02-21-13 01:06 PM
28 12
tools
    Sorry, but your hypothesis is not actually true, carrier testing is far more than what you suggest and the reason the american carriers are so much slower is that they only trust their own results and do not leverage global standards such as GCF certification to reduce their testing cycles leading to these delayed launches, this is somewhat understandable for the cdma carriers since few other places bother with that technology but it is weird of the gsm carriers.
    For CDMA phones, I agree with you - that tech is almost extinct outside the US so phones have to be created specifically for Verizon/Sprint and tested. Hence in the Android world, CDMA carriers either get the short end of the stick or get exclusive phones that aren't available for GSM. But like I said, with GSM phones there are no problems bringing in "untested" phones from abroad to use on North American networks, which makes carrier testing sound like it isn't quite what its name suggests.
    02-19-13 09:03 AM
    For CDMA phones, I agree with you - that tech is almost extinct outside the US so phones have to be created specifically for Verizon/Sprint and tested. Hence in the Android world, CDMA carriers either get the short end of the stick or get exclusive phones that aren't available for GSM. But like I said, with GSM phones there are no problems bringing in "untested" phones from abroad to use on North American networks, which makes carrier testing sound like it isn't quite what its name suggests.
    While there are no problems generally, the simple fact of the matter is that at&t and tmo us for some insane reasons do not seem to trust independent global certification such as GCF and will in fact be carrying out their own excessively laborious testing prior to releasing this device, there is no need to look for some ulterior motive when the far simpler solution is that they are insular incompetents that are choosing not to take advantage of established testing to release devices more promptly.
    02-19-13 01:27 PM
    I really don't care when it releases in other countries. For some damn reason the US gets the short end of the stick and that's where they get most of their profit is here and yet we the LAST to get it.
    Now dont get me wrong I understand your pain. I am in Canada and I also have to wait longer then the UK but not as long as US. But what Im finding trouble understanding is why a lot of Americans think they are the largest smart phone market. BlackBerry's largest market is Indonesia not America. America seriously needs to relax. I've said this many times already. This is NORMAL. When it comes to anything game systems movies what ever! America gets things last. This isn't something new that only BlackBerry is doing. -.-'

but long story short. I have high hopes the Q10 is coming sooner then April (as suggested it would) because pre-orders are out for Telus weee! in Canada that is...
    02-21-13 01:06 PM
28 12