Is anyone else having problems with their Q10 camera? I love my phone and have had it for two days and then last night and today I noticed my camera was being weird. First, it showed my view and my taken photos in a green hue. Everything was green! And then today, I got the "no signal" display on my entire screen when I turn my camera on (or the screen is just black). It looks like this: http://img.fotocommunity.com/photos/25029754.jpg Or it simply tells me "The camera can't be started".

Do you think I got a lemon? Or have others had this issue?

I tried restarting my phone and it did nothing. Then I did a battery pull and it did nothing.
    05-04-13 09:14 PM
    Okay, that's a new one for me.

By the way, you can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

That's the battery pull of BB10.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-05-13 12:09 AM
    Passed on to some others to check if they have some better advice for you.

05-05-13 12:15 AM
    Thanks for your tip. I tried it but I never got a blue startup screen after holding down for over 1minute. Maybe it's not the same on a Q10 as it is on your Z10?

Here's three photos of what I get all the time. I've tried your method, the actual battery pull, a restart, and troubleshooting but there's no mention of this issue on the Blackberry site or the forums. Maybe I really did get a lemon?

Q10 Camera Issues-dscn0296.jpgQ10 Camera Issues-dscn0298.jpgQ10 Camera Issues-dscn0299.jpg
    Last edited by chewpy; 05-05-13 at 04:18 AM.
    05-05-13 03:37 AM
    Time to exchange it I would say.. someone else was having camera issues too and exchanged theirs.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:19 AM
    Do you have any apps that have access to the camera app? I've had it on my Z10 that if i have a running app accessing the camera, the default camera app doesn't work.

Maybe there is a background app process that is screwing with your camera app

*disclaimer... i have no idea if background processes are available now on Q10 with OS 10.1... just trying to help

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:27 AM
    I would also think you need an exchange.
    Sounds like the device is faulty, unfortunately these things do happen. Give your carrier back the lemon and get a shiny new Q10

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-05-13 04:29 AM
    You are on a stock OS and not a leaked OS?
    05-05-13 05:44 AM
    Someone posted this rainbow screen too on another thread. Think he/she got it exchanged. You should bring it back too.
    05-05-13 07:10 AM
    I'm on the OS that came with the phone (didn't jail break it or load any non-official OS) and all my apps are not active.

I guess I'm one of the few that got a lemon! I'll go in and exchange it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions/input!
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-05-13 02:22 PM
    Good luck getting it swapped out. Hope they make it easy for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:27 PM
    I've had a slightly different Q10 camera problem. It worked fine for 4 days, on a 6 day old phone, and gave me a blank screen at a party on Sunday. I pulled the battery and then it was fine, until today, Tuesday when the same happened but three battery pulls failed to fix it. When I tried it later it fired up strangely with green and red background flashing, but now seems fine. Hope it hangs in there. These tiny high performance cameras seem to have issues as my wife's I-Pad 3 worked for 2 months then stopped altogether and even the Apple store wasn't much help.
    05-07-13 01:55 PM
    I've had a slightly different Q10 camera problem. It worked fine for 4 days, on a 6 day old phone, and gave me a blank screen at a party on Sunday. I pulled the battery and then it was fine, until today, Tuesday when the same happened but three battery pulls failed to fix it. When I tried it later it fired up strangely with green and red background flashing, but now seems fine. Hope it hangs in there. These tiny high performance cameras seem to have issues as my wife's I-Pad 3 worked for 2 months then stopped altogether and even the Apple store wasn't much help.

I highly recommend returning and getting a new one ASAP. Mine started out fine. Then I had a black screen. Then everything in the picture (haven't snapped the picture yet) was in a green hue regardless of whether the flash was on. Next thing was more black screen, then the crazy vertical colors like on a TV, and then it wouldn't start up again. Return it because it doesn't seem to have a fix and you shouldn't have to do a battery pull to fix it! Also, we did a device wipe and it still didn't work afterwards. Maybe there's a few lemons out there (mine sure was but my 2nd one seems flawless *knock on wood*).
    05-09-13 02:20 AM
    I was hoping you'd come back to post about a happy ending. Congrats on your new, new Q10!

05-09-13 02:50 AM
    Just return it. Make sure you can reproduce the problem and they will replace your phone.
    05-09-13 05:24 AM
    I was hoping you'd come back to post about a happy ending. Congrats on your new, new Q10!

Thanks! I'm so relieved that I got a new one that works perfectly (I check the camera every single day to make sure I didn't get another dud!).
    05-09-13 04:25 PM
    I had the exact same issue with my Q10. Anytime I'd launch the camera app the sreen would show a green or red hue. I had to hit the back of Q10 in order for the camera to work. ( i believe its the flex cable for the camera itself was loose). Overall the phone is flawless.

I took it back to Fido and they replaced it with a new Q10 without any issues.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!
    05-10-13 10:20 AM
    Ok I know this is an old thread but I didn't find any solution for this problem posted online so I thought I might as well address it.
    I had the same issue with my Q10 after a bad fall so I decided to open it up and see what the problem could have been and found it was simply the result of a loose flex cable for the camera.

If your phone is relatively new, by all means take it back and get a replacement.
    But if not and you have the tools and are comfortable opening up your phone then literally it is just a matter of reconnecting a flex cable in the back and thats it.
    04-28-14 01:56 PM
    I'm not a huge fan of the camera on my Q10 either. I can't seem to get mine to focus or zoom in (but I'm not denying that this could be due to user error ). Is there another camera app that anyone can recommend?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-11-14 12:29 AM
    Hi, would be great to get some Advice on this: my BB q10 shows 'unknown errorr' and when I want to open the camera it says 'microphone not workin'

Please reply asap!! thank you!
    10-20-14 01:55 PM
    anyone solve the black back camera on Q10? or its hardware and no way to fix it ourself?
    05-13-15 09:06 AM