Anyone seen word on this, haven't seen any connection points on the Q10 pictures like the 9900 has although there is what could be a connection point on bottom of the device.

hoping for a dock with bedside mode, otherwise I may upgrade to another device and just keep my 9900 for bbm.
    GenTsoChicken likes this.
    02-03-13 04:44 PM
    Sorry to let you down. But if have looked at the countless bb q10 pictures on this Site. You will notice that the jacks for the charging and hdmi cords are on the side of the device. Good luck searching for another phone, not much buttons options on the market. Typically ones offered are low end or not a smart phone at all.. :/

Cheers

Edit: I just wanted to add. If I were you I would wait a few months After the release of the bbq10 if a docking station is going to come out at all it would likely be out by then.
    02-03-13 05:03 PM
    I'm not sure why you would ditch a phone just because it is missing a docking station. A simple solution is to plug in your phone and then lean it up against something on your bedside table (Lamp? Glass of water? Bookcase?). I feel like they would make some sort of dock that goes up the side of the phone and stands it up.
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-03-13 05:41 PM
    Well... This might be a bit too much, but they sure have been thinking "how-to-dock-it":
    http://crackberry.com/rim-patent-sho...ocking-station
    8230 and decoy7 like this.
    02-03-13 05:59 PM
    I just use the plastic case to stand it up and plug in the cable with the clock on. Simple I bought a docking station but couldnt use it after having to put a Seidio belt clasp case on it. The other feature I really like on the Q10 is the micro SD slot for 64GB. A real pocket dynamo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 07:11 PM
    Sorry to let you down. But if have looked at the countless bb q10 pictures on this Site. You will notice that the jacks for the charging and hdmi cords are on the side of the device. Good luck searching for another phone, not much buttons options on the market. Typically ones offered are low end or not a smart phone at all.. :/

Cheers

Edit: I just wanted to add. If I were you I would wait a few months After the release of the bbq10 if a docking station is going to come out at all it would likely be out by then.
    the same jacks the 9900 has? I know about those, have you ever used a blackberry docking station? It connects via different points on the handset, google it if your unsure, thanks for the reply but doesn't answer my query in any way.
    02-03-13 07:55 PM
    I'm not sure why you would ditch a phone just because it is missing a docking station. A simple solution is to plug in your phone and then lean it up against something on your bedside table (Lamp? Glass of water? Bookcase?). I feel like they would make some sort of dock that goes up the side of the phone and stands it up.
    Not ditching a phone, choosing to pass on it...if a device doesn't do what I want it to why would I buy it??? ...surely that would the dumb thing to do, buy a device that doesn't do what I want.
    BigAl_BB9900 and cfoxx like this.
    02-03-13 07:57 PM
    Well... This might be a bit too much, but they sure have been thinking "how-to-dock-it":
    RIM patent shows designs for netbook styled smartphone docking station | CrackBerry.com
    Cheers, interesting!
    02-03-13 07:58 PM
    I just use the plastic case to stand it up and plug in the cable with the clock on. Simple I bought a docking station but couldnt use it after having to put a Seidio belt clasp case on it. The other feature I really like on the Q10 is the micro SD slot for 64GB. A real pocket dynamo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I use a pocket type case so the dock really works for me, fiddling with the micro USB in the dark is not something I plan on doing either, been using docks on the 9000, 9700 and now the 9900...definitely essential for my use, but thanks for the suggestion.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-03-13 08:02 PM
    the same jacks the 9900 has? I know about those, have you ever used a blackberry docking station? It connects via different points on the handset, google it if your unsure, thanks for the reply but doesn't answer my query in any way.
    carguy gave a pretty good answer check it out. Service for my lack of help
    02-03-13 09:32 PM
    carguy gave a pretty good answer check it out. Service for my lack of help
    Guessing you can't see the whole thread while replying, I saw and replied to carguy's reply, good for you maybe, for me still unhelpful, not to mention completely inappropriate keeping a power cable near a glass of water, I'm assuming it was some type of joke suggestion.
    02-04-13 04:22 AM
    For sure there won't be the similar docking station as we know it from 9900, as Q10 is missing the connectors on the bottom.

But perhaps we will experience something totally new ? Maybe there would be a docking station using the micro-USB connector that would allow you to synch the Q10 with your computer (opposite to 9900) ? :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 docking station?-9900-bottom.png   Q10 docking station?-q10-bottom.png  
    bforbaker and decoy7 like this.
    02-04-13 09:16 AM
    Honestly the charging docks were one of my favorite things about having a blackberry. After being an Android user for a few years and possibly returning to the Q10, I Find this quite disappointing.
    jegs2, vpblaze, decoy7 and 5 others like this.
    02-04-13 10:53 PM
    Well they could have a similar docking station as the BB9800, maybe...
    It would be in a landscape position...a little off, I know, but it's just a thought? I definitely hope they make one for the Z10
    02-04-13 11:28 PM
    Q10 docking station?-7947cb05-b295-498f-a761-f6385eefe17a_320_90.jpg Here you go a Custom Dock for your Q10, Go ahead and customize it as per your need.
    02-05-13 12:01 AM
    Crackberry is selling a charger, extra battery package deal. It isn't shipping yet.
    The phone sits sideways on the charger (to access the usb port). And the backup battery fits in a slot in the charger.
    I ordered mine. For years I have kept a spare battery in my wallet.
    Crackberry has a picture.
    02-05-13 12:13 AM
    I'd LOVE a sideways charging dock that connects to the usb port AND the hdmi port - so you could start a TV show playing and then 'dock' it next to your TV for full screen viewing.
    02-05-13 08:40 AM
    I'd LOVE a sideways charging dock that connects to the usb port AND the hdmi port - so you could start a TV show playing and then 'dock' it next to your TV for full screen viewing.
    That would be very cool. I enjoyed BB10 opening on 50in screen with hdmi connection.
    02-05-13 08:46 AM
    That's what I'm guessing they will do; since the screen is square it can sit sideways and still have the same bedside mode experience. But I think its alot easier to just drop the device into a cradle rather than trying to line up ports.
    OR
    I was just watching the latest q10 video with Jeff Gadway; he highlights that the entire frame is solid milled powder coated steel . . So I'm wondering if one can just still drop this into a charging cradle, maybe no steel contacts needed since the whole frame is? Or could there be a cradle where contacts on the back support line up with the BB logo/nfc contacts?
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-05-13 09:15 AM
    This is going to be yet another turn off for the Q10 for some users. Yeah I know we can't have everything that previous models had, but why get rid of some of the key features?

When I get to work I love tossing my 9900 on my dock and having it sit on my desk. It looms clean, professional, and co workers always comment on it. Good or bad.

O well, guess we will see what other devices BB comes out with this year, and if any will have some of the features that the Q10 is missing. I doubt it though....
    jegs2 and decoy7 like this.
    02-06-13 10:01 PM
    The only reason I always get the docking stations are to save the usb ports because they can and do fail which causes havoc all round. I always don't like fumbling in the dark to plug in the cord. You can jack the port that way. I hope there is a docking station coming out for the Q10.
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:50 PM
    The only reason I always get the docking stations are to save the usb ports because they can and do fail which causes havoc all round. I always don't like fumbling in the dark to plug in the cord. You can jack the port that way. I hope there is a docking station coming out for the Q10.
    I'm with you on that, hence this becomes a real deal breaker for me...added to my other couple of gripes I'm not seeing any good reasons to stick with bb, many have jumped ship already and don't miss a thing.
    02-07-13 08:10 PM
    If it had wireless charging this wouldn't be a problem but it doesn't seem too so I don't know what the solution is. There is no way you can put it in a dock sideways without it looking completely stupid like you could with the z10.

This and it missing swipes to close apps is kinda worrying. The first z10 dev alpha had the same problem but this is happening on final hardware.
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-07-13 08:50 PM
    My charging dock has allowed my 9930 to replace our old alarm clock. Would be a real shame if the Q10 can't replicate that.
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-07-13 10:33 PM
    I have already contacted BB HQ to let them know that eliminating charging points for charging cradle was a mistake and asked them to bring them back. Wishful thinking maybe but wanted to give them my feedback.
    decoy7 and Mack Gans like this.
    02-07-13 10:49 PM
51 123