It is 10.3.2.2474.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 11:26 PM
    It is 10.3.2.2474.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm.... let me see if I can downgrade and hope my DT crap withers away...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 11:51 PM
    Anyday. The Q over the classic, removable battery and small compact size..

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:36 AM
    Q10 due to its size and removable battery.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    03-10-16 12:02 PM
    Tried a Classic for a few days but I found the toolbelt to be a little annoying.

Q10 is the way to go in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 03:11 PM
    I'm on the fence myself about whether or not to switch from my Q10 to the Classic. I rarely need it but I DO like the ability of swapping the battery and the larger but not easily replaced battery in the Classic concerns me! Before I got my BlackBerry Q10 I discovered the speed and conveniently short down time I got from swapping batteries in my Palm Treo Pro. I also kept it long enough to discover that batteries will start to fail, so instead of being able to buy an OE BlackBerry battery on Amazon for $6 to $10 as I also needed to do once already I would have to pay a much larger amount to have a new one installed. While I'm reasonably capable of doing simple laptop or desktop repairs I heard that disassembly for the Classic was rather difficult and the parts inside are small and delicate (and I don't have precision tools other than a few tiny screwdrivers).

The main reasons why I was interested in the Classic are simple. I really miss having a "hard" button to start or end calls and due to having both large hands and "zombie fingers" (consumer reports has a good explanation if you don't know about it) I would benefit from the trackpad making it much easier to select small spots on the screen without having to expand every time! If BlackBerry had put any better hardware into the Classic it'd be a no brainer decision but the internals are identical other than the Paratek antenna IS supposed to help in weaker signal areas. The slightly larger screen loses a bit of dpi but is supposed to be better at color so that's a tie there. Again, if the Classic screen was significantly bigger than Q10 I also would like it for that but 0.4" isn't exactly game changing by itself.

The cost of the Classic is also hard to justify when my Q10 still works just fine... so I am looking for opinions from anyone who has tried both that might help me decide. Since I use my Q10 a lot one handed I wasn't interested in the Passport despite the better specs and I have zero interest in the priv. I don't want a slider and I care enough about security and privacy to want to STAY in the BB10 OS that lets ME decide what permission is given to apps not sell my privacy just because the app writer wants blanket permission. I also have a BIG issue with apps always wanting access to contacts! No one in my contacts gave me permission to sell their private info. Yes, most cell users are (IMHO) morons who never think before checking "yes" but if enough people wise up, maybe that'd change? I'll get off my soap box now, just wanted to be clear about not wanting to change to a different OS, just trying to get the best option for my needs since it looks like BlackBerry isn't going to make the Classic I wished for. So do I just buy a spare Q10 for when this eventually breaks or try the more expensive Classic? I really appreciate the help in deciding, as users on this site actually tend to think instead of just following the herd!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    03-12-16 07:16 AM
    @scubafan: put on a paper list of what is important for you, prioritising from top to bottom, it will make it easier to make a decision. For me no. 1 was size then three empty spaces and then battery life and a fact that I cannot stand the idea of a sealed battery. Q10 has supposedly weaker antenna but I do not need it. So, peace of paper for a peace of mind.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876 White
    03-12-16 08:31 AM
    Own Q10, Classic and OG Passport. I write a few hrs a day and do most of my web browsing on these blackberries.

The most functional = Classic. The toolbelt for editing text, clicking links on web pages. Most function which I can take anywhere.

Q10 is the superior build, design and one handed device. Editing text is inferior to the Classic.

 Classic via CB
    This is a very useful comparison, and confirms my suspicions. I love my Q10 a whole lot, but editing text can be challenging due to cursor placement and text selection challenges. But Classic is heavy and slightly too big.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 10:16 AM
    I'm on the fence myself about whether or not to switch from my Q10 to the Classic. I rarely need it but I DO like the ability of swapping the battery and the larger but not easily replaced battery in the Classic concerns me! Before I got my BlackBerry Q10 I discovered the speed and conveniently short down time I got from swapping batteries in my Palm Treo Pro. I also kept it long enough to discover that batteries will start to fail, so instead of being able to buy an OE BlackBerry battery on Amazon for $6 to $10 as I also needed to do once already I would have to pay a much larger amount to have a new one installed. While I'm reasonably capable of doing simple laptop or desktop repairs I heard that disassembly for the Classic was rather difficult and the parts inside are small and delicate (and I don't have precision tools other than a few tiny screwdrivers).

The main reasons why I was interested in the Classic are simple. I really miss having a "hard" button to start or end calls and due to having both large hands and "zombie fingers" (consumer reports has a good explanation if you don't know about it) I would benefit from the trackpad making it much easier to select small spots on the screen without having to expand every time! If BlackBerry had put any better hardware into the Classic it'd be a no brainer decision but the internals are identical other than the Paratek antenna IS supposed to help in weaker signal areas. The slightly larger screen loses a bit of dpi but is supposed to be better at color so that's a tie there. Again, if the Classic screen was significantly bigger than Q10 I also would like it for that but 0.4" isn't exactly game changing by itself.

The cost of the Classic is also hard to justify when my Q10 still works just fine... so I am looking for opinions from anyone who has tried both that might help me decide. Since I use my Q10 a lot one handed I wasn't interested in the Passport despite the better specs and I have zero interest in the priv. I don't want a slider and I care enough about security and privacy to want to STAY in the BB10 OS that lets ME decide what permission is given to apps not sell my privacy just because the app writer wants blanket permission. I also have a BIG issue with apps always wanting access to contacts! No one in my contacts gave me permission to sell their private info. Yes, most cell users are (IMHO) morons who never think before checking "yes" but if enough people wise up, maybe that'd change? I'll get off my soap box now, just wanted to be clear about not wanting to change to a different OS, just trying to get the best option for my needs since it looks like BlackBerry isn't going to make the Classic I wished for. So do I just buy a spare Q10 for when this eventually breaks or try the more expensive Classic? I really appreciate the help in deciding, as users on this site actually tend to think instead of just following the herd!

Judging from your story, I think you'd better get a Classic for better typing experience (bigger keys and screen as well as easier cursor placement with the track pad)--IF that is your main concern, ya--typing. Otherwise get another Q10. BUT if you do decide on buying the Classic, keep the Q10 in a box, so you can always fall back to it if the Classic goes bonkers.
    03-12-16 10:26 AM
    Thanks, that starts giving me food for thought! Does anyone else have input that's used both devices?

03-12-16 04:05 PM
    I go back and forth between the two. If the Q had a toolbelt, it would have been perfect for me. The Classic not having a removable battery concerns me down the road, but not a big deal for the near future. Being that they are about 95% the same phone, size and weight usually make the Q the winner of the two (even though the differences are minimal).

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 04:25 PM
    Well ad say the Q any day. Its very functional and is pretty much the classic just without a tool belt. All the specs are the same..

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 03:45 AM
    I've had both and guess I prefer the Q10 for its size and weight although I feel the keyboard is cramped
    03-16-16 07:44 AM
    I think the Classic and its toolbelt need a bit more support. Here are some epic threads and a good read too. The paste shortcut was an epiphany for me

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=987465

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1013481

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 03-19-16 at 12:37 AM.
    03-19-16 12:06 AM
    I've never used the Q, but I can tell you that the classic is a great phone. The tool belt is awesome. Track pad is precise. You can't go wrong with the Classic if you want a phone with this for factor.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-19-16 06:42 AM
    I have lost, broken and repurchased the Q10 around 6 times now. That could be helpful. The Q10 is one of the best phones out there for less than $150, that's nuts!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 05:23 PM
    I have lost, broken and repurchased the Q10 around 6 times now. That could be helpful. The Q10 is one of the best phones out there for less than $150, that's nuts!

Posted via CB10
    I got my Classic for 175. Not that much of a difference.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-22-16 11:57 PM
    I came back to my hardly ever used Q10 as I dropped my Z30 and cracked the screen not replaced yet then pulled out Z10 but having battery issues since that last update. So Q10 here I am
    This device still works great I'd say yes to purchasing in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 11:58 AM
    Both are great phones. But I would choose the Q10 over the Classic.

For Classic, once the battery wears out, you gotta throw the whole phone away since you cannot find a replacement battery for it. With a Q10, you just swap the battery once the battery wears out.

It is the same story with a faulty keyboard. Both Q10 and the Classic will have keyboard issues. But with a Q10, you can swap the keyboard a lot more easily.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:43 AM
    The Q any day. Removable battery and compact size work for me. Plus same specs on the classic

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:23 AM
    Same for me. Reason I chose the Q was for removable battery. Plus they both have square screens and same specs not much screen real estate difference..

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:25 AM
46 12