All. I want to be a BlackBerry fan boy, I really do. There's a lot of things that I love about the phone and BlackBerry 10 in general. But there's a few deal breakers, mainly that BlackBerry 10 is either unfinished (I cannot make attachments to the calendar) or the Q10 was just the Z10 with a smaller screen without any updates to the UI. The hub is huge, email is huge, tasks are huge and just about every other built-in app. Oh, no copy and paste keyboard shortcut, what a waste.

It's a shame that BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode, it's truly an unfinished product in need of further development.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-13-16 05:00 PM
    So where do we go next? Windows, iOS, or Android?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:58 PM
    That is the question for sure. I have another q10 and was looking at grabbing a classic I found used. I like bb10 and really not a fan of android. So put up with lack of support or apps as I can most stuff I need to and have puter for the rest. Hate that the excel app is so sketchy. I personally was thinking maybe entertain win 10 but until bb10 get ditched officially I will hang on.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2 beta
    01-13-16 08:59 PM
    I had given my wife my Q10 so she can use it for work. I had not used it for a while, a few days ago I picked it up and immediately I felt that I was holding something of quality. The Q10 felt really good in my hand, perfect overall size, great quality of materials, what a gorgeous keyboard. I also agree that a few additional updates and fixes for the BB10 (as above, the copy/paste shortcut would be very useful) would improve the overall BB experience.
    01-13-16 10:52 PM
    Has anyone experimented with a Windows phone? You would think that the functionality of Excel and Word on a Windows mobile device would be better than on a non-Windows phone, but I hear otherwise. That surprises me. I also wonder if Android apps run well enough on a Windows phone. They run well enough on my Q10, but barely so.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 04:53 AM
    Android apps won't run at all on Windows Phone. I played around with an 8x (HTC) and the OS was missing some very basic features. Windows Phone 10 apparently has fixed a lot of the issues, but I'd miss native cloud support as part of the file system, remote file access, and a lot of the little things that make BlackBerry hard to give up.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 06:37 AM
    People spent time writing programs to allow BB10 devices access to Android apps. There's that Cobalt thing that lets us have the Google Play Store (where you can get a decent D2G version after paying for the "key"), and Android Runtime programs that let us use Android apps, however clunky they run. No analog available in Windows Mobile?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 06:55 AM
    This post is rubbish. You found a few things that could be better, so it's unfinished ? If the Q10 wasn't great, it's not because of the phone but because The company wasn't great. Seriously I can't stand people just bashing out and saying the whole thing is terrible when there are just a few things that could be better.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 10:46 AM
    All. I want to be a BlackBerry fan boy, I really do. There's a lot of things that I love about the phone and BlackBerry 10 in general. But there's a few deal breakers, mainly that BlackBerry 10 is either unfinished (I cannot make attachments to the calendar)
    Deal breaker ? Did I read that correctly ? I don't even know what to say. Do you spend your whole life creating calendar events with attachments ?

or the Q10 was just the Z10 with a smaller screen without any updates to the UI.
    And a keyboard ? Again words fail me. How do iPhones change from one version to the next ? What kind of UI updates would you want ?

Oh, no copy and paste keyboard shortcut, what a waste.
    So because BlackBerry 10 doesn't, you're moving to another platform...which doesn't have it either ??

It's a shame that BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode, it's truly an unfinished product in need of further development.
    You don't know that. It's not because you like prophesying the end of the whole platform that such is the case.

I see the OP as someone who has been spoilt absolutely rotten by BB10 and can't think of anything to be changed but trivial details. Go OP, move to iOS. And enjoy a platform with the same problems, and a whole lot more big ones. (you can't even view your downloads in safari. )

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ChrisLeNeve; 01-14-16 at 01:03 PM.
    bbnrs and FCSC like this.
    01-14-16 10:56 AM
    I'm not bashing it (I even said I tried to like it) and it is unfinished. All of my points are completely valid so get back under your bridge troll.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 11:00 AM
    I'm not bashing it (I even said I tried to like it) and it is unfinished. All of my points are completely valid so get back under your bridge troll.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, calling me a troll isn't going to fool anyone. All of my points are valid - come to think of it, they are so much more valid than yours, and by so many miles (the proof of which lies in the fact that you couldn't even justify your points, and your only defence was in calling me a troll) that it makes me think that you are the one who is trolling... Either that or a hardcore BlackBerry hater who is trying to get other people to hate on the platform.

Posted via CB10
    odhiesuxx and FCSC like this.
    01-14-16 01:03 PM
    You should try the Lumia first and realize how good BlackBerry OS10.

Posted from kyuten
    01-15-16 08:10 AM
    Sounds like you have the wrong phone. Try PRIV.
    01-15-16 12:05 PM
    Change title to "Q10 could've been great, but became awesome instead'

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    bbnrs likes this.
    01-15-16 12:59 PM
    Personally I believe the Q10 is well on the way to being a "Classic"
    No pun intended.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    01-17-16 09:22 AM
    Personally I believe the Q10 is well on the way to being a "Classic"
    No pun intended.

Posted via CB10
    It think you are more correct than you know. Years from now, when there exists case studies for BB, as either a new software company for MDM or as a failed company, the Q10 will likely feature heavily as the "should've, could've would've" option . .. . .
    hlg8888 and bbnrs like this.
    01-19-16 12:28 AM
    I have no complaints of the Q10. Works perfect for me.

Posted via Q10
    01-19-16 02:10 AM
    I love this phone but won't use it. The Dealbreakers for me are:

1. The screen dimming which can't be turned off. UGH!
    2. The way 10.3 made the icons tiny.

It's too bad too because both those items are not good for old eyes like mine. Other than those the phone is awesome. Too bad they won't fix those simple items. Can't believe you can't make this screen brighter. So lame.
    01-26-16 09:34 AM

It's too bad too because both those items are not good for old eyes like mine. Other than those the phone is awesome. Too bad they won't fix those simple items. Can't believe you can't make this screen brighter. So lame.
    If you are speaking about the screen timing out, that can be extended by going to Settings/Display/Screen Timeout and extending that amount up to five (5) minutes. The brightness adjustment is directly above that option, if that is your issue.

I know what you mean about the smaller sized Icons, I was very much against the downsizing and yet over time (and using my reading glasses more and more to see the screen) I have gotten over that issue.

I hope this helps.

Posted using an almost fully functioning Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-26-16 10:01 AM

Don't know what you mean by screen dimming at all. You mean outdoors? Or battery saving mode ?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 11:58 AM
    I don't believe that the Q10 had been given proper support post 10.2.1 update. I come to this conclusion due to how update 10.3.1 broke my radio and was patched in the 10.3.2. My WiFi radio works well now, however, they're not the same as they were in10.2.1.

I've read that the hardware drivers are on the expensive side.

I plan to switch to the Passport SE as it's the only hardware upgrade to the Q10, whilst keeping BB10. There seems to be a few people on here that have also switched from the Q10 to Passport that state the Passport as being "The full BB10 experience" maybe because of the PP's hardware, and/or that the passport came with 10.30 so the 10.3+ updates would be fully optimised for the passport.

There's are just my own personal assertions, not to be seen as fact.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-26-16 01:14 PM
    Deal breaker ? Did I read that correctly ? I don't even know what to say. Do you spend your whole life creating calendar events with attachments ?

And a keyboard ? Again words fail me. How do iPhones change from one version to the next ? What kind of UI updates would you want ?

So because BlackBerry 10 doesn't, you're moving to another platform...which doesn't have it either ??

You don't know that. It's not because you like prophesying the end of the whole platform that such is the case.

I see the OP as someone who has been spoilt absolutely rotten by BB10 and can't think of anything to be changed but trivial details. Go OP, move to iOS. And enjoy a platform with the same problems, and a whole lot more big ones. (you can't even view your downloads in safari. )

Posted via CB10
    LOL, someone is hurt. It's a phone. Chill out.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 01:16 PM