Hi guys. Am having a very serious issue with my device after the official update from Blackberry. Having been running the leaked OS 10.3.1.1169 version since somewhat October last year. I updated my device to the official 10.3.1 when it was release.

Since the OS was released that I updated my device with it have been having various sort of issues with my device responsiveness bur the most annoying part is this hotness sh*t. Trust me it's really annoying.

I updated my device to the latest OS which is 10.3.1.1779 somedays ago, since the update my phone has been getting really hot. The hot is not bearable at all. I can't make or receive call or even hold on to it when the hotness start. Have always gotta drop it down for some more mins before picking it up back.

The hotness usually start when have been on with the phone for like 30mins be it chatting or doing some other thing with it even listening to music without operating it the hotness will just start.... seriously hotness.

So I wanna ask. Is anyone here having same problem like the one I stated above? Are u using Q10 with OS 10.3.1.1779, what's been ur experience with it?

Note: This same issue is happening to a brother of mine nearby here as well. He has complain severally to me above it.

So kindly advise what can be done. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 06:23 PM
    Try to "light restart". I've seen in the official q&a at the BlackBerry website. Turn your phone off, remove the battery.(if hot let it cool down a bit) (I usually remove also the cards), put it all back together and restart the phone.
    I don't know if it will work or not, but when I update first from 10.2 to 10.3 was getting really hot and had a drain battery issue as well, I did this and things were considerably a way better. I also monitor temperature with Battery Lover app.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-26-15 08:53 PM
    Thanks man.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 03:09 AM
    Did you update over the air? Through the computer?
    03-27-15 08:36 AM
    My is "extra" hot while browsing on 3G ! 57c ? im waiting until tomorrow ,if continue i will do fresh Link install .
    03-27-15 01:35 PM
    Update over the air

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:44 PM
    I experienced my BB Q10 going hot and draining the battery at the same. Apparently it could not be repaired, I was issued a new Q10
    03-28-15 08:29 PM
    Same case for my Q10. It never got so hot until the official 10.3 OS update. While a restart could offer a temporary fix, the overheating episode still continues to take place.

CB on Q10
    03-28-15 09:27 PM
    Hi guys. Am having a very serious issue with my device after the official update from Blackberry. Having been running the leaked OS 10.3.1.1169 version since somewhat October last year. I updated my device to the official 10.3.1 when it was release.

Since the OS was released that I updated my device with it have been having various sort of issues with my device responsiveness bur the most annoying part is this hotness sh*t. Trust me it's really annoying.

I updated my device to the latest OS which is 10.3.1.1779 somedays ago, since the update my phone has been getting really hot. The hot is not bearable at all. I can't make or receive call or even hold on to it when the hotness start. Have always gotta drop it down for some more mins before picking it up back.

The hotness usually start when have been on with the phone for like 30mins be it chatting or doing some other thing with it even listening to music without operating it the hotness will just start.... seriously hotness.

So I wanna ask. Is anyone here having same problem like the one I stated above? Are u using Q10 with OS 10.3.1.1779, what's been ur experience with it?

Note: This same issue is happening to a brother of mine nearby here as well. He has complain severally to me above it.

So kindly advise what can be done. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue when I got my Q10 upgraded.
    Battery lasted for 8 hours a day only and phone got really hot on 3G. Apps was slow to load up and android apps were laggy.
    I got pissed off and security wipe/factory reset it. (with backup of course)
    Now it works wonder after the security wipe. Restore only the contacts and settings. I reinstalled all the essential android apps from amazon.
    Now I got a blazingly fast phone with battery life on 3G for 24 hours and on 2G for 2 to 3 days.
    Hope this helps.
    Something really wrong had happened during the OTA upgrade I guess.
    03-29-15 12:12 AM
    I have a co-worker that encounter the same issue after a OTA update on her Q10. Phone became unstable, hot and used up a battery in less than 5 hours. It was the 1779 update. All her battery loss was shown as Standby. I suggested that she do a OS reload but to first do a backup. She had never done a backup before and we first had to download and install Link. She did the backup without an issue but before she even tried to do a OS reload she notice the phone was now cool. Now many hours later the phone is fine and the app monitor says she has 3 days of battery remaining. So she has solved her problem by simply doing a backup.
    My only theory I have at the moment is that the OTA update put the phone in a endless loop trying to connect to Link and the actual process of doing a backup broke that loop.
    Multiple resets and even a battery pull had no effect.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:39 PM