You have to manually set it to low light mode as you do with time shift and sport mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:09 PM
    Is it possible to change how the auto focus is working on the Q10?
    I don't mind the auto auto focus, it's just:
    1. slow
    2. mostly it doesn't do its job which is focusing the object

I miss my 9790 camera
    You tap the shutter button, it will refocus and then take a nice sharp picture

is it just me?

Not you; it's the camera. Autofocus is s l o w and gets it wrong about 90 percent of the time. And don't even think about trying the zoom. It cannot find focus when zoomed in 100 percent of the time. I find myself taking multiple pix of the same subject to hopefully get 1 that is almost in focus. The really maddening part is that when the autofocus is trying to figure out what should be in focus, it actually DOES focus on the subject for a split second before the framing block turns green and then it's out of focus again. I find myself manually moving the focus frame around to force the camera to refocus, then tapping the screen at just the right moment when on the screen, the image appears to be in focus...always before the camera thinks it's in focus and the square turns green. love this device but the camera is a real disappointment

Here's some hope, I think...when using the camera in an app where snapping Q Codes, the camera is VERY fast and accurate, and those are very intricate and detailed images. So I am hopeful that this really is just a software fix and not an indication of crappy hardware
    Last edited by bobinbalto; 08-09-13 at 07:38 AM.
    austriker likes this.
    08-09-13 07:27 AM
    Not you; it's the camera. Autofocus is s l o w and gets it wrong about 90 percent of the time. And don't even think about trying the zoom. It cannot find focus when zoomed in 100 percent of the time. I find myself taking multiple pix of the same subject to hopefully get 1 that is almost in focus. The really maddening part is that when the autofocus is trying to figure out what should be in focus, it actually DOES focus on the subject for a split second before the framing block turns green and then it's out of focus again. I find myself manually moving the focus frame around to force the camera to refocus, then tapping the screen at just the right moment when on the screen, the image appears to be in focus...always before the camera thinks it's in focus and the square turns green. love this device but the camera is a real disappointment

Here's some hope, I think...when using the camera in an app where snapping Q Codes, the camera is VERY fast and accurate, and those are very intricate and detailed images. So I am hopeful that this really is just a software fix and not an indication of crappy hardware
    it's not often I get on CB and say "my thoughts exactly"
    austriker likes this.
    08-09-13 09:08 AM
    The autofocus on my Q10 has actually gotten slower after each subsequent official software update.

Its horribly slow to the point I get frustrated and want to shut the camera app off. I don't remember it being this slow when I first got it 4months ago and it was on 10.1.

I'm currently on the official 10.2.0.429.

9700 Bold2 > Q10
    12-15-13 03:12 PM
    Is it possible to change how the auto focus is working on the Q10?
    I don't mind the auto auto focus, it's just:
    1. slow
    2. mostly it doesn't do its job which is focusing the object

I miss my 9790 camera
    You tap the shutter button, it will refocus and then take a nice sharp picture

is it just me?
    Use the space bar instead of touching the screen to activate the shutter. It will then focus more times than not.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-15-13 06:00 PM
    Haha. This discussion again. By the way, the pics uploaded to CB are compressed. So regarding that first picture you can say the sky is grainy all you want but you aren't actually looking at the picture the way it was taken. Don't expect the BB10 cameras to be amazing though. They are quite good for the most part but camera software remains the real issue with many users. The auto focus gets better. If you have 10.2, locking the focus by holding it is a bit better for moving targets. Just a tip. That comparison with the XperiaZ is a bit more realistic though.
    12-15-13 06:11 PM
    As with other smartphones I've used, my complaint isn't about the picture quality, it's about the focus.

I don't understand why a manual focus slider never seems to be available. More often then not I find myself watching the auto-focus and the picture starts looking better, better, better and then great.... At which point the auto-focus gives up and moves back to the other end of the focus and the view is at its worst. If I could manually hold the focus at the "great" point, I'd be all set.
    03-30-14 12:53 AM
    Guys my q10 cam seems to be too blurry.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 camera is nice, but the auto focus ......-img_20180415_164420_hdr.jpg  
    04-15-18 06:47 AM
    Daaamn the neighbors got a nice whip.
    04-19-18 03:53 AM
34 12