I have the Q10 and love it....However, my phone updated itselt last night to the newest software. Now my calender is all white, before it used to be black with red borders. I loved how it used to be, it looked elegant. I do not care for the white background. Is there a way to get my black background back on the calender app? To be honest, the original calender app color (black background, etc) was a draw in getting the Q10, thought not the deciding factor....
    08-05-13 06:59 PM
    I have the Q10 and love it....However, my phone updated itselt last night to the newest software. Now my calender is all white, before it used to be black with red borders. I loved how it used to be, it looked elegant. I do not care for the white background. Is there a way to get my black background back on the calender app? To be honest, the original calender app color (black background, etc) was a draw in getting the Q10, thought not the deciding factor....
    What OS were you on before, and what OS are you on now?
    Also, this differs from OS to OS. What I believe you mean is the black theme for the calender. I know of some OS's that lack this in the calender app. However, you can easily sideload a previous calender version to gain this functionality back. Apart from the visuals, everything should work just the same I personally prefer the white, though I don't have a choice on the Z10
    KDxx likes this.
    08-05-13 07:03 PM
    Hi, there software says "10.1.0.4181" - last night I updated my phone. I do not know how to get back the black theme. If anyone can explain how I would appreciate it.
    08-05-13 07:12 PM
    You have to side load the black calendar bar file. I have 10.2 and liked the black look from before. How did you ever get red borders on yours? This is what my calendar looks like right now.

Attachment 189779

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 Calender  color after update - help-img_00000682_hdr.jpg  
    KDxx likes this.
    08-05-13 07:16 PM
    Thanks. That is how mine looked yesterday, but with red borders, it is how my phone came, as there have been about two updates now. How do I go about side loading the back calender?
    08-05-13 07:18 PM
    Thanks. That is how mine looked yesterday, but with red borders, it is how my phone came, as there have been about two updates now. How do I go about side loading the back calender?
    Are you familiar with the sideloading process? This is the link to the CrackBerry tutorial. I have a Mac and it's very simple and I could help you even more, I'm sure it's just as simple on the PC, but I've never done it myself. How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com.

Here is the file to the black calendar. You follow the instructions on how to sideload, but download this first. It won't show up as an "app" like if you sideloaded Instagram or Android games, it simply replaces your calendar with the black one.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Zh0S0KBA!OJuuc3...ZH9EB9zA4pG0QQ
    08-05-13 07:26 PM
    Question to anyone that knows...
    If the sys.pim calendar bar file fixes the calendar. If I rip the sys.pim for (contacts text and bbm) bar files from the 10.1 and flash them over the 10.2 will that get me back to the dark themed bliss of the Q10 prior to 10.2?
    OR is my answer already in another thread I haven't found yet?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:37 PM
    Horrible white. Bring black back...

Posted via CB Q-10
    08-05-13 10:19 PM
    I join the ones who are very disappointed not to have any more the black layout for the calendar on my Q10 with the latest update of the OS. That particular layout was one of the reasons of my decision to favor the Q10 over the Z10. And what about the energy saving for th battery ?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:35 AM
    To make a long story short, all people looking to get back their dark calendar, please take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...9/#post8928192
    You'll find two users who posted links to a .bar file which basicly represents the black calendar. More in the bottom of page 1, I also posted a link to a simple sideloading tutorial. Note: Even though this is a native BB10 .bar file, you'll need to sideload it using whatever sideloading method you prefer.
    2nd note: Please be aware you are basicly downgrading your calendar application using this .bar file. That file was extracted from one of those 10.1.2xxx versions, the calendar application itself gets updated while OS versions are getting higher and higher.

For all of you who would like to get more insight about this topic, feel free to take a look at the following topics:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-away-836221/
    Q10 Owners: Do you want the dark theme back? | CrackBerry.com
    08-16-13 05:22 AM
    To make a long story short, all people looking to get back their dark calendar, please take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...9/#post8928192
    You'll find two users who posted links to a .bar file which basicly represents the black calendar. More in the bottom of page 1, I also posted a link to a simple sideloading tutorial. Note: Even though this is a native BB10 .bar file, you'll need to sideload it using whatever sideloading method you prefer.
    2nd note: Please be aware you are basicly downgrading your calendar application using this .bar file. That file was extracted from one of those 10.1.2xxx versions, the calendar application itself gets updated while OS versions are getting higher and higher.

For all of you who would like to get more insight about this topic, feel free to take a look at the following topics:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-away-836221/
    Q10 Owners: Do you want the dark theme back? | CrackBerry.com
    Just upgraded my Q10 and the new white calendar is too bright and makes the fonts look too washed out. The black background should have been left as an option. Its causing me migraines already! You mentioned that sideloading is downgrading. Will it mess up my calendar on the next upgrade? Thanks!
    08-27-13 05:09 AM
    FYI, after sideloading the. bar file, I got the dark calendar back. Then I checked for software updates and there was an applications update. This will reinstall the white calendar if you update.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 07:04 AM