Thorsten Heins said it himself when they introduced the Q10 to the public, on stage. Vivek was with him, when they both said this, I believe. And it wasn't just the back fret. They said look at how beautiful it is, an so on...they mentioned stainless steel frets. I was said in a lot of places.

Posted via CB10
    I posted the video. Did you find where he says this? I couldn't find it.
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    11-03-14 05:01 PM
    If you're abusing your phone so much that the "stainless" is rubbing off, then the frets looking bad are most likely the least of your worries. Like others, I've never heard them say "stainless" except on the Passport. And even if they did, that term can also be used to described the colour of something and not necessarily to imply the metal.

I've had my Q10 since release and it still looks perfect. And before people go on about Apple, just look at what a black iPhone 5/5s looks like and how easily it gets scratched up.
    BrandonQ10 likes this.
    11-03-14 05:17 PM
    Who cares. Go buy an iPhone. I mean ibend6

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BoldPlaybook; 11-03-14 at 05:41 PM.
    11-03-14 05:18 PM
    Tooling here is no worse or better than other places. We have access to the exact same brands of tooling as the Chinese, and then some.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:23 PM
    If someone is going to imply "look at these stainless frets", what other way does one take it as? Anyways, it was said at one point or another, and it isn't right to imply such things if it is not factual.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:26 PM
    No, your correct. I didn't mean to imply "bragging" per se, but when you look at Apple, it is clear they machine their frames, components,etc. to some degree or other. Blackberry brags about what their devices are made of (not totally accurate) , but one never hears tell anywhere how they were constructed. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    What took you so long?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    11-03-14 05:35 PM
    If someone is going to imply "look at these stainless frets", what other way does one take it as? Anyways, it was said at one point or another, and it isn't right to imply such things if it is not factual.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like it was all in your head. Sorry, but your assertions do not hold up to scrutiny.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 6 Colours: Three metallic tones set for launch - News - Trusted Reviews

Mimicking the colour schemes handed to last year’s iPhone 5S, the Cupertino-based company has revealed that silver, space grey and gold iPhone 6 colours are inbound.
    Apple is ripping people off, the phones aren't real silver or gold. It isn't factual.
    11-03-14 06:01 PM
    No, your correct. I didn't mean to imply "bragging" per se, but when you look at Apple, it is clear they machine their frames, components,etc. to some degree or other. Blackberry brags about what their devices are made of (not totally accurate) , but one never hears tell anywhere how they were constructed. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    This is a BlackBerry fan forum. You should join the imore forums if you don't like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:10 PM
    Test the frets yourself then, if "it's all in my head ". Grind on them, and see if they emit any sparks, then come back and call me a liar.

Geez....some people....

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:24 PM
    Test the frets yourself then, if "it's all in my head ". Grind on them, and see if they emit any sparks, then come back and call me a liar.

Geez....some people....

Posted via CB10
    Why are you here? To create a stir?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:35 PM

Geez....some people....

Posted via CB10
    Dude, this is the part that's in your head -

"Pure marketing B.S. at best."

I asked you repeatedly to show all this marketing by BlackBerry claiming the frets are stainless steel. You have shown nothing.

Then you Claim Thorsten Heins was telling everyone about the stainless frets on launch day - I produced the video and again, it was all in your head.

Then you say "BlackBerry needs to actually start using the metals they claim are actually in the parts of the device they say they're in, instead of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes."
    But so far I haven't seen these false claims by BlackBerry - you failed to show any. Again, I have to assume it exists only in your head.

What we have here is a case of people making assumptions about the frets, and then being disappointed in finding that they assumed wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:42 PM
    I think that people here say that the fret on the back is made in stainless steel as officially told, and the 4 frets on the keyboard are not.
    So, can you give us a quote from an official who tells otherwise ? (and not saying "it's everywhere over the Internet", because, let's face it : we find nothing)

That said, I prefer the front frets to not be in steel so there is no cold feeling when typing
    11-03-14 06:45 PM
    Dude, this is the part that's in your head -

"Pure marketing B.S. at best."

I asked you repeatedly to show all this marketing by BlackBerry claiming the frets are stainless steel. You have shown nothing.

Then you Claim Thorsten Heins was telling everyone about the stainless frets on launch day - I produced the video and again, it was all in your head.

Then you say "BlackBerry needs to actually start using the metals they claim are actually in the parts of the device they say they're in, instead of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes."
    But so far I haven't seen these false claims by BlackBerry - you failed to show any. Again, I have to assume it exists only in your head.

What we have here is a case of people making assumptions about the frets, and then being disappointed in finding that they assumed wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted via CB10
    Who joins a BlackBerry fan forum with the username. Spacegrey 5s Lmao!

Enough said. Don't bother with this guy.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:45 PM
    No one gives a **** whether they're real metal or not the phone is sturdy, reliable and let's face it prior to you fixating these thoughts in your head you loved it as much as we did!!!!

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-03-14 06:49 PM
    No one gives a **** whether they're real metal or not the phone is sturdy, reliable and let's face it prior to you fixating these thoughts in your head you loved it as much as we did!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:53 PM
    Wow, lots of sarcasm and ignorant mouthpieces here. I'll leave you guys to create your own stir amongst yourselves. And I will find where it was said about those frets. I know it was said, I just have to find where it was said and/or shown. I don't remember every video out on the net, the exact wording, etc. I'm only human, not a database.

As for my username, I had an iPhone 5S. Sue me. I sold it cause I was having too many issues with it.

Is that OK with everyone?

I'd rather have my Z10 anyways. At least the device is rock solid, and delivers on performance....every time.

Different people on here have different opinions, I guess. I for one, am not here to argue, or cause a stir.

I'm just here to say it as it is. Take it or leave it. That's what was said, and the proof is in the pudding. They are plastic, not stainless steel. Like it or lump it.

And yes, my "posts" are not in line with some other mouthy characters on here. And??? Point being??? I'm entitled to talk about anything BlackBerry here, just like the next guy.

Thanks for the hospitality on here. Now I know how ignorant some people can be.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:55 PM
    Wow, lots of sarcasm and ignorant mouthpieces here. I'll leave you guys to create your own stir amongst yourselves. And I will find where it was said about those frets. I know it was said, I just have to find where it was said and/or shown. I don't remember every video out on the net, the exact wording, etc. I'm only human, not a database.

As for my username, I had an iPhone 5S. Sue me. I sold it cause I was having too many issues with it.

I'd rather have my Z10 anyways. At least the device is rock solid, and delivers on performance....every time.

Different people on here have different opinions, I guess. I for one, am not here to argue, or cause a stir.

I'm just here to say it as it is. Take it or leave it. That's what was said, and the proof is in the pudding. They are plastic, not stainless steel. Like it or lump it.

And yes, my "posts" are not in line with some other mouthy characters on here. And??? Point being??? I'm entitled to talk about anything BlackBerry here, just like the next guy.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody cares about the stupid frets but you.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    11-03-14 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude, BlackBerry never does anything wrong. Anything you could see as a fault has an absolutely reasonable justification unless we are talking about another manufacturer.

Now shut up and enjoy your perfect, flawless, magnificent device.
    11-03-14 08:02 PM
    Dude, BlackBerry never does anything wrong. Anything you could see as a fault has an absolutely reasonable justification unless we are talking about another manufacturer.

Preach.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:03 PM

I agree frank I am, it is a perfect, flawless, magnificent device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:05 PM
    Preach.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:05 PM
    Have a nice evening. I'm done talking to ignorant people.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    11-03-14 08:06 PM
    Have a nice evening. I'm done talking to ignorant people.

Posted via CB10
    Look at the frets one more time before you go to bed. So, you can dream about them.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC, bungaboy and jegs2 like this.
    11-03-14 08:10 PM
    I did a search of "BlackBerry Q10 Stainless Steel" already and really didn't see it, that's why I asked. I'm looking for where BlackBerry claimed the frets were stainless steel. Posted all over the Internet by who? BlackBerry?

I'm not trying to give them a pass. Just the opposite. It's bad if they let people falsely believe this without clarifying, but WAY worse if they went around falsely claiming the frets are stainless steel if they are not. I'd really like to see the lie and read it for myself.

Posted via CB10
    Read this Designing the new BlackBerry Q10: An Inside Look | Inside BlackBerry
    They did mention they are made of stainless steel
    11-03-14 08:10 PM
104 1234 ...