Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-01-13 10:50 PM
31 12
tools
    Have been BB business user for 10 yrs? Made the move to Q10, mistake. Despite the multitude of issues I have had over the weekend during/after set up, today I find out there is no auto bbc for my emails, so no copy to outlook.. How could they have forgotten such an important option? Also - why would I want all my social stuff having equal status to my business data? Facebook in the hub, contacts etc etc.

Opinion. - This type of smart phone is not for the business user. BB 9790 is on it's way.
    Last edited by Iankis; 07-01-13 at 07:19 AM.
    07-01-13 07:04 AM
    07-01-13 08:54 AM
    Have been BB business user for 10 yrs? Made the move to Q10, mistake. Despite the multitude of issues I have had over the weekend during/after set up, today I find out there is no auto bbc for my emails, so no copy to outlook.. How could they have forgotten such an important option? Also - why would I want all my social stuff having equal status to my business data? Facebook in the hub, contacts etc etc.

Opinion. - This type of smart phone is not for the business user. BB 9790 is on it's way.

Learn first how to use this wonderful and fully business phone, than complain!
    07-01-13 09:00 AM
    OH, and Welcome to the Forums
    07-01-13 09:00 AM
    My boss has the same issue with bbc

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:25 AM

What is it you are trying to do with auto "BBC" (Do you mean BCC?)
    If what you are trying to do is make sure that there is a copy on your Outlook it may already be happening if you use Exchange or any of the cloud based services: check in your "sent items" on your Outlook to see if there is a copy there for you. ActiveSync will duplicate anything you sent into that Outlook Folder if you have allowed it.

Please let me know.
    07-01-13 09:29 AM
    I just checked and any email I send is synced to the sent folder on my Outlook.com online account as well. I assume the same happens if you are using a business Microsoft Exchange account with your own Exchange server. If you are using a third party email provider, check and see if they offer EAS, or active sync.

In other words, if using business grade email, the sent email should just sync to all devices and be found in the sent folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:29 AM
    What's there to learn? A few swipe gestures ? anyone having difficulties using this phone should not have a smartphone. Some of the moaning is beyond a joke.If Samsung had this operating system they would have been praised.

Posted via CB10
    RECOOL, jsimon208 and djslam like this.
    07-01-13 09:30 AM
    It does take a little time to get used to coming from the trackpad and older devices. Some people just don't have the patience to learn. But after spending a little over a week on the road with this phone, I knew the 9930 was headed towards ebay.
    07-01-13 09:46 AM
    Facebook, twitter and other social media stuff can be turned off from the Hub.
    jsimon208, djslam and Iankis like this.
    07-01-13 10:09 AM
    Well, the guy seems to dislike having Facebook and other messages in his Hub. If he went to Hub Settings (down swipe while in Hub)/Hub Management he could have selected the feeds he wanted in his Hub. So, there are some things you need to figure out.
    07-01-13 10:14 AM
    You don't need EAS to sync sent items. IMAP already supports this. BCC to self is so 1985.
    PJD642 likes this.
    07-01-13 10:25 AM
    Man these troll posts keep multiplying.

Do the world a favour have your trolls spade and neutered!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 12:21 PM
    Well I see SOME things haven't changed on this board. People still get "snarky" at each other. Yah, I'll admit that it irks me when people make comments out of ignorance or because they just haven't bothered to learn their device but I also think people are overly rude just because they can be and no one can stop them. Lighten up everyone.
    Justam and Shanicenicolle like this.
    07-01-13 12:48 PM
    Well I see SOME things haven't changed on this board. People still get "snarky" at each other. Yah, I'll admit that it irks me when people make comments out of ignorance or because they just haven't bothered to learn their device but I also think people are overly rude just because they can be and no one can stop them. Lighten up everyone.
    To whom are you referring?
    07-01-13 12:49 PM
    hi

I use 3rd party provider. It was so easy before as email set-up was provided by O2 on-line, and simple auto BCC option was available.
    07-01-13 01:04 PM
    shareholder?
    07-01-13 01:16 PM
    What's there to learn? A few swipe gestures ? anyone having difficulties using this phone should not have a smartphone. Some of the moaning is beyond a joke.If Samsung had this operating system they would have been praised.

Posted via CB10
    There is nothing to learn about the Q10, it's simple. It does not suit people who want to TYPE and TALK.. It does not do the job, if that is your primary use.
    07-01-13 01:40 PM
    There is nothing to learn about the Q10, it's simple. It does not suit people who want to TYPE and TALK.. It does not do the job, if that is your primary use.
    Your own personal opinion based on three days of use, certainly not fact. My primary use is talking and typing, and it suits me perfectly.
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 01:45 PM
    You don't need EAS to sync sent items. IMAP already supports this. BCC to self is so 1985.
    I think this is part of the problem. I am constantly amazed at how many people do things in a very old fashioned and often redundant way, and actually resist being told there is a better one "don't confuse me".
    Android/WP8 actually have an advantage because they haven't been around for a long time and so there is no large base of set in their ways users. BB owners seem simultaneously to want something more modern and to keep things the way they were.
    07-01-13 02:05 PM
    I think this is part of the problem. I am constantly amazed at how many people do things in a very old fashioned and often redundant way, and actually resist being told there is a better one "don't confuse me".
    Android/WP8 actually have an advantage because they haven't been around for a long time and so there is no large base of set in their ways users. BB owners seem simultaneously to want something more modern and to keep things the way they were.
    So I'll be hugely clear. The old construct/contorsion of using "automatic bcc to self" was obsolete as of IMAP implementation across virtually all email server platforms. IMAP automatically synchronizes whichever folders you want it to across any number of clients. That means my tablet, PC, Mac, Nexus 4 and Blackberry Q10 all have the exact same stuff on them, right down to knowing which messages have been "read" on other devices...and, yes, if I send something from device A it appears in my "sent" folder on all clients.

Really, if you're not familiar with IMAP and it's enormous advantages, you really should try it. Life is never the same.
    07-01-13 02:15 PM
    So I'll be hugely clear. The old construct/contorsion of using "automatic bcc to self" was obsolete as of IMAP implementation across virtually all email server platforms. IMAP automatically synchronizes whichever folders you want it to across any number of clients. That means my tablet, PC, Mac, Nexus 4 and Blackberry Q10 all have the exact same stuff on them, right down to knowing which messages have been "read" on other devices...and, yes, if I send something from device A it appears in my "sent" folder on all clients.
    Really, if you're not familiar with IMAP and it's enormous advantages, you really should try it. Life is never the same.
    You should work for BB. Both very well versed technically. I, on the other hand, just want to communicate with my customers and have a copy on my main computer. If it is so simple why isn't it an option on the phone? in a technical manual? or known how by my service provider? even on the BB website.
    07-01-13 02:32 PM
    Your own personal opinion based on three days of use, certainly not fact. My primary use is talking and typing, and it suits me perfectly.
    One morning of use actually, that was enough. Pleased it suits you, makes a lot of sense, 772 posts.
    07-01-13 02:39 PM
    You should work for BB. Both very well versed technically. I, on the other hand, just want to communicate with my customers and have a copy on my main computer. If it is so simple why isn't it an option on the phone? in a technical manual? or known how by my service provider? even on the BB website.
    I don't know why. Sorry. But to use it you only have to set up your email as IMAP instead of POP3. The rest is automatic on BB10.
    07-01-13 02:53 PM
    My boss has the same issue with bbc

Posted via CB10
    What?

Posts via Z10
    07-01-13 03:01 PM
31 12