:22 PM
    But theres no original carrier, the box was sealed when I bought it from a proper phone shop
    Clearly you can see it was originally bought in the UK
    Not trying to make this hard, but these people go through a lot of trouble even revealing the box etc just to make a buck. Haven't you seen their Kijiji adds, they're always offering to buy phones, for very cheap.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:25 PM
    GUY.
    ITS A LEGIT PHONE.
    FACTORY UNLOCKED.
    SEALED.
    PROPER AUTHORIZED PHONE SHOP.

The point of me starting this thread is because I have three issues with my Q10, 2 hardware, and one possibly software related issues, all three would definitely be covered under warranty, I have not ever even dropped my phone, it has a screen protector and I have a case on it,
    These issues are definitely covered by warranty, I bought the phone sealed, unlocked, from an AUTHORIZED phone shop, the point of this thread is because I could not find and proper support on the Blackberry website, I have dealt with Apple support before regarding my iPod Touch and it was very easy and simple, I did not think Blackberry would be so difficult in getting support, last night I came across a point that I realized

What if a consumer purchased a Blackberry device unlocked from an authorized phone shop, and later he had problems with his phone covered by warranty, and the carrier won't do anything because it was not bought from them, and Blackberry says to go to the point of purchase, WHAT IF THAT STORE NO LONGER EXISTS, WHAT IF ITS OUT OF BUSINESS, what is this consumer supposed to do then?
    My point is, Blackberry must have some policy where these cases do happen, how else is this consumer supposed to get warranty support other than from Blackberry themselves
    All I asked was that the Blackberry rep simply put in an RMA request for my phone, and he refused. And now I'm stuck, I am obviously trying all the options everyone is suggesting and I am grateful for the help all of you are all providing me, but my point is, Blackberry needs to take care of this.
    01-19-14 01:36 PM
    These are the only authorized blakcberry resellers in the UK.

Europe

Authorized Wireless Carriers

Vodafone UK

BlackBerry Technology Resellers

The following national technology resellers are able to offer BlackBerry Technical Support Services in the United Kingdom:

SBL
    Insight
    Misco
    SHI
    Computacenter

http://uk.blackberry.com/support/pro...elpage=desktop

--------

That being said, if the store you bought it from isn't one of those, then they aren't authorized to sell blakcberry devices. That doesn't mean you can't buy phones from cell shops, it just means you won't have a traceable purchase or warranty. Since the point of sale is the place that offers the warranty and not blackberry.

Additionally your situation is over complicated by the fact that your are in the US.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:55 PM
    http://www.blackberryvarlocator.com/...OR/locator.jsp

You can use that to find a repair center in North America.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:58 PM
    Have similar issue. Going to have to call BS on this process. It's broken. Brand new in the sealed box factory unlocked unit SHOULD have warranty. Nothing to do with carrier imo.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:07 PM
    Do you work for blackberry, actually, are yu a tech support guy that works at blackberry defending ther ******* stupid *** warranty customer service, you know as well as I do that my phone is in warranty and that blackberry is responsible for repairing or replacing it. Oh, and Im in Canada, not the US, and you are wrong, Blackberry also does offer warranty service, what do you think the carriers or point of purchase shops do? THEY SEND IT TO BLACKBERRY TO BE REPAIRED. Or what do you think enterprise customers do? They send it direct to blackberry for repair, same with phones directly bought from blackberry, seriously if your done trying to prove my phone isn't in warranty you can leave, if you have HELPFUL information that can help me get blackberry to repair my phone, that would be highly appreciated Sir.
    01-19-14 02:25 PM
    Do you work for blackberry, actually, are yu a tech support guy that works at blackberry defending ther ******* stupid *** warranty customer service, you know as well as I do that my phone is in warranty and that blackberry is responsible for repairing or replacing it. Oh, and Im in Canada, not the US, and you are wrong, Blackberry also does offer warranty service, what do you think the carriers or point of purchase shops do? THEY SEND IT TO BLACKBERRY TO BE REPAIRED. Or what do you think enterprise customers do? They send it direct to blackberry for repair, same with phones directly bought from blackberry, seriously if your done trying to prove my phone isn't in warranty you can leave, if you have HELPFUL information that can help me get blackberry to repair my phone, that would be highly appreciated Sir.
    There is no need to get angry, I don't work for blackberry nor I'm I defending their warranty policy (I believe I already stated that it's questionable).

To answer your question, carriers don't send the phone back to blackberry they send it to a place they have hired for repairing every phone they have. For rogers, they send it to mississauga not blackberry.

Anyways,

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:50 PM
    Telus told me they send it to Blackberry
    01-19-14 02:51 PM
    Telus told me they send it to Blackberry
    How far are you from their Waterloo location?

It's here:
    Corporate Head Office
    BlackBerry B
    2200 University Ave. E
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    N2K 0A7

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884

Maybe you can go to their HQ and try to get someone's attention there in person, if you are like 1-2 hours away....
    01-19-14 02:57 PM
    Yeah thats a possibility, its an hour drive
    I'd probably be the first one though to walk in to their head office and be like "yeah I have hardware issues with my Q10, I need it repaired" haha
    I'm gonna call tomorrow though when they are open
    01-19-14 03:04 PM
    DevelopersPartners

North America[change region]ProductsSolutionsPurchasingSupport

Worldwide

The BlackBerry Handheld, the BlackBerry Cradle, and any other RIM hardware accessories, excluding external batteries and SIM cards, which are provided to YOU concurrently and in conjunction with the BlackBerry Handheld specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld (which together comprise the BlackBerry Hardware), will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is not transferable. During the Warranty Period, the BlackBerry Hardware, or one or more of the BlackBerry Hardware components, will be repaired or replaced at RIM's option, without charge to YOU for either parts or labor. If the BlackBerry Hardware (or component thereof) is repaired or replaced during the Warranty Period, the Warranty Period will expire, upon the later of the 91st day after repair or replacement or one year from the date of original purchase. Based on an agreement between RIM and the RIM Solution Provider (defined below), this Limited Warranty for the Warranty Period shall be honored by either RIM or the RIM Solution Provider. This Limited Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or if any component of the BlackBerry hardware is opened or repaired by someone not authorized by RIM, and does not cover repair or replacement of any BlackBerry Hardware damaged by: misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, neglect, misapplication, or defects due to repairs or modifications made by anyone other than RIM. This Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the BlackBerry Hardware, including cracks or scratches on the LCD screen. This Limited Warranty does not apply to any equipment other than the BlackBerry Hardware as defined in this Limited Warranty - for example, it does not apply to any external battery or SIM Card provided with YOUR purchase, rental, lease or other means of acquiring the BlackBerry Hardware, or any damage caused by the leakage or any other malfunction of an external battery, SIM Card, or any other accessory or peripheral equipment. This Limited Warranty also does not apply if the malfunction results from the use of the BlackBerry Hardware in conjunction with accessories, products, services or ancillary or peripheral equipment not expressly approved or provided by RIM specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld, and where it is determined by RIM that such malfunction is not the fault of the BlackBerry Hardware itself. Additionally, if malfunction results from the failure of the user to abide by the Safety Information contained in the package with the BlackBerry Solution comprised of the BlackBerry Hardware, the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and the associated wireless data service and documentation (the "BlackBerry Solution"), the Limited Warranty may be void, and if it is not void, it shall not apply. Data backup is presumed to be the responsibility of the user of the BlackBerry Hardware. Neither RIM nor the reseller or distributor through whom YOU purchased the BlackBerry Solution (the "RIM Solution Provider") is responsible for data that may be damaged or lost at any time, including, without limitation data lost or damaged during the servicing of the BlackBerry Hardware, or through the use of synchronization software. As the BlackBerry Solution is provided in conjunction with certain wireless data services provided by third party providers, we cannot guarantee or warrant that YOUR wireless data service will always be available or will always function properly. For this and other reasons, the BlackBerry Solution should not be relied upon for the transmission of data relating to emergency or life-threatening or mission critical situations, and RIM disclaims any liability on its behalf, on behalf of the RIM Solution Provider, and on behalf of the third party provider of YOUR airtime service for events or damages resulting from such reliance or the failure of the wireless data service to perform or to be available for YOUR use of the BlackBerry Solution, including, without limitation, the lack of service coverage in the area in which YOU wish to use the BlackBerry Solution. RIM will not be responsible for any warranties or guaranties provided by the RIM Solution Provider or any other party.

Any repair or replacement pursuant to this limited warranty could be requested by You from the RIM Solution Provider.

REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE, AS PROVIDED HEREIN, IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND EXCEPT AS SET OUT HEREIN ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, ENDORSEMENTS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, DURABILITY, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND/OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER RIM NOR ANY RIM SOLUTION PROVIDER SHALL IN ANY WAY BE LIABLE TO YOU AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, SPECIAL, COMMERCIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS REVENUE OR EARNINGS, LOST DATA, DAMAGES CAUSED BY DELAYS OR A FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED SAVINGS AND THE LIKE AND PERSONAL INJURY OR WRONGFUL DEATH DAMAGES) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE, EVEN IF RIM OR A RIM SOLUTION PROVIDER ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION IS INTENDED TO APPLY AND DOES APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED, ASSERTED OR BROUGHT IN AN ACTION OR CLAIM SOUNDING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR CONTRACT, OR UNDER WARRANTY, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LAW OR FORM OF ACTION. ANY EXTERNAL BATTERIES PROVIDED WITH THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" OR ARE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY SPECIFICALLY APPLICABLE TO SUCH BATTERIES, IF ANY, AND ANY SIM CARDS PROVIDED WITH THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE ARE PROVIDED AS IS, AND NEITHER EXTERNAL BATTERIES NOR SIM CARDS ARE, FOR PURPOSES OF THIS WARRANTY, PART OF THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF USING ANY ACCESSORY NOT PROVIDED AS PART OF THE BLACKBERRY SOLUTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL RIM'S LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE YOU PURCHASED OR THE COST OF REPAIRING OR REPLACING THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THE LIMITED WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE, TO ALL DOCUMENTATION AND TO ANY FIRMWARE RESIDING ON THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE IS SET FORTH IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT.

Waiver by RIM of any default will not be deemed a continuing waiver of such default or a waiver of any other default.

If YOU reside in Canada this Limited Warranty is to be construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario. Otherwise, this Limited Warranty is to be construed under the laws of the State of New York, excluding any body of law governing conflicts of law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby excluded in its entirety from application to this Limited Warranty. Any disagreement or dispute arising out of or relating to this Limited Warranty shall be settled by final and binding arbitration to be conducted in Ontario, Canada by a single arbitrator in accordance with theCommercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. No dispute between the parties, or involving any person but YOU, may be joined or combined together, without the prior written consent of RIM.

If a provision of this Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render unenforceable the entire Limited Warranty, but rather (unless a failure of consideration would result therefrom) the Limited Warranty shall be construed as if not containing the particular invalid or unenforceable provision or provisions, and the rights and obligations of each party shall be construed and enforced accordingly.

It is the express will of the parties that this Limited Warranty and any and all related documents be drawn up in English. C'est la volont� expresse des Parties que la pr�sente convention ainsi que les documents qui s'y rattachent soient r�dig�s en anglais.

If there is any inconsistency between this Limited Warranty and any warranty included in the packaging of the BlackBerry Hardware, the provisions of this Limited Warranty shall apply to the extent of such inconsistency.

I found this, maybe it applies to only devices they sold but it's got some information you can quote them.

Hope it helps.

Home | Products | Solutions | Purchasing | Support | Developers | Worldwide | News | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map;Legal | Copyright; 2008 Research In Motion Limited, unless otherwise noted.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:18 PM
    I'm not worried that my phone or the problems with my phone are covered by warranty. When I spoke with Blackberry yesterday, when I spoke with Telus today, they both said that yur phone is definitely in warranty, and that these problems are warranty covered, the problem is, HOW to get the warranty support needed to fix the problems, an area in which Blackberry is failing. I know I'm an odd case, but still, I can't be the only one.
    01-19-14 04:58 PM
    I'm not worried that my phone or the problems with my phone are covered by warranty. When I spoke with Blackberry yesterday, when I spoke with Telus today, they both said that yur phone is definitely in warranty, and that these problems are warranty covered, the problem is, HOW to get the warranty support needed to fix the problems, an area in which Blackberry is failing. I know I'm an odd case, but still, I can't be the only one.
    I told you you can't, the phone has warranty but you can't go to the UK Which is where you purchased it. There's no other way unfortunately, you can't just mail it to blackberry it sucks.

What's the store you bought it from do you remember?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:00 PM
    I'll find a way, somehow, they have to issue me an RMA, they must, they can do it, they just don't want to
    As for the store, had I remembered, I would have contacted them a long time ago
    01-19-14 06:30 PM
73 123