Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

I have had my Q10 for a month or so and set up a device password when I got it and now it won't except the password and I am on attempt 8 of 10. I have made sure that it is the correct password being put in and not double typed or anything but it's still not working. Blackberry help line said to plug it in to my computer and use the Blackberry link in case it was the keyboard playing up (I doubt it is that as the screen is showing the correct password) but when I plug it into the Link it say's I need to enter the password on the device to connect which I obviously can't do as it's not excepting it.

Please please any help would be appreciated as it's driving me mad without a phone.
    01-02-15 09:04 AM
    Because of the security of the device, if you do not know the password, there is no way to bypass it without wiping the device.
    Once you have used up all attempts, the device will perform a security wipe on itself, restoring it to an "out of the box" condition.
    You will loose all data on the device.
    Go ahead and remove the SD card, if present, in case you are forced to wipe.

If both the device and Link say the password you are entering is incorrect, then it's incorrect.
    Either you are mistaken about the correct password or the password has been changed from when you set it.
    Question any/all who had access to the device and think really hard about what password you had entered.

Do you have a device backup from before the password was set?
    If so you can go ahead and wipe the device, then restore from the older backup.
    01-02-15 09:13 AM
    When you set up the password were you on the computer?

Remember : to use the numerical keys you have to press the alt key first.

If you don't protect my Right to Bear Arms, Who will protect your Right to Free Speech!
    01-02-15 09:23 AM
    I'm 100% sure I'm using the correct password, is there anyway of getting the data on the phone recovered before I wipe it as not backed it up over Christmas?
    01-02-15 09:39 AM
    I'm 100% sure I'm using the correct password, is there anyway of getting the data on the phone recovered before I wipe it as not backed it up over Christmas?
    I'm 100% sure you're mistaken (if you have number, try the corresponding character instead), and no, there is no way you can get the data without the password. Sorry pal !
    01-02-15 04:18 PM