I've had a hard time using the right terminology to find answers to this question so here goes again with a broader topic title.
    It used to be (on pre OS10x) that I could set a custom notification for a particular contact that would audibly sound even if all notifications were turned off. Have we lost this feature on the Q10? Is there a way? (it basically over-road the volume setting on the phone)
    For example. At night I want to shut it down, but there are a few numbers I'm willing to take an emergency call from. I can't find a way to do this without also listening to every blip and bleep from texts and emails, and yes telemarketers, waking me up as well.
    01-01-15 02:52 PM
    go to settings/notifications/profiles and choose phone calls only for nighttime. Everything else is silenced except for phone calls.

Set your other notifications there according to the profile you want. If you want your phone in a Vibrate profile but you want someone's call to come through or a sound to play, set things there.
    01-01-15 09:41 PM
    Right, but that's ALL phone calls that can get through - I'd never get any sleep. I'd like to have emails or calls from specific people make it through even if I have all others silenced. This used to be easy pre 10.x. And I'm ok just hitting either the top power button or using the sleep mode drawdown "shade" if that helps figure out a way to do it, or even letting the phone put itself in idle mode.
    I can't believe on a business phone they have gotten rid of this feature. While I'm a firm believer in turning a phone off and putting it away, there are times when I need those few calls or emails to get through.
    01-01-15 10:11 PM
    On 10.3.1.1154 you can now do what you want. Otherwise, BeBuzz will do what you want.

If you don't protect my Right to Bear Arms, Who will protect your Right to Free Speech!
    01-02-15 09:26 AM
    Can you put 10.3 on the q10? Mine wont upgrade that far. Is that a provider thing, or just a hardware limitation?
    01-02-15 12:53 PM