So aggravating. Why can't I "mark all prior opened" or "delete all prior" emails........ One minute it says I have over 2000 emails then I try to open and /or delete and it will say I have 45 emails and then a minute later it's like 400 emails... what the heck is going on.
    01-03-14 01:32 PM
    01-03-14 01:44 PM
    You can...per above link simply touch and hold the date bar where you want to start the prior read/delete.

Posted via CB10
    Erica Melone likes this.
    01-03-14 01:47 PM
    Yes... I'm doing it the way I've always done it on bberry but for the last many weeks it won't clear it. It brings up the message warning me that it can 't be "undone" and I click "ok" or "delete" and then nothing happens. Or it partially happens... right now it's back to saying I have 2286 messages.
    01-03-14 02:14 PM
    Yes... I'm doing it the way I've always done it on bberry but for the last many weeks it won't clear it. It brings up the message warning me that it can 't be "undone" and I click "ok" or "delete" and then nothing happens. Or it partially happens... right now it's back to saying I have 2286 messages.
    What OS are you running on your Q10?
    Erica Melone likes this.
    01-03-14 02:20 PM
    01-03-14 02:25 PM
    OK, would you feel comfortable upgrading your OS to a leaked OS?

You're running an older build and you might find that newer ones have fixed certain issues and prior bugs.

I would consider going no lower than this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/

I'm running a .1925 leak on my Q10 and I love it. There are many leaks to choose from. Browse the forum.

Let us know if you've got further questions.
    Erica Melone likes this.
    01-03-14 02:34 PM
    I am not an expert on the various email systems, but if you tell us what type of email system you are using, the experts may be able to offer suggestions. On the older BlackBerry phones and if you were not on a corporate email BES system, the BlackBerry BIS system would go to your mail provider and mark the messages read using either the POP protocol or a webmail interface. On the OS10 phones, the marking of email read is done through the protocol that connects the phone directly to the mail server. There just may be a problem with the setup of your mail server or the settings on the phone.

Also, as noted by the previous poster, this may be fixed in a newer OS. Most carriers are at least to 10.2.0. You should check to see if your carrier has an OS upgrade. If you are with a US carrier, it is likely they haven't upgraded the OS yet, but should be soon.

The latest leak, 10.2.1.1925 works well, but if you haven't installed a leak previously, it can be a bit of a learning process to get it done. Sometimes it works better not restoring from a backup, but starting from scratch, so you would loose everything that is not on your SD card and not backed up to a cloud service.
    Erica Melone likes this.
    01-03-14 02:50 PM
    What is your email account? (Gmail, Yahoo, etc...)
    Erica Melone likes this.
    01-03-14 03:30 PM
    You guys are so nice!!! Thanks..
    Ok.. so my mail is Verizon, I have never installed a leak before and the OS is 10104699 I check for updates constantly and I always seem to have the latest one.... My email is not related to any business set ups. It's a new issue. I'm a forever bberry user from back in the track wheel days and this seems to be a new issue...... I've pulled the battery a few times and nothing changes there either. Shall I flush it??? help. So frustrating. I can't see other peoples emoticons either. still come up as question marks. anyhoo.................
    01-03-14 03:50 PM
    Sorry... 10.1.0.4699
    01-03-14 03:51 PM
    oh boy... I just went on bberry link and did a factory restore... I hope that wasn't a huge mistake.
    01-03-14 03:57 PM
    One thing to remember is that if you are syncing a large email account that goes back in time a few years it will take awhile to sync up all those messages. That means your number of messages will fluctuate if you're deleting while it is still syncing. I'd wait a day for it to settle in and be complete before deleting.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks!!! I did the factory restore. It took about 45 minutes to an hour. Phone is working SOOO much better!!! I do have a question though. I changed my notifications to custom settings and now this morning they are not custom. I'm wondering why they wouldn't stay. They did all day yesterday. hmmmmmm.....
    01-05-14 08:16 AM
    And please stop pulling your battery like in the "old" days when your phone is on .. No need to do it on your new Q10 you can restart your phone by Holding Vol +&- together Till you see the starting Animation again (about 30 sec)
    01-05-14 08:53 AM