08-21-14 03:49 PM
44 12
tools
    BlackBerry 10 on the classic will work exactly like BlackBerry 10 on all the other BlackBerry 10 devices, the only difference is you'll also have the tool belt buttons. So, yes, the swiping will be exactly the same as it is now.

Posted via CB10
    I have a hard time wrapping my head around this. What do the back and menu buttons do? There is no back per-se in BB10, there is a menu gesture, but I don?t see how a dedicated menu button is useful. Maybe you work for BlackBerry and have a better idea of how to toolbar fits into the gesture based UI.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:45 PM
    Passport looks like the future, Classic looks like the past...hell I wanna live in the present. Q10 looks very much now!
    BlackBerry Q10 = TRUE LOVE !!

Posted via CB10
    THIS!

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-18-14 02:49 PM
    I gotta say, the Q10 is just about perfect for me in every way and I don't much miss the trackpad, the edit wheel is just fine. If the Classic comes with the gesture enabled keyboard like the Passport has (doubtful), I would consider it. But I am thinking the classic is going to be larger than the Q and if I go larger, I may as well go all the way to Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:51 PM
    Yes, time will tell on what Blackberry brings out at in the future. However, I am convinced that I shall remain hooked on this Q10 that I have. It is a great phone. It is not bulky, nor does it weigh much either. Unable to use the Bold with the new operating system so the Q is where it is for me anyway.
    08-18-14 03:03 PM
    I'm one of the freaks that didn't miss the tool belt when I went to the Q10. That's probably because I went from the BlackBerry 9930 to an iPhone first, then came back to the Q10. All the BlackBerry users I know, however, howled about the missing buttons from their BB7 devices. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Passport, but I'll give the Classic a long hard look too.
    08-18-14 03:18 PM
    I wonder how heavy the Classic will be. I think the Q10 is a heavy phone, I would prefer a little less weight.

Posted via CB10
    Are you being sarcastic? Cause I can't take this statement seriously. I would understand if the phone were close to a pound, but smartphones are nearly weightless, I can't understand how the Q10 is a heavy phone.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 04:54 PM
    If one is considering the Classic from a Q10, ask yourself this: are you willing to spend money on four buttons and a track pad? Since the rest is approximately the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:02 PM
    If one is considering the Classic from a Q10, ask yourself this: are you willing to spend money on four buttons and a track pad? Since the rest is approximately the same.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry sir, but the screen is bigger and yes, I'm willing to spend money for four buttons,and a trackpad, that offer more reliability in the call and end buttons. They are an important tool for many people. And lastly, further down the road we're going to reach a point where the Classic is going to continue to receive software updates that the Q10 can't handle, which will then sit by the way side forever, so yes. It's more than worth it.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 05:59 PM
    ...are you willing to spend money on four buttons and a track pad?
    One word, YES.

Track pad return seals the deal for me. Editing on these touch screens is a huge pita... more so when near edge or corner.

CDN
    08-18-14 06:04 PM
    One word, YES.

Track pad return seals the deal for me. Editing on these touch screens is a huge pita... more so when near edge or corner.

CDN
    I can't wait to use the alt button and the trackpad to make a selection ahhhhhh

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 06:11 PM
    Are you being sarcastic? Cause I can't take this statement seriously. I would understand if the phone were close to a pound, but smartphones are nearly weightless, I can't understand how the Q10 is a heavy phone.

Posted via Q10RR
    His is probably not pumping iron and drinking protein shakes all day long as you do... an look, you still need to hands to hold your phone.
    08-19-14 03:35 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    No I'm serious. I don't mean that it's too heavy to hold but I do think the phone is too heavy to carry in shorts or a shirt pocket. Just as I find the iPhone 4s quite heavy, it's the same as my Q10.

Smartphones become heavier and heavier, the HTC m8 even weights 163 grams.
    I think designers don't focus on the phone function that much anymore, I think a phone with a 5" or bigger screen is ridicilous.

The iPhone 5s is the is comfortable to carry as it only weigths 112 gram.

I'm curious about the new BlackBerry Classic but if it's a lot heavier than my Q10 I'm not interested anymore..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarteeNL; 08-19-14 at 05:02 AM.
    08-19-14 04:47 AM
    His is probably not pumping iron and drinking protein shakes all day long as you do... an look, you still need to hands to hold your phone.
    Omg you're right...I AM holding it with two hands. and it's the 9900 in that picture! Even lighter than the Q10! I'm a fraud

Posted via Q10RR
    08-19-14 05:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    +100000

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-19-14 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, absolutely! Being a new device with a new look (silver band around it, etc.) would be enough for me to consider buying it. The extra buttons and the bigger screen would be a bonus!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 11:52 AM
    I gotta say, the Q10 is just about perfect for me in every way and I don't much miss the trackpad, the edit wheel is just fine. If the Classic comes with the gesture enabled keyboard like the Passport has (doubtful), I would consider it. But I am thinking the classic is going to be larger than the Q and if I go larger, I may as well go all the way to Passport.

Posted via CB10
    My sentiments exactly. I came from a 9900 last year and got a new Q10 last month for a secondary sim. It took me just a few minutes to get the hang of the new os and the fact that there was no trackpad. The edit wheel was just fine for me as well. The next logical step for me around this time next year would be to move up to the Passport, not really the Classic as that would not really be much of an upgrade for me coming from a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 01:24 PM
    I'm sooo waiting for this phone - I need that dang trackpad for pinpoint copy paste, moving cursor and the end call button.
    phuoc and Anatomy like this.
    08-21-14 01:46 PM
    I love my Q10, but I miss the tool belt. Also, my middle aged eyesight wouldn't mind a larger display, lol. So yes, I will gladly pay for that. Especially since my Q10 was free with a 2 year contract.
    08-21-14 02:10 PM
    I love my Q10, but I miss the tool belt. Also, my middle aged eyesight wouldn't mind a larger display, lol. So yes, I will gladly pay for that. Especially since my Q10 was free with a 2 year contract.
    Mine was too which is why I didn't totally mind doing it. I just don't like being on contract and prefer to pay for my phone outright but I was short on cash lol.

Death to the squircle!!
    08-21-14 03:49 PM
44 12