Loyal to Blackberry and picked up the Q10.
    I've had for 7 days and thinking of switching back. It's slowed down my non-stop day.
    A few things perhaps someone could help with.

- Call Waiting... The alert is TOO quiet. On the bold it pops up and takes over your screen. My screen remains black on the Q10 with a quiet beeping. I've missed a ton of calls. Is there a way to increase the volume of the notification or have it take over the screen?

- Hanging up a call is 3 steps if you've navigated away from the screen while talking to someone. If I'm sending an email or text while talking and the call ends I have to swipe out, swipe back to phone and push hang up. The old red button worked better.

- I've seen mentioned many times. Calling from the address book - why on earth is it an extra step?

- Flying in the face of intuition touching emails doesn't highlight them but instead opens them.

Any suggestions to anything here is much appreciated. Thanks
    07-08-13 01:31 PM
    "Flying in the face of intuition touching emails doesn't highlight them but instead opens them."
    I disagree, I think it makes sense for it to open the email since it spends up the process of opening the email...it's moving people away from a double click to open to a single "click".
    07-08-13 01:52 PM
    FCSC -

I understand your point but if you receive a high volume of email you're trying to select/highlight them it leads to an extra step. I should have been more clear but this is annoying.
    07-08-13 02:23 PM
    FCSC -

I understand your point but if you receive a high volume of email you're trying to select/highlight them it leads to an extra step. I should have been more clear but this is annoying.
    I completley get your point, at first I didn't think it made sense, but as I used the phone more I realized I prefer to tap to open then I would to tap and hold.

The extra step you're referring to only has to be done when you need to select multiple emails. And the step takes less then 2 seconds to complete. Do delete emails in mass without reading them?
    07-08-13 02:26 PM
    @FCSC

Yes - I delete emails without reading frequently. I receive a high volume of email.

Honestly, though this was an issue I could live through if the top issues weren't bothering me. The call waiting thing is driving me nuts. I keep missing calls beeping in. Plus, hanging up a call while doing something else is complicated. I miss the red button.
    07-08-13 02:40 PM
    Question? Is you call waiting issue due to your service provider or is it a setting in the phone Cuz my call waiting comes in fine!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:44 AM
    When you're on the phone call, is the volume turned all the way up? Or an adequate level of your choice as where you hear the best?
    07-09-13 02:19 PM
    When you're on the phone call, is the volume turned all the way up? Or an adequate level of your choice as where you hear the best?
    It's set to where I hear best but that's also at about 80% of volume anyway.. it's fairly loud.
    07-09-13 08:27 PM
    Question? Is you call waiting issue due to your service provider or is it a setting in the phone Cuz my call waiting comes in fine!

Posted via CB10
    Do you have your screen set to fade after a certain time? Mine does within a minute? The call waiting doesn't overpower that.
    07-09-13 08:28 PM
    Tapping emails opens them. But if you hold your finger on the email a little longer, they do highlight, the menu will slide out from the right, and you can delete them without opening them.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:35 PM
    Even after turning on call waiting switch on settings. This feature is not working. I don't know if this is bug. Could any help solve this issue. The moment I close the settings call waiting switch is getting off. Pls help
    04-28-15 01:12 PM