I'm struggling with some "bugs" on my new Q10. Yesterday I tried the first time to send a pic (from media card, device and camera) via Whatsapp (starting from Whatsapp screen as well as the respective photo)... the screen goes black while "sending photo", the only touch button available is "cancel".

I like the device itself but the apps leave room for improvement (I was hoping to improve my device experience by switching from the old Curve to the new Q10, though) ;-)

Does anybody have the same issue??
    05-29-13 03:29 AM
    Tried it now. Sent just fine.
    From Whatsapp Screen AND also sent one from Picture folder using Share Icon.

Screenshot attached

Q10 - Cant' send pictures via Whatsapp??!!!-img_00000022.png
    05-29-13 03:42 AM
    ...I may reinstall Whatsapp... not working for me. I can send my location, though.... the apps are not running smoothly, at least at my device, it seems
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 - Cant' send pictures via Whatsapp??!!!-img_00000014.png  
    05-29-13 03:54 AM
    new installation from scratch did not help... still the same issue... kinda frustrating!
    05-29-13 04:23 AM
    Ok, got it! Whatsapp did not have the rights to access my pics and files on the BB... home made bug ;-)
    06-05-13 04:23 AM
    Lol....good you found out :-)
    06-05-13 04:53 AM
    How did you find this and rectify it please? Mine has just started to do the same having worked fine for 2 months!
    03-26-14 03:52 PM
    How did you find this and rectify it please? Mine has just started to do the same having worked fine for 2 months!
    Check your app permissions Settings / Privacy and Security / App Permissions / WhatsApp. You have to allow access to Shared Files. Once you enable it, close WhatsApp and open it again. You should be able to send pictures now.

If the Shared Files option is already enabled, there's two things you can do:
    1. Reboot the phone by holding down the volume buttons until the BlackBerry logo shows up. It helps get rid of a bug most of the time.
    2. If option 1 doesn't help, you can delete WhatsApp and download it again from BlackBerry World.

Go into BlackBerry World anyway to see if you have the latest version installed. If an upgrade is available, it'll most likely get rid of the bug as well. Make sure you enable permissions for Shared Files.
    03-26-14 04:36 PM
    Ok, got it! Whatsapp did not have the rights to access my pics and files on the BB... home made bug ;-)
    I have to ask.. did you honestly expect it to be able to attach anything having denied access to your files?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-26-14 04:40 PM