I'm not good with the whole photoshop concept stuff nor do I have the time but I had an idea while using my Q10 the other night.
    While I love the physical keyboard on my Q10 , I do envy the larger screen size on both the z10 and z30 phones.
    I usually find myself saying "I wish there was a way for the best of both worlds to co-exits a large screen and physical keyboard" but I had a torch once and had a ton of problems with the slider...

So my idea the other night was if you took the standard Q10 design but designed it in a way that the keyboard at the bottom of the phone was on a axis that could rotate 180 degrees to the back of the phone. It would flip around like a rubics cube. Once you flipped the keyboard to the back of the phones it would replace the front with another couple of inches of screen size.

I know there are a ton of logistical eliminates to work around like battery placement , essentially a line down the middle of the screen and it would have to be durable enough that the keyboard wouldn't snap off but I totally see my self using something like that. Typing a message you flip the screen around , watching a video or playing a game flip the keyboard to the back for some extra screen size. Even if there was a slight line down the bottom of the screen I mean it could be done perfectly and be very unnoticeable?

Just an idea , I don't design phones or work for a tech company . Let me know what you think both good and bad or if there is anyone out there who is handy with photoshop to mock up my crazy idea.

Thanks,
    Luke!
    04-26-14 01:31 PM
    Your idea sounds good, but one of the things I like about the Q10 and both the Z's are the simple designs. All I do is turn the screen on flip up and there you go.

To me, having to rotate the screen around seems like one more step to do in order to use your phone and a mechanical movement seems like it would wear down or even if you got dirt inside the area that would rotate the screen, end result not having it move smoothly.

Even though my eye sight isn't as good as it was twenty years ago, I still can see the screen just fine. I used to have the Z30 and made a dumb mistake and selling it, in which I will buy another one in the next few days, but this Q is a workhorse.

I agree with you. A phone just like the Q with a little wider and longer screen would be the ultimate device.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 04:02 PM
    I agree with both of you the Q 10 is a great phone and durable. I've dropped mine a couple of times and it keeps on plugging along. A bigger screen would be nice as long as they keep the keyboard. As I have to use one because of my electrical system doesn't allow my touch to work on the phone itself.
    05-01-14 10:34 PM
    i would LOVE if the q10 wouldnt have any side bezels around the screen. they are terrible and useless anyway and would allow for a much bigger screen without making the phone wider
    05-02-14 12:01 AM
    seen something like this before, kinda..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pe-on-as-it-is

edit: after reading the full post, not really but still kinda.
    NG888 likes this.
    05-02-14 01:34 AM
    A snap on keyboard for the Z3, Z10 and Z30 could work.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    05-02-14 04:12 AM