Ok so as title says my 10 has died and I'm puzzled as to the cause and for the !st time it seems there's a BB i cant revive. I'll give you a run down of the events leading up to the demise of my beloved and if anyone has seen anything like this or know a way to get it back to life I'm eternally grateful.

1- I updated to 10.2.1.2228 on Saturday all seemed well

2-Yesterday about midday I notice the 1st issue. with the exception of the phone app no other app would launch. They all seemed to attempt to launch but crashed immediately. But I was still able to send and receive calls and since I was at work i just overlooked it till i got home.

3- Last night when i got home i wiped and reloaded 10.2.1.2228 and everything seemed fine until after i got through the initial setup. The device froze and i did a battery pull. At 1st i got a repeating red led flashing with out the device booting up. so i took the battery for about 15mins, now this time I am getting nothing, no flashing led, no sound when i connect it to the pc. nothing.

* I left it on the charger last night and still nothing this morning.

Any ideas?
    03-18-14 07:00 AM
    Try the other battery...
    03-18-14 08:13 AM
    Reflash

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    03-18-14 09:15 AM
    I had a similar issue, but it had nothing to do with upgrading the OS. It just quit working, flat out, dead as a door nail. I wish you luck in reviving it.
    03-18-14 11:33 AM
    I had a similar issue, but it had nothing to do with upgrading the OS. It just quit working, flat out, dead as a door nail. I wish you luck in reviving it.
    did you get yours to work? or u go a replacement?
    03-18-14 06:06 PM
    It had to be replaced. I tried everything and nothing worked.
    03-18-14 11:55 PM
    Can you plug it in to your PC and try to reload the software once again from Link? The blinking red with nothing else usually means the device is soft bricked and reloading the software usually fixes this. Just an idea you could try.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 01:33 AM
    Can you plug it in to your PC and try to reload the software once again from Link? The blinking red with nothing else usually means the device is soft bricked and reloading the software usually fixes this. Just an idea you could try.

Posted via CB10
    tried that, but nothing. it keeps asking to "restart the device. but it cant start up or anything.
    03-19-14 08:12 PM
    You're coming from what previous OS version?

While your device is off, connect it to your computer and open link. There's a setting there to restore to factory settings. Restore it. It will take some time. If it becomes successful then load the update either OTA or sachesi. I suggest you load the 2102 instead for the mean time.

Hope this helps.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 08:24 PM
    You're coming from what previous OS version?

While your device is off, connect it to your computer and open link. There's a setting there to restore to factory settings. Restore it. It will take some time. If it becomes successful then load the update either OTA or sachesi. I suggest you load the 2102 instead for the mean time.

Hope this helps.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141
    Agree with this.

You should not have done a battery pull after your night update. But you should be able to get it back working by restoring to factory settings then updating OTA to latest software.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-19-14 10:52 PM
    Hi my BB Q10 has been dead & not getting start at all!
    02-14-15 05:47 AM
    No one likes answering this kind of question. We need to reconstruct the whole case.
    What have you tried?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-14-15 06:41 AM
    For what it is worth, my last Q10 did the same thing. After much work, fixes, etc., sent it in for repair and it turned out to be a defective on/off switch that shorted the phone. Can't remember if the MB was fried as well, but the cause was the on/off switch.

You may want to take it in for a professional inspection.

A Q arrived by FedEx and of course, it has its own set of "challenges" . . . . I am of the mind to name this model the the Black Lemon Q10. Have yet to have one with NO issues. Although, oddly enough, the current issues are NOT double typing.
    02-16-15 07:58 AM