First of all, sorry for opening a new thread. I just need to know if anyone have experienced the same thing that I did.

The other day my phone's password immediately changed. How? I don't know. How did I know? Well I tried my 8 month old password and it's not working anymore. I sideloaded an ip webcam app and the thing happened afterwards. I thought that maybe I did something wrong or, worst case, got hacked (though I don't know how, why or if it's even possible through an app like that. sorry I'm quite a troglodyte). Since I have apps which contains bank account details, I decided to consume all the chances of entering the password to do a complete wipe. It's fine though, since I thought that I was at fault. Oh, btw, I was on picture password and it changed to the "enter device password" kind of thing.

Now, after I day of fixing my q10 back to the way it was, the worst thing happened again: It didn't accept my password AGAIN! And now I'm down to my last chance. This is getting annoying. The first time was fine since I thought I was at fault, but the second time? Again, the option for picture password became "off" and changed to the "type-in" your password kind. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Can anyone help me with this? Please don't tell me to give back my phone to the owner. I am the owner, and I do know the password, but my q10 doesn't seem to recognize it anymore.
    09-03-14 09:19 AM
    You get 5 tries for picture password before it defaults to your typed password with another 5 tries. Do you have it in your pocket or something and it's becoming active and moving the screen around or carrying it?
    09-03-14 12:35 PM
    Is it your device password or your BlackBerryID password that is giving the problem?

If it is your device password, remember you need to use the alt key to select numbers on the Q10 keyboard if your password has numbers. There is also a a little eye icon in the password field which will allow you to see what you have typed in.

If it is your BlackBerryID password, perhaps you bought the phone used and changed the email of the BlackBerryID setup on the phone. This does not change the actual BlackBerryID, just the email it uses. If this BlackBerryID was somebody elses, they may be changing the password at their end, which would then force you log into your BlackBerryID on your phone and you would not have the password. If you did this, you need to security wipe the phone and create a new BlackBerryID, using a new email.
    09-03-14 12:45 PM
    You said sideload

Did you use development mode? If you created a development mode password, that is the password you are looking for
    09-03-14 12:49 PM
    You could have double typed by accident and didn't realize it. That happened to me on my 9900 when the keyboard started having issues. Like the other poster said, tap on the eye icon to see what you're really typing. Hopefully that's it and not a hack.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 06:01 PM