Likely earlier. The carriers have been taking pre-orders for a while now. They don't do that when the phone is still over a month away.
    If it comes out earlier, the app store will be completely barren.
    We're not getting our dev C's for at least another 6 weeks.

My best bet is they're aiming a mid-May release.
    6-8 weeks until Dev C's are in some people's hands.
    2 weeks to develop/port and test.
    Brings us right to the middle of May.
    03-05-13 03:10 PM

My understanding is that the Q will have access to pretty much the same stable of apps that the Z has, unless the dev specifically removes the Q as a target. I understand that there might be the odd issue of compatibility and keyboard support, but my guess is that for the vast majority of apps there won't be an issue.
    03-05-13 03:14 PM
    My understanding is that the Q will have access to pretty much the same stable of apps that the Z has, unless the dev specifically removes the Q as a target. I understand that there might be the odd issue of compatibility and keyboard support, but my guess is that for the vast majority of apps there won't be an issue.
    Where did you get this understanding exactly?

The Q will not have access to any apps unless the developer chooses for it to. This is not done by default.
    The compatibility issues are also much larger than you're making them out to be. You've got a completely different screen size and aspect ratio. No UI designed for the Z10 will work properly on the Q10. Some apps will be easy to change, some will be a nightmare. But they almost all need some modification to work well.
    Q10 Canadian release date?-capture.png
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-05-13 03:19 PM
    I think it'll be in April...This month seems too soon (i won't mind though) but April seems more realistic imo...
    03-05-13 08:44 PM

A May release is highly likely.But I still believe there will be a very small chance that they release it in April.For Q10,there is no time to lose,so maybe(though very small chance)they plan to release the phone first,with some basic apps of course,then fill the BB world gradually.
    03-06-13 06:15 AM
    Where did you get this understanding exactly?

The Q will not have access to any apps unless the developer chooses for it to. This is not done by default.
    The compatibility issues are also much larger than you're making them out to be. You've got a completely different screen size and aspect ratio. No UI designed for the Z10 will work properly on the Q10. Some apps will be easy to change, some will be a nightmare. But they almost all need some modification to work well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	794 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	139346
    First off your profile picture is a REAL eye-sore ... sad because I remember that Dell prancing about the very last days of Windows Pocket PC PE. Yuck!

However you do raise a good point. I have a feeling that some applications will be compatible most likely the majority of those at launch date. While developers work on Q10 specific applications, this Q10 will be launched by late April. The device alone will appeal to the corporate users and to real fans that USE it daily.
    03-07-13 04:29 PM
    My 9780 is on its last legs, so the sooner the Q10 comes out the better.
    03-08-13 03:10 AM
    However you do raise a good point. I have a feeling that some applications will be compatible most likely the majority of those at launch date. While developers work on Q10 specific applications, this Q10 will be launched by late April. The device alone will appeal to the corporate users and to real fans that USE it daily.
    Hopefully this means that the Q10 compatible apps will be restricted mostly to quality ones, so we wouldn't have to sift through the myriad of junk apps.
    03-08-13 05:58 PM
    Good point.

BTW, does this mean that Z10 would have more Apps than Q10? I just ordered the Z10 and as much as I love the phone, I am afraid if it might lack quality apps... Q10 might even be worse!

Any thoughts?

First off your profile picture is a REAL eye-sore ... sad because I remember that Dell prancing about the very last days of Windows Pocket PC PE. Yuck!

03-22-13 09:49 PM
    so still no word on when it will be available?
    03-22-13 11:43 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    end of april likely ..... UK end of april date already posted ... Canada likely same ....IMO
    03-23-13 02:20 AM
    I can confirm it will be released near the end of April. Rogers Management has started training on this.

I have a friend which works at the head office in Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:05 AM
37 12