I walked past the labelled Samsung, Sony, HTC (etc) sections and found the BB10 phones in the "Other Phones "Section.
    It's odd because just before the Q10 came out BlackBerry had a labelled section in that same shop.
    The Q10 had a plastic security band around the screen. None of the gestures were possible. I wrestled with the device until the alarm went off. The salesman came over and I explained the phone was gesture based and I couldn't try it out due to the plastic band.
    "It's for security, we're not removing it."
    "But I can't -"
    "We're not removing it." He walked away.

Is this happening in all the Carphone Warehouses? If so then the only people buying the Q10 are those who already planned to (and some of those may be put off).

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:09 AM
    I bought a Q10 yesterday from a CPWH store and there was a dedicated BlackBerry 'stand' but it was in a weird location. Saying that, they have 4 live units altogether. 2 Q10s and 2 Z10s.

The staff and the manager were optimistic about the phone (especially the Z10) but two of the staff I came in to contact with didn't even know they had the #10 even though it was on display!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:31 AM
    Well that sounds a bit better. Maybe the shop I went to will get it together too. The S4 had completely eclipsed the Q10 release in that shop.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:43 AM
    my local store which is not one of the bigger stores, has had a dedicated blackberry stand (mid store on the wall) since the z10 came out which now has a working q10 on it next to a working z10. surprised really as just a week before launch one of the sales guys 'didn't even know there was a new q10 on the way' !

p4u also have it and have it advertised on a big poster in their window
    05-06-13 12:20 PM