I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong here. Q10 working one day, then not the next. Connected to PC and not detectable. LED lights don't even come up when connected to PC or power source. I've read every forum and thus far everyone keeps saying to use an autoloader, but that's impossible to do if no computer will ever detect the phone. Is there any solution out there at all. I'm willing to get super technical/surgical if that's what it takes to revive this fine beast.

Oh, and carriers are no help because the Q10 is not active on my account. So even though still under a warranty, they aren't "responsible" unless I get it activated somehow. I may even call up BlackBerry directly but not sure if that will do any good since the phone was not purchased directly from them.

Any ideas, I'm willing to listen. Please keep responses positive and constructive. Nay sayers and "debbie downers" need not respond.

Merry Christmas.
    12-24-13 04:54 PM
    You might want to give people more information. Did you install any new apps? What OS are you on? What exactly happened?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry_Fiend likes this.
    12-24-13 05:01 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong here. Q10 working one day, then not the next. Connected to PC and not detectable. LED lights don't even come up when connected to PC or power source. I've read every forum and thus far everyone keeps saying to use an autoloader, but that's impossible to do if no computer will ever detect the phone. Is there any solution out there at all. I'm willing to get super technical/surgical if that's what it takes to revive this fine beast.

Oh, and carriers are no help because the Q10 is not active on my account. So even though still under a warranty, they aren't "responsible" unless I get it activated somehow. I may even call up BlackBerry directly but not sure if that will do any good since the phone was not purchased directly from them.

Any ideas, I'm willing to listen. Please keep responses positive and constructive. Nay sayers and "debbie downers" need not respond.

Merry Christmas.
    Why wouldn't you call BlackBerry tech support first?
    12-24-13 05:08 PM
    Nothing special as far as OS. it was whatever the stock Verizon version was. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as apps. I own a Galaxy S4 so I don't sideboard anything. I'm almost apt to assume I had too much static electricity blow it (winter in Minnesota and static electricity go hand in hand).
    12-24-13 06:22 PM
    I was looking to go thru VZW first since BlackBerry website says to go to carrier if that's where purchased from. But, planning to give them(BB) a call since I have no help from carrier.
    12-24-13 06:27 PM
    Sure sounds like your phone got toasted somehow. Still, just in case, have you tried multiple USB cables to connect to the PC? It would be a shame if you can easily debrick but miss the chance because of a bad cable.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:43 PM
    Oh definitely. 2 different laptops, about 4 different micro USB cords on about 6 different USB ports.
    12-24-13 10:12 PM
    U got a manufacturer warranty with that I assume. Go get a new one...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:45 PM
    If it died and under warranty, they should replace it

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-24-13 10:49 PM
    Try a different battery

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:55 PM
    BlackBerry has automatic 1 year manufacturer warranty regardless of where you bought it as long as bought legally and nothing was done to break warranty. Their site has the number to call.

You may want to just as a last ditch effort completely erase Link from your computer a d reinstall it if you use it. Also, try a different US port and cord. Silly little changes but sometimes they work. You might be at the point now where your battery is dead so you'd have to plug it in and let it get some juice for a little while anyway.

Nonetheless, your best bet us calling BlackBerry. If you give them serial number they can look into it even the phone is off (I know a bit creepy, but true).

I've upgraded to the Z30 and have a White Q10 with both. Black and White Battery Door just laying around. If you can't reconcile your issue I'd potentially be willing to sell cheap cause trade in value keeps dropping.
    Q10 Epic FAIL!!!! NUKED!!!!-img_00000017_edit.jpg
    Q10 Epic FAIL!!!! NUKED!!!!-img_00000020.jpg

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-24-13 11:10 PM
    My "profile pic" is of the phone. Have 2 batteries. No cigar.
    12-24-13 11:11 PM
    Cool. Looks like my last ditch effort will be contacting BlackBerry at 1-877-552-5532 and travel down that rabbit hole.
    12-24-13 11:21 PM
    Cool. Looks like my last ditch effort will be contacting BlackBerry at 1-877-552-5532 and travel down that rabbit hole.
    They actually really are much friendlier and way more knowledgeable than carriers. Your gonna here a message about charging you $15 to help, that's only for people whose warranty is up so ignore it. Good Luck!

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-24-13 11:24 PM
    Sounds like this is a really sucky situation. Good luck

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-25-13 12:57 AM