Hi guys.

I am having a problem with syncing contacts from my device to my Gmail.

I entered the Gmail account details, and it picks up my calendar and syncs perfectly. It also pulled all my contacts from the Gmail server onto my phone. Perfect.

The problem is... when I add a new contact, it doesn't get synced to the Gmail server. If I log into Gmail from my computer, the new contact is not present. Even 24 hours later.

The main reason I need this to work is... Using Gmail AND BlackBerry Protect when I upgraded from a 9900 to a Q10, I have ended up with TRIPLICATE contacts!! Now, when people phone me, I can't see who is calling me because the phone has 3 names for the same number and thus won't display it.
    I want to
    1. upload ALL the contact on my phone (including recent additions) to Gmail
    2. then delete ALL the contacts on the phone.
    3. Then delete the Gmail account off my phone.
    4. Log in to Gmail and "merge contacts"
    5. Then reload Gmail to my phone and pull all the new contacts from the server as single, merged contacts.

But, as I said, I cannot seem to upload contacts to the Gmail server.

BlackBerry Link is not much help at all.

Please could anyone give me any advice?? Or any software that could solve my problem!

I'd SUPER appreciate it. THANKS!
    08-28-13 04:55 AM
    I had the same problem until I upgraded to the newest OS release (the one called MR). Since then syncing contacts up to Google worked very well.
    Now I am on the 10.2 leak 1045. Sync also works well, but from time to time, the Cardav account loses connection. I only found that because I got desperate over a contact that I entered never syncing up, and I looked at basically everything. The comment under the name of the Cardav account will say something like "not connected". I then changed something in the account and changed it back, so it got saved newly, and then it worked again.

These were the only 2 issues that I had with syncing contacts back to Google.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:18 AM
    Have you checked Sync Interval in the account setting? Make sure it is not Manual.

You can turn off the accounts you don't want to sync with in the setting of Contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:48 AM
    Have you checked Sync Interval in the account setting? Make sure it is not Manual.

You can turn off the accounts you don't want to sync with in the setting of Contacts.

Posted via CB10
    I had it checked at 5 mins and manual. And like I say, after a few hours checked on 5 mins, nothing. And a few hours after manual, nothing.

I can't seem to find much in the setting of Contacts. All I have is a list of accounts that are displayed. Not synced. Very frustrating.

Maybe I should try updating the software?
    08-28-13 06:22 AM
    I have updated my software. I've reset my Gmail account on the phone etc, 25 mins have passed and still no new entries showing in my Gmail.

Is there not an App I can use to export contacts?
    08-28-13 08:05 AM
    I have updated my software. I've reset my Gmail account on the phone etc, 25 mins have passed and still no new entries showing in my Gmail.

Is there not an App I can use to export contacts?
    Check the new entry you added on your phone. Open it and check the Links (the icon like a chain or in More button (...). Is it linked with your Gmail account.

When I add a new contact on my phone it will automatically be linked to My Gmail account and the Local.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:43 AM
    Hi all,
    I got the same issue. The gmail contact was added and worked very well at first. But after the first sync, it would never sync any more, all the Setting are as default. Interval 30 mins but after a day I checked it, it hadn't changed/updated anything from Gmail Contact. I have already swipe out all data from BB Q10, then add again with the fresh updated OS10, but it still doesn't work now.
    Do you have any solution for this?
    06-17-14 12:10 AM
    I don't know that issue but I use Q10 and sync with GMail normaly.
    06-17-14 09:25 PM