I recently had the sudden urge to want to try out a Q10 so I recently ordered one on Ebay for $180. I just have a few questions about it..

How good is battery life? I've read that it's pretty good but then I've seen some say battery life decreased when the OS was updated (from 10 to 10.1 to 10.2).

Generally how long does it take to get used to the smaller screen? I'm coming from a Z10.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:32 PM
    Battery life is still good after 10.2. You get used to the screen size real quick. Only thing that was bothersome was some Android apps don't render too good. Kind of distorted.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:19 PM
    19h of battery life, for me.
    Emproved since 10.2.1
    Screen size, like when you type a post here in the forums on the Z10 and the keyboard shows up... the remaining part of the screen is the screen I have on my Q10!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-13-14 05:23 PM
    Coming from my Motorola with a larger screen than the Z10 I didn't have any issue transitioning. But I also don't watch a ton of videos, and I recently had a Curve so a smallish screen wasn't new to me.

Battery life hasn't been an issue, I can go all day and still have 40% or more battery. Better than my Curve, comparable to my Torch. And from what I've read about the Z10 the Q's battery life is a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:25 PM
    Thanks for replies guys! Much appreciated.. I think I'll really like the Q10. And as far as media I'll still have my Z10 if needed, but I've had a Bold 9900 previously, and I thought the screen size was decent for video (obviously would prefer bigger of course) so I'm sure the Q would be ok also if I needed it for that.

Thanks again guys!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:45 PM
    The Bold 9900 had a 4:3 screen ratio which was a tad better for watching videos. However at the end of the day the Q10 delivers a similar viewing experience.

As for the battery life, the Q10 never got the initial 10.0 software and I think back for there was indeed a slight drop with one of the 10.2.1 versions. However it still is very good. I'll put it like this: My Lumia 1020 barely gets me through a working day, most of the times needing a recharge at home. My Q10 however has enough juice left till I decide to go to bed. I don't even need to make sure I leave home with a fully charged phone.
    08-14-14 05:14 AM
    That's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 11:01 AM
    I moved from the large screened Motorola Razr Maxx to the Q10, and have had no problem with the small screen sized..although I play very little games on my BlackBerry.

The battery is FANTASTIC. I have never had my phone die during the day (charging it overnight). A day and a half from full to empty

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    08-14-14 01:20 PM
    Thanks man!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 04:14 PM
    The battery is so much better than the Z10's. And what do you use your phone for mostly? If you spent most of your time watching videos and stuff on your Z10, the Q10 screen might never be good enough for you. I use my phone just for Web browsing, texting, calling, Twitter and BBM, and after three months of using the Z10 only, it took only like a day of using the Q10 to feel like I'd been using the Q10 all along.

One great thing about using the Z10 before the Q10 is that you already know all the gestures and stuff for BlackBerry 10. Some people jump from the Bold 99xx to the Q10 and the learning curve is too much for them, because the Q10 looks and feels much like the 99xx but functions so differently. I think you'll love your Q10. I'm on my Q10 right now, my Z10 and Z30 are in my room just sitting there (though I do switch between them all often).

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-14-14 08:51 PM
    Battery life on my Q10 is great. I'm on the newest version. I bought a Z10 when it just came out and I think the battery life on it is not as good. Also my Z10 would get hot. I must admit the time I did use the Z10 made me get use to the os. When I got my Q10 I fell in love with it and I didn't miss the Z10 screen.

8350i-->9700-->Z10-->Q10,Playbook,Nexus 7
    08-14-14 10:17 PM
    I use my phone for browsing the Web, listening to music, I'm a very heavy texter, I use Instagram / Igrann often, I check Crackberry daily, Twitter, and Facebook via Web browser. I like to create/edit word documents as needed sometimes as well. I do watch videos every now and then. The screen is good enough, but I'll still have my Z10 or PlayBook if needed. It might take me a while to get used to using it with Instagram a little bit but overall I think I'll like it. The better battery life is a big plus for me and I kinda wanted to use a physical keyboard a little more to see how I still like it compared to the touchscreen Z10, which was my first all touch phone. I love the Z10's keyboard and if it had better battery life, it would be nearly perfect. But we'll see how the Q10 works out

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:08 AM
    I recently had the sudden urge to want to try out a Q10 so I recently ordered one on Ebay for $180. I just have a few questions about it..

How good is battery life? I've read that it's pretty good but then I've seen some say battery life decreased when the OS was updated (from 10 to 10.1 to 10.2).

Generally how long does it take to get used to the smaller screen? I'm coming from a Z10.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Took me 5 minutes to get used to a smaller screen, and I was coming from a galaxy note 3, a screen that's at least 1.7 inches bigger than your Z10

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 08:00 AM
    I actually received the Q10 yesterday and today is my first day actually fully using as a "daily device" and I'm getting used to the screen size. It's not bad at all. Igrann works well for my Instagram needs since it hides the bottom row/bar when scrolling so that helps. Web browsing is great. Watching YouTube videos aren't too bad either. The android apps I use work well, which is the Regions Bank app, Kik, and Instagram so far. Those are the main ones I need. Wasn't planning on playing many games but I'll try out a few. I would play them every now and then on my Z10. Battery life is just wonderful, especially when compared to the Z10 and that's huge for me! I can only imagine what the Z30's battery must be like. But so far I'm liking this phone!

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-15-14 11:17 AM
    Hey same here. Received it from amazon yesterday. I've had a Q10 before though. So the experience is only getting better with the updates. You'll love it. Don't get rid of your other devices though. Keep them as a backup. You'll miss them when they're gone, but as long as you know you have them, you'll probably never use them again. Confusing, but it's psychology. Lol

Anyway keep your other devices as backups. I have a Note 3 just in case. Wish it was another q10 but unfortunately not lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-15-14 01:17 PM
    Lol ok cool man. And yeah i'll definitely keep my Z10 just in case lol

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 02:29 PM