Hi Folks:

Newbie to the Q10 (about 4 months) coming over from BB 9650.

Love the Q10 but am now experiencing the keyboard issue which I will try to resolve via keyboard switch.

The other issue that has me flummoxed is the Contacts app. For some reason, when I tap the Contacts icon, I get the Contacts screen and the refresh icon that goes on forever.

Q10 Contacts issue-bb-q10-contacts-issue.jpg

I searched the forum and did not find another user with a similar situation.

What could be the cause? Q10 is running 10.2.2976 which IIRC was a push upgrade recently.

This happens every "new" day.

The only way to clear this is by a hard close of the app. I have also tried the reset by taking battery out and restarting with no luck. Once you clear it, it won't reappear for the remainder of the day until the next day.

There used to be a scheduled task about syncing contacts but I deleted this but the issue continues.

I also have Backup Assistant Plus - Contacts that has a scheduled overnight sync. However, I believe this only syncs if the contacts have changed so I don't think this is causing it.

Any thoughts?
    08-07-14 11:20 AM
    Hi Folks:

Newbie to the Q10 (about 4 months) coming over from BB 9650.

Love the Q10 but am now experiencing the keyboard issue which I will try to resolve via keyboard switch.

The other issue that has me flummoxed is the Contacts app. For some reason, when I tap the Contacts icon, I get the Contacts screen and the refresh icon that goes on forever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB  Q10 Contacts issue.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	289479

I searched the forum and did not find another user with a similar situation.

What could be the cause? Q10 is running 10.2.2976 which IIRC was a push upgrade recently.

This happens every "new" day.

The only way to clear this is by a hard close of the app. I have also tried the reset by taking battery out and restarting with no luck. Once you clear it, it won't reappear for the remainder of the day until the next day.

There used to be a scheduled task about syncing contacts but I deleted this but the issue continues.

I also have Backup Assistant Plus - Contacts that has a scheduled overnight sync. However, I believe this only syncs if the contacts have changed so I don't think this is causing it.

Any thoughts?
    I wonder if the app is "tied up" or busy when the backup is scheduled. If might be denying access to the data if the file is somehow still busy being copied by a 3rd party app. Even if it is not being actively backuped up, it might be busy being queried about if there were any changes.

Not my most concise answer!!!! In other words I suspect that a background process is involved in the stall. Turning off or pulling the battery probably halts that background process. Turn off or UNinstall the process(es) as a temporary test.
    08-07-14 01:10 PM