The removable battery is almost a deal-breaker for me although I could just carry my Q10 as a backup. It does in fact weigh only a few ounces lol. Yeah, think I just made up my mind. Go for the classic, then use Q10 as a backup. As a legacy device veteran I would love the tool belt back lol.
    Posted via Q10RR
    I had the spare battery pack for the Z10 and used it all the time. Since switching to the Q10, I have never needed the spare battery. The Classic will be even better on Battery (my guess) so removable battery no longer matters to me.
    08-31-14 09:46 AM
    In three years, we Q10 owners will be like the 9900 owners today, too stubborn to change to any newer BlackBerry, and the Q10 will be remembered as one of the great BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-31-14 11:51 AM
    In three years, we Q10 owners will be like the 9900 owners today, too stubborn to change to any newer BlackBerry, and the Q10 will be remembered as one of the great BlackBerry phones.

Me thinks I'll be in this group as well. The Q10 is the quintessential BlackBerry for me at this point. I'm not really missing the track pad on the first BlackBerry I had, the 9900. That one had poor battery life - just a little over half a day on heavy use. Carrying a spare meant lasting a day. With the Q10, I can last two full days on heavy use. With a spare, I can last four days.

So that means I'll be likely staying with my two month old Q10 until it dies. If the Passport falls to below $300 around this time next year - non-replaceable battery notwithstanding - I'll probably get that and still keep the Q10 as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and Rene_Q10 like this.
    08-31-14 12:11 PM

Not sure about that as the classic is a q10 with added functionality and bigger screen.. I don't see why anyone would prefer a q10 or consider it fondly.
    08-31-14 12:17 PM
    I'll have to see how the classic will feel in hand and echo what others have said - how the tool belt meshes with the OS.

My concern is that it'll be a bit too big (it looks like it's close to the Z30) and feel kinda cheap.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-31-14 12:19 PM
    The Q10 is so much better:
    The glasswave back, compared to the Z10like on the Classic...the black bezel(yes I have a silver bezel on one Q10 and the black and now I like the black one better) the REMOVABLE BATTERY, the silver line on the back...
    For me the Q10 looks like a new age QWERTY power phone, the classic too classic/oldschool.

Posted via Q10Bold
    bbnrs and Rene_Q10 like this.
    08-31-14 01:41 PM
    Good question. On my Q10, selecting text was a bit of a hassle on 10.2.1 but now that's gone with 10.3. That was what made me want a trackpad. Now that's not so important. I do miss the Call and End keys though. Guess I'll be keeping the Q for a while though

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    quorky and alpha beta gaga like this.
    08-31-14 02:03 PM
    What do you do when you're in the middle of nowhere and your phone dies? You can't throw in a spare battery. It's happened to me before. Never want to experience that again.

Posted via Q10RR
    It hasnt happened to me yet. So dont know

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:05 PM
    How many of you, who don't want the passport, are going Classic. How many of you are sticking with the Q10. I'm really curious to see what the majority of Q10 users are looking to do.

Posted via Q10RR
    It will depend on spec differences and cost. I miss my 9780 belt, but I'm not ready to pay a lot to get it back.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:46 PM
    I liked the larger 3.5" screen (vs 3.1" Q10) for the Classic -- until I realized it had a non-removable battery. But if the Passport fits nicely in my pockets, or seems smaller than it appears, I'll surely go with the super 4.5" Passport screen, despite having a non removable battery. (I seldom use the spare battery, unless forget & lacked time to charge)
    09-01-14 12:25 AM
    Classic. the trackpad will make it so much better.
    09-01-14 03:42 PM
    I think the big issue for me is how well 10.3 works, I like the idea of having more access to apps but I would like them to work better than they do now. I really haven't seen any good videos with a Q10 running 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-01-14 04:51 PM
    I'm going to wait for the Classic to have a price drop. So maybe next spring. I already have an unlocked Q10 and two Z10s (one unlocked, one carrier).

But if the reviews that come out this Fall on the Classic are good, well....
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-01-14 05:39 PM

Really now?? The Q 10 will be forever linked with the double typing problem that Blackberry ignored and never addressed.

Blackberry always.....
    09-02-14 02:30 AM
    Looking forward to the Passport as I don't see any compelling feature on the Classic. But the deal-breaker for me is the non-replaceable battery on the Passport, and even the Classic. I hope that when my Q10 conks out, hopefully after many, many years, there will be another excellent PKB model with replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:07 AM
    I like a device with:
    -trackpad
    -removable battery
    -bigger screen
    -better specs

I feel dissapointed because, til now, neither classic nor passport has all those things...
    09-02-14 12:21 PM
    Really now?? The Q 10 will be forever linked with the double typing problem that Blackberry ignored and never addressed.
    I agree with that!!!
    Double typing problem is a mechanical issue of the keyboard but with a simple software improvement can be easily addressed.
    09-02-14 01:16 PM
    I agree with that!!!
    Double typing problem is a mechanical issue of the keyboard but with a simple software improvement can be easily addressed.
    Do we know for a fact that it's a software problem and not a hardware problem?

Posted via Q10RR
    09-02-14 04:17 PM
    Do we know for a fact that it's a software problem and not a hardware problem?

Posted via Q10RR
    No, it is a hardware problem. (High sensitivity of the keyboard/some keys after a while).
    But a software fix can be made. That's what he meant.
    For example, a developer can write a code for the OS: a procedure, to block the typing of a second/the same letter in a fraction of a second.
    Say:
    IF letter [e] is typed -> show "e"
    THEN IF letter [e] is typed again AND time between both is less than a half second, don't show it...
    This is similar to "long press a letter"...
    "If a letter is long pressed, make it capital!"
    It is programmable!!!
    Why this has not been done is the big question!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-02-14 04:23 PM
    No, it is a hardware problem. (High sensitivity of the keyboard/some keys after a while).
    But a software fix can be made. That's what he meant.
    For example, a developer can write a code for the OS: a procedure, to block the typing of a second/the same letter in a fraction of a second.
    Say:
    IF letter [e] is typed -> show "e"
    THEN IF letter [e] is typed again AND time between both is less than a half second, don't show it...
    This is similar to "long press a letter"...
    "If a letter is long pressed, make it capital!"
    It is programmable!!!
    Why this has not been done is the big question!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    I see why it hasn't been fixed. Spelling a word with the same letter appearing after itself like "letter, free, good, mood, tree" I can write the entire word "tree" in less than a second so I see why a software fix can't be made in that respect.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-02-14 08:32 PM
    I'm sticking with the Q10 and waiting for a 3"x2.2" (4:3) screen. Don't need a trackpad or other buttons.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:45 PM
    I'm sticking with the Q10 and waiting for a 3"x2.2" (4:3) screen. Don't need a trackpad or other buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, have you used a bbos7 device that had the belt?
    09-03-14 04:02 PM
    Honestly, have you used a bbos7 device that had the belt?
    I don't think he did. I miss the belt alot.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-03-14 07:18 PM
    I want to get the classic, but a non removable battery kills it for me. I want to be able to replace my battery with a fully charged one. I believe the khan may have removable battery and tool belt, but who knows.

Oh btw my new Q was manufactured 23 June 2014, so it's not by all means old!

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-03-14 07:20 PM
    I want to get the classic, but a non removable battery kills it for me. I want to be able to replace my battery with a fully charged one. I believe the khan may have removable battery and tool belt, but who knows.

Oh btw my new Q was manufactured 23 June 2014, so it's not by all means old!

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    Removable battery, yes. Tool belt, no.

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    09-03-14 09:18 PM
111 1234 ...