Hey Everyone,

I've also post the same question on Blackberry Support Forum, hopefully an answer can be reached quicker. Q10, Exchange 2010 ActiveSync - Email will not be ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

My issue is that Q10 isn't sync'ing with Exchange when I remove an email using "Delete from Hub and server" option. The emails are deleted from the phone but not on the server as Outlook still shows the deleted emails. If I, however, do the same on Ipad, the emails are removed from both places. This tells me that ActiveSync is less likely at fault but the issue is more likely on Q10.

Can anyone with the same setup verify this functionality for us?? It seems that a lot of people have concern over emails being removed from server but not the other way around.

Thanks,
    -T
    05-19-14 12:55 AM
    Mine delete properly from the server when deleting from the phone and I use Exchange ActiveSync. My only issue was when I first got the Q10 that they had to add an exception to the server to add my IMEI as I wasn't going to be put on BES. Not sure they even have it active anymore.
    05-19-14 07:23 AM
    Interesting. I thought this should be the standard for every Exchange Server because ActiveSync is keeping everything synchronized. So when I delete an e-mail on my Q10 it will be immediately deleted from every other client as well - like outlook, webmail etc.

So are you sure you're using the ActiveSync protocol and not any other like pop or imap?
    05-19-14 07:42 AM
    My address is actually exchange.xxxx.edu
    05-19-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation guys. So it seems that the issue is not on Q10 but rather on configuration or others. More diggings..
    05-19-14 01:03 PM
    I actually had same issue w/ Yahoo mail. So I downloaded android version and it works.

Posted via CB10 - the app that doesn't exist
    05-19-14 10:58 PM
    Hi,

after fiddling around for hours and hours, I ended up separating Email from Calender, Contacts, Tasks-Sync. I added an Exchange ActiveSync account and turned on syncing for all but email, then I added an IMAP email account. Now I have the best solution for me, especially with IMAP subfolders (which ActiveSync don't really support obviously).
    05-20-14 02:45 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Just for an update. I am unsure whether it was the changes I made on Exchange IIS Authentications or what not, removed emails via "Delete from Hub and server" is now working correctly. The downside is that the change can only been seen after a few moments and it can be as long as 5 minutes. Hopefully I did not waste all of our times provided that there was no issue in the first place. I am happy now that it is working nevertheless.

Thanks for everyone's contribution on this topic. This forum is way better than Blackberry support.
    Cheers,

-T
    moody and blee4 like this.
    05-21-14 04:12 PM
    Wish I could get Yahoo mail to sync with what I've deleted from server using my phone

Pretty sure it's a yahoo issue b/c my work emails do sync from actions done in hub

05-21-14 10:30 PM
    Wish I could get Yahoo mail to sync with what I've deleted from server using my phone

Pretty sure it's a yahoo issue b/c my work emails do sync from actions done in hub

If it's an IMAP account it will but it is a delayed sync not instant like every other phone. You can set the interval under the account settings.
    05-22-14 07:12 AM
    If it's an IMAP account it will but it is a delayed sync not instant like every other phone. You can set the interval under the account settings.
    I'm not sure what type it is but I had sync set to 5 min. But it would never sync.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-22-14 06:38 PM