Not sure which forum to post on but I am looking to buy a Q10 or a Classic. I am using a Z30 right now, but find it too big for everyday use. Which one of the above would you recommend for use as a calling, texting and emailing only device? I am mainly concerned with battery power, loudness of ringer, call signal strength and form factor - is one bigger than the other, etc. I will be using it in Canada so I would also like to know how to determine which model number is the best ( or maybe the only one? )

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bvhanna; 03-02-16 at 01:37 PM.
    03-02-16 01:26 PM
    Q10. And don't forget to buy the desktop charger bundle. With this, there's virtually no such thing as running out of battery. And this way, the device will last much longer than any non-removable battery BB10s.
    Sound actually depends on the OS version. But generally it's pretty LOUD.
    Call signal is just perfect, but it doesn't have Paratek Antenna, so you can't make that call from underground basement, unlike your Z30.
    Form factor? Obviously. It fits in your pocket, light, unobtrusive, good looking, too.
    The physical keyboard is FABULOUS.

What are you waiting for?

NB: get a flip cover, ya. That screen is sensitive to be left naked in your pocket.
    03-02-16 01:42 PM
    I haven't had occasion to use the Q10: I think it's smaller and lighter than the Classic.
    I have a Classic and it's a great phone - the toolbelt is quite helpful - many navigation tasks I can do entirely from the toolbelt.

Battery life has been good - if I am using it heavily through the day for Facebook / other on-line things then I can run below 20% battery by 9/10 pm.
    I can count on two hands the times I have had to charge during the day in a year of usage. So, the fixed battery is nothing to be afraid of.

I don't know if being from Canada has any bearing on which model - I just got mine from my carrier (MTS in Manitoba, eh).
    03-02-16 01:47 PM
    I am back to the Q10 for the second time! Great smartphone!!

Posted via CB10
    bnago4 likes this.
    03-02-16 02:26 PM
    Q10 all the way. I came from Lumia 1020 with same size as Classic and it was just too big. Not my cup of tea for daily use, Lumia (and classic) are not so pocket friendly. The 10 hits all buttons for me: size, battery life (two day easy with moderate use and bedside mode at around 15% ), signal strength (note I use only 3G 2G combo), call quality, keyboard is fantastic even for my huge thumbs. Overall phone quality is really great.
    They are more or less the same if you compare their hardware so it comes to what is more important to you: better size (q10) or belt (classic).

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-02-16 02:43 PM
    I am biased, but think the Q is by far the best phone. Compact, well built, removable battery as there are a couple of days a week I need to change batteries on the go, great communicator. And as an early adopter, I have learned to use BB10 and do not see a need for the tool belt, all the more so as I see it as a "bolt on" to an OS not really designed for a tool belt. Just my two cents.

Note, I use the "non-blue dot" version of the OS as it means I still do not have to reach for my reading glasses to use the phone.

However, in the end, only you can decide what answers your needs.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-02-16 07:41 PM
    I also made the decision a week ago and chose the Q10 because of the size - the Classic was just too big for me.

2nd was the cost - you can get a new in package Q10 for a lot less, and as was mentioned the same hardware as the Classic.

Another point for me was the removable battery like on the Bold 9930, I carry a spare battery and use the BlackBerry external charger so downtime is kept to less than 2 minutes.

Running 10.3.2.556 with zero issues.

9930 7.1.0.1066 / SQN100-2 10.3.2.556
    03-02-16 08:29 PM
    I have both phones and I really like the size and weight of the Q. The battery in the Q seems to last longer than the Classic. I do wish BlackBerry would have kept the Q the same size and added a tool belt. I know it isn't needed but there are times where it comes in handy.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 09:26 PM
    Question for Cainamzak
    Mind sharing info on where to buy new- in- package Q10? I would be looking for an unlocked phone. Which model to purchase is also something that I'm confused about - I live in Canada so not sure of the implications regarding which model works here

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 08:04 AM
    Question for Cainamzak
    Mind sharing info on where to buy an in package Q10? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I got mine from ebay (US) - don't know the forum rules for posting retailers, but I got mine from the "over 40 sold" site.

They had the global and VZW versions, I bought a VZW one. Package was a little beat up but the phone seems to be brand new.

Don't know what version you would need, sorry.

9930 7.1.0.1066 / SQN100-2 10.3.2.556
    03-03-16 08:26 AM
    Internals are the same.
    You lose the trackpad and shortcut buttons.
    But I found the menus in the q10 more intuitive.
    Not too steep learning curve, and I came from a moto G.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 09:46 AM
    vote for Q10

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 10:05 AM
    Passport! Forget the toolbelt! Trust me!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:05 PM
    Passport! Forget the toolbelt! Trust me!

Posted via CB10
    That wasn't one of the two choices.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    03-06-16 07:29 PM
    Classic.
    The screen is much much better than Q10's AMOLED which sucks!
    03-06-16 09:57 PM
    Classic.
    The screen is much much better than Q10's AMOLED which sucks!
    Nah the amoled is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:26 PM
    I loved my Q10 but now that I have the Classic, I couldn't imagine going back to the Q10. The Q10 feels too small and the keyboard too cramped. Both are really nice phones though. The black Q10 still looks great to me too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:27 AM
    Own Q10, Classic and OG Passport. I write a few hrs a day and do most of my web browsing on these blackberries.

The most functional = Classic. The toolbelt for editing text, clicking links on web pages. Most function which I can take anywhere.

Q10 is the superior build, design and one handed device. Editing text is inferior to the Classic.

Passport. Pure BB10 luxury to consume large amounts of media and text. Editing text is inferior to the Classic. Typing isn't as good for extended sessions. Sound is incredible. Pragmatically, it is a dream and a nightmare based on winter or summer pockets. Classic is the more practical option.

Daily driver is the Classic. Sitting down device is the Passport. In winter (with jacket) I will switch to the Passport as the daily driver. Normally the Passport travels with me in my satchel.

The Q10 is the going out phone (nightclub, beach). Love the thing, but it is surpassed by the Classic and Passport.

 Classic via CB
    03-07-16 12:39 AM
    I had Passports, Q10s and Classics. Q10 is better then Classic. It has the same specs, much smaller and compact, very beautiful device.
    ravencore likes this.
    03-07-16 01:21 AM
    Best looking and very high standard phone is q10

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:03 AM
    Take a q. You will not regret it. Removable battery and very portable. Plus with the update you won't miss anything..

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:13 AM
    How is the double typing issue on the Q10 fixed? Need to know as I will probably be buying a used one. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 10:27 AM
    The software update fixed it. I had DT on 3 devices and now it is gone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 10:50 AM
    The software update fixed it. I had DT on 3 devices and now it is gone.

Posted via CB10
    Update to what version, if I may?
    03-07-16 12:13 PM
    I have the q10 and picked it over the classic.
    It was an easy decision for me though since the classic doesn't have a removable battery which I consider a sin (don't understand why BlackBerry is pushing that direction). I had a previous expensive phone die with a hard to find non user replaceable battery and this time I have decided to not repeat that experience. I also strongly prefer the amoled screen and find the size of the q10 perfect for a day to day phone.
    The battery life is also amazing!
    03-08-16 10:24 PM
46 12