How can I open it up otherwise without swiping? How to fix this? Thanks
    07-21-13 11:15 AM
    How can I open it up otherwise without swiping? How to fix this? Thanks
    A battery pull didn't help either. Just drains battery faster.
    07-21-13 11:18 AM
    An OS update fixed that for my sister's Q. She had the exact same problem.

Btw, we're on Globe Telecom here in the Philippines and it was an official OS release. Try checking for updates on settings and if that fails, try one of the leaks here.

Hope everything works out for you.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-21-13 11:21 AM
    Swipe up should work with installing the leaks. maybe reload the the official os first and if still doest work get a warranty exchange.

STL 100-3 os 10.1.0.4651
    07-21-13 11:37 AM
    Is the option "allow gestures when locked" activated?
    If not, only pushing the on/off button, and then swiping will unlock the phone.
    07-21-13 11:45 AM
    Swipe up should work with installing the leaks. maybe reload the the official os first and if still doest work get a warranty exchange.

STL 100-3 os 10.1.0.4651
    I'm out of town and can't connect q10 to the link software. Can I still update my os? Since I can't swipe, I can't see my settings. Thanks
    07-21-13 11:53 AM
    I'm out of town and can't connect q10 to the link software. Can I still update my os? Since I can't swipe, I can't see my settings. Thanks
    When you swipe, nothing happens? What happens when you hold the lock button? Does it give you the shutting off countdown screen? If yes, you can restart your phone from there.

07-21-13 11:56 AM
    When you swipe, nothing happens? What happens when you hold the lock button? Does it give you the shutting off countdown screen? If yes, you can restart your phone from there.

I can restart using the button but I get a locked screen and I can't swipe. It's like my screen became touchless.
    07-21-13 09:26 PM
    Settings > display > allow gestures when locked (turn it on). If it doesnt solve it then update OS.
    07-21-13 09:32 PM
    I can restart using the button but I get a locked screen and I can't swipe. It's like my screen became touchless.
    Yeap. That was the exact problem of my sister. Try a device wipe, or just try a leak on the forums. It's fairly easy.

After installing a new OS on her Q, the problem never occurred again.

07-21-13 09:51 PM
    Settings > display > allow gestures when locked (turn it on). If it doesnt solve it then update OS.
    Thanks. How can I get to settings without swiping?
    07-21-13 10:04 PM
    Yeap. That was the exact problem of my sister. Try a device wipe, or just try a leak on the forums. It's fairly easy.

After installing a new OS on her Q, the problem never occurred again.

Thanks. Can I do this without connecting to a computer. My bbq10 is not usable.
    07-21-13 10:06 PM
    You can wake your screen by pressing any number key

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-21-13 10:06 PM
    Thanks. How can I get to settings without swiping?
    Click settings icon.
    Q10 doesn't swipe up to open. Battery draining fast and hot-img_00000025.png
    07-21-13 10:24 PM
    Unfortunately I have limited access now to the forums and am unable to help you out extensively. But there are threads here where you can download autoloaders for your Q10.

You would need a pc though to make use of it. Spare at least an hour or two for the whole process.

07-21-13 10:24 PM

To reset your original phone settings and restart your phone as if it was brand new go to settings > security and privacy > security swipe

To update OS go to settings> software updates.

You dont need a pc.
    07-21-13 10:28 PM
    Click settings icon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000025.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	411.6 KB 
ID:	184952
    Thanks. Can't swipe to open the phone. Also can't click anything!
    07-22-13 01:40 AM
    To reset your original phone settings and restart your phone as if it was brand new go to settings > security and privacy > security swipe

To update OS go to settings> software updates.

You dont need a pc.
    Thanks. I can't move past the locked screen.
    07-22-13 01:41 AM
    You will need a pc to restore everything. You need Blackberry link. There is an option there to restart to factory settings. I'm not sure if your problem is an OS problem or a defective screen. If factory restore doesnt work then replace the phone. Or buy a new screen.
    07-22-13 01:50 AM
    You will need a pc to restore everything. You need Blackberry link. There is an option there to restart to factory settings. I'm not sure if your problem is an OS problem or a defective screen. If factory restore doesnt work then replace the phone. Or buy a new screen.
    Thanks a lot. I'm afraid this is the only way. When I restart by pushing the top button for three seconds my screen is unlocked but no swiping. Typing takes me to the search Page but I can't make a selection without touching the screen.

Note. Mybattery is no longer draining fast. Normal now.
    07-22-13 08:02 AM
    Here's an update : The link didn't work because I still needed to use the touch screen to finish the process. Called blackberry and they said it would be $49 for phone software support! Dropped it off at the fido store for repair. Rep was surprised the mint condition of the phone. Not sure whether it will be repaired or replaced with refurbished or new.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for all those who made suggestions to fix.
    08-10-13 11:50 PM