hey guys, i wna know something off all the q10 owners, which by the way is the best phone ever, do your q10's back cover give in the slightest bit just above the logo and rarely creaks, cos mine does, its not a big issue but i still have my warranty and could exchange it easily, but the reason why i dnt want to do that because EVERYTHING else on this phone works perfectly, and i love it, the battery life is great, OS not laggy, battery doesnt warm up, just perfect. so i'm wondering isit worth risking it and exchanging my device which may resolve the issue of the creaking but then not have the same great battery life and may warm up quickly??? so yeah, anyones thoughts would be appreciated as i really dnt know what to do
    07-11-13 07:30 PM
    hey guys, i wna know something off all the q10 owners, which by the way is the best phone ever, do your q10's back cover give in the slightest bit just above the logo and rarely creaks, cos mine does, its not a big issue but i still have my warranty and could exchange it easily, but the reason why i dnt want to do that because EVERYTHING else on this phone works perfectly, and i love it, the battery life is great, OS not laggy, battery doesnt warm up, just perfect. so i'm wondering isit worth risking it and exchanging my device which may resolve the issue of the creaking but then not have the same great battery life and may warm up quickly??? so yeah, anyones thoughts would be appreciated as i really dnt know what to do
    Mine does it by the usb/hdmi ports. I can kind of press it in. It's more of an OCD for me, but not a deal breaker :P
    Jamfox and Ice_Cold_Q like this.
    07-11-13 07:44 PM
    Mine pushes in above the logo but I believe it normal. The Q10 for the most part is a well built device IMO. I have always had luck with blackberry devices in the past no real issues besides the Storm series.

I use my extended warranty with verizon if I ever have issues they just swap it out for a certified used device that for the most part can pass for a new one.

Personally I would keep what you have if it works well!

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    07-11-13 07:44 PM
    i guess i'm keeping it, thanks guys, i actually was more sided on keeping it because absolutely everything works on this phone beautifully and perfectly, nothing ever has gone wrong on my phone, and becuase it did everything so good i think the creaking got to me lol
    07-11-13 07:54 PM
    Mine pushes in a little bit too, but only if j press it. I keep mine in the BlackBerry hardshell case, so it's completely unnoticed. I really recommend that case.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    07-11-13 07:55 PM
    My back cover rattles on side just below the volume down button. Kind of annoying but I could probably put a small piece of electrical tape underneath and it would be goo.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:57 PM
    Mine is solid. Only problem I have using it without the otterbox commuter(which compliments the phone beautifully) is that if I use the phone without a case and put it in my pocket it always triggers the "Alt" button and I end up typing symbols when I go to type. Definitely more solid than my beloved 9700, no light leaks or creaks out of the box.
    07-11-13 07:59 PM
    Mine pushes in a little bit too, but only if j press it. I keep mine in the BlackBerry hardshell case, so it's completely unnoticed. I really recommend that case.

Posted via CB10
    i wanted to get that case but it had no lip, i didnt want to get a case without a lip as i already bought a leather pouch, which is great an all but creates a hassle at times when trying to do something quick or answer the phone with one hand, which is impossible with the pouch, so yeah i did not want to waste anymore money so i had to decide hard on what case to get and finally decided to get the incipio frequeny case which i ordered today, cant wait for it

if anyone has any thoughts and experiences with the incipio frequency case pls share
    07-11-13 08:03 PM
    In my opinion, the Q10 build quality, the outside case...went downhill somewhat. Overall, quality and feel is not improved. I returned the one I had after several days of use. There must have been some improvement over the Bold, but they were not things that I have come to like about BB in general. My primary use is phone, text, and email. I like the Bold better. Will see if the come out with something better. The a10 maybe later this year. Will try it.
    07-11-13 08:16 PM
    In my opinion, the Q10 build quality, the outside case...went downhill somewhat. Overall, quality and feel is not improved. I returned the one I had after several days of use. There must have been some improvement over the Bold, but they were not things that I have come to like about BB in general. My primary use is phone, text, and email. I like the Bold better. Will see if the come out with something better. The a10 maybe later this year. Will try it.
    You didn't use the hub at all? The Q10 is 10x better than the bold for phone, text and e-mails. Just wondering, lol.
    07-11-13 08:33 PM
    I wouldn't replace the phone. My display squeaks the slightest bit if I press VERY HARD on it, but just like your case, everything works perfectly. You don't want to replace it then find out the new one has a problem with its operation.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    07-11-13 10:11 PM
    Guys, has anyone noticed how spacebar wobbles and is a bit louder than what you should expect from a keyboard ought to be better than 9900's? If not, I'm about to call the certified repair shop tomorrow, as well as the carrier, and RMA the device (or at least I will try). The thing is it isn't solid! It goes quite deep in on both left and right ends and annoys me as hell, given I bought the phone from the carrier for 565+ and am accustomed to the brilliant and solid keyboard of my 9900. It's also loud! I'm hearing impaired so if I can hear the spring when typing, it has to be very, very loud. It may not be the actual spring, but nevertheless, it sounds like one. So, how is everyone's space key on Q10?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:20 PM
    If the issue is on the battery door, you may want to try a different battery door. That might fix your issue.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-14-13 03:34 PM
    The bold 9900 was a tank, there was no need to improve build quality I'd always joke that my blackberry was better than your android because if I ever wanted an android I could just knock you out with a bonk on the head by my bold and take it from you. Only down to q10 is battery door isn't as snug and even that, it feels great and I just put a business card underneath to fill the gap between the door and the battery and now it's hard as a nail.
    Last edited by AdamuG; 07-15-13 at 02:24 AM.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-14-13 04:28 PM
    Guys, has anyone noticed how spacebar wobbles and is a bit louder than what you should expect from a keyboard ought to be better than 9900's? If not, I'm about to call the certified repair shop tomorrow, as well as the carrier, and RMA the device (or at least I will try). The thing is it isn't solid! It goes quite deep in on both left and right ends and annoys me as hell, given I bought the phone from the carrier for 565+ and am accustomed to the brilliant and solid keyboard of my 9900. It's also loud! I'm hearing impaired so if I can hear the spring when typing, it has to be very, very loud. It may not be the actual spring, but nevertheless, it sounds like one. So, how is everyone's space key on Q10?

Posted via CB10
    My space bar moves deep in both sides as well, mainly because it only has one "point" on the whole area of it, and it's in the center. Probably a design flaw but it works well. If it's a smooth click and it works perfectly when you're typing, I don't see why you should replace it. If you look at the keyboard into the light and put your fingertip on different keys, you will see that a lot of them have some wiggle in them as well. It could either be a design flaw, or a more ergonomic keyboard. The keys themselves aren't nearly as stiff either.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-14-13 04:38 PM
    Mine does it by the usb/hdmi ports. I can kind of press it in. It's more of an OCD for me, but not a deal breaker :P
    mine makes the same creaky sound near the usb port. is that normal???
    07-15-13 06:31 AM
    My battery case pushes in and makes a little sound. I just assumed it was a "removable back case" symptom. Is this supposed to not happen and is actually covered by warranty?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:24 AM
    My space bar moves deep in both sides as well, mainly because it only has one "point" on the whole area of it, and it's in the center. Probably a design flaw but it works well. If it's a smooth click and it works perfectly when you're typing, I don't see why you should replace it. If you look at the keyboard into the light and put your fingertip on different keys, you will see that a lot of them have some wiggle in them as well. It could either be a design flaw, or a more ergonomic keyboard. The keys themselves aren't nearly as stiff either.
    Thanks for the reassurance. Must be other folks with Q10 which I've asked didn't quite get what I meant. I guess I'll simply have to get used to it, unless I for myself see another unit without the wobbly spacebar.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:06 PM
    No. 10char
    07-15-13 12:14 PM
    Mine presses in slightly at the same point. I don't see it as bad quality. I figured it's from the combination of the flexible battery door material and the gap between the battery. I noticed some of the pre release models had a piece of foam (from what I can see) between the door and battery.

Q10
    07-15-13 02:35 PM