I don't know. If I'm on a long flight, taxi, train etc ride or sitting and waiting I can see myself watching a movie or something. Some of you must be productive and not wasting any time ever. Good for you. I don't want to live like that.
    Don't get me wrong, I like wasting time, I just generally do it on an iPad. I sort of get for real portability watching TV on an iphone. BTW the best argument for carrying two devices is just that: using the iphone, sg3 or 4, z10 or 30 as a media consumption tool and the Q10 just for email, text, etc. And because I was incomplete above, I have to be clear: instagram is a fun app. It is for me way better than FB and a good compliment to twitter.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 04:00 PM
    Fantastic phone apart from the disappointing battery life

Posted on CB 10, browsing on my Z10 and typing on my Q10
    That's interesting. I have pretty stellar battery life, that's with wifi and bluetooth (paired to the PB) all day, and a healthy amount of use.

I can go about 1.5 days (so ... roughly 36 hours) between charges.

BTW, I don't have any android apps side-loaded to the Q10. I wonder if that makes a difference.
    10-23-13 04:27 PM
    That's interesting. I have pretty stellar battery life, that's with wifi and bluetooth (paired to the PB) all day, and a healthy amount of use.

I can go about 1.5 days (so ... roughly 36 hours) between charges.

BTW, I don't have any android apps side-loaded to the Q10. I wonder if that makes a difference.
    I have about the same experience with battery life. It seems to be a waste to plug it in at 42% or whatever at the end of a day but I can't help it. I like to start the day with a full battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 04:38 PM
    Ugh . . I am almost certain I'd prefer the q10, but the ability to see docs bigger on the z10/30 has me wavering . . .
    10-23-13 06:22 PM
    Fantastic phone apart from the disappointing battery life

Posted on CB 10, browsing on my Z10 and typing on my Q10
    Odd. The battery life is one of this phones selling points.
    10-23-13 07:54 PM
    I agree. Battery not quite as good as the old BBOS days but still a lot better than any of the competition. I'm at 64% right now after a full day. Not heavy, but at least average usage. My iphone with similar usage easily half that or worse and that is topping it off several times while in the car.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:01 PM
    My little piece,

I'm a former 9930 user. Then I gave it to my wife as her personal phone. I bought one of the best Android phones Sprint had to offer. The wife uses her work phone, sadly an iPhone, more than anything. So the Bold laid around, rarely touched, and sadly neglected. Now after 6 months with my Android phone, which I loved when I got it, but now I hate it. I have found that I'm carrying around the Bold and the Android phone. She never uses it and I missed it. I'm more efficient with it then this Damn Evo that I have. I use social networks from Facebook to Twitter and Foursquare and whatnot. Both phones do this perfectly fine.

So I was going to switch my number back to the Bold but then I realized that I would miss the LTE that I enjoy on my Evo. So even though the 9930 has its own data connection, I find that I'm running it on hotspot from the Evo lol.

Long story short, it's blatantly obvious that I badly need a Q10! I play with them across many carrier stores, so my own carrier doesn't get tired of seeing me. I have a month, then I can get one on contract. The wait has been painful, but it's almost over.

To the mighty Q10
    10-23-13 11:23 PM
    Serious question: Those that think this is the "Best phone ever" - have you used other phones (especially within the last 2-3 years)?
    I'm not trying to be negative, it's a serious question. Here's what I say this.
    I was a STRICT Blackberry user. Literally since 2005 I carried at least 1. Then in roughly 2008 I went to 2 (I have a .gov job so I need a personal phone). In 2012 I needed a replacement for my personal blackberry. US Cellular has pretty much kicked Blackberry to the curb. So I went and got a Note II. I use both the Q10 and Note II.
    It's night and day. Night and day.
    Here's where I find the basic differences
    - Apps: Wife and I went on a min vaction. We were able to find things, find movies from my Note II.
    - Mapping: Google maps for the win....
    - PDF/Excel Docs on my Note II.... VERY HANDY
    - Internet Browsing (granted, this isn't a very fair comparison due to the Note II is much physically bigger) is easy.
    - Home Key: I can bail out of a program easily and instantly
    - Bluetooth: No clue why but my personal Explorer and my work Expedition - neither of them - like the Blackberry. I've taken both the to dealership and updated both flashware. Nothing helped. My Note (and in my personal Explorer my wife's phone) works fine on both system.
    Now - if you just want email and a phone with (let's call a spade a spade) outstanding battery life - Go Q10. The camera is pretty dang good too. I haven't had much luck with the video shenanigans - but that could be my fault. I fully admit I can send emails/texts MUCH faster on my Q10 then the Note II.
    This is discounting all the issues with the Q10 such as missing speed dial keys, Blackberry Protect, random freezes and what not.
    I have had the Note2 and currently have a Lumia 925. Although both are great phones, neither have made me give up my Q10. I like how efficient BlackBerry is at what I need it to do; best phone I've ever had.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    butterbean1983 likes this.
    10-23-13 11:30 PM
    How many people actually realize that what RIM has done is create a phone and OS that can be used and supported long after they go out of business? Consider this:

1: Does not require BIS. Will run on any data plan.
    2: Due to lack of development, they've added Jellybean Runtime. Android apps (the platform with the most developer support) and Android apps can be run on our phones.
    3: The Sprint model also accepts a SIM card, which can be unlocked and taken to any carrier.

BlackBerry has never made a phone more usable. Even if RIM's servers go offline, this phone can still run apps and do any other type of communication, as long as it is connected to some sort of service. Tell me that doesn't compete with other platforms in a huge way.
    10-24-13 01:49 AM
    I can do a day with my battery if I am in the office. On the road, more difficult. I have no additional app on my Q10. It is my second battery.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    10-24-13 01:56 AM
    I think the Q10's hardware is fantastic, but the software is so buggy and needs a lot of improvement. If the Q10's software was as stable as the old legacy BlackBerry phones, the apps wouldn't even matter.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    What. OS are you on?

I'm on 10.2 and it's as stable as an OS can be... and secure too.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    10-24-13 02:17 AM
    I think the Q10's hardware is fantastic, but the software is so buggy and needs a lot of improvement. If the Q10's software was as stable as the old legacy BlackBerry phones, the apps wouldn't even matter.

10-24-13 03:15 AM
    The Q10, or the Z10 or any recent BB devices, are spectacular in terms of managing attachments. I keep all my documents on Dropbox and I can retrieve and forward documents with such facility. Impossible on the iPhone or the iPad as one has to start from the document and send it, instead of writing the email and attaching as many documents to it as one wants.
    BroncoVAL and Tamellingham like this.
    11-03-13 12:44 PM
    There are some features that are missing and a few features that I think need to be improved, but otherwise, I agree, it's a great phone and I really enjoy using it. But there are those few nagging issues that bug me about the phone... But whatever, it's a pretty new platform, so hopefully things will be improved as the OS matures. Liking it so far, but they cannot stop moving forward, they have to keep improving it...
    11-04-13 03:05 AM

Specifically, what kind of issues are you having with it? Not going to go fanboy on you and criticize you for calling the phone buggy, I'm asking in case I've encountered one you're having trouble with that maybe I have a solution for... :-)
    11-04-13 03:07 AM
    Because the device does what I want it to do.

I do not want apps.
    I do not play games on my phone
    I do not do social media on my phone

I send emails on my phone
    I send texts on my phone
    I arrange meetings on my phone
    I write, store and read documents on my phone

Those (to name a few) are the KEY benefits to why I choose my Q10 device.

No disrespect to the other phones, but I want a phone / communicator / organiser and not a toy / gimmick / game station / music device. I have other devices for that and they do the job just fine.

That is my opinion.
    This is exactly how I use my Q10 too (though I do use Twitter, which the Q10 is perfect for, because I can type a quick tweet on this keyboard like lightning).

People can't seem to fathom the idea that there are still some people out there that do not use apps, or do not buy a phone based on its app selection.

I have an ipod touch for apps and games, and even if all the apps were available for BlackBerry 10, I'd still keep them on my ipod because I just don't want all that stuff on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL and moyah8 like this.
    11-04-13 03:21 AM
    Because the device does what I want it to do.

I do not want apps.
    I do not play games on my phone
    I do not do social media on my phone

I send emails on my phone
    I send texts on my phone
    I arrange meetings on my phone
    I write, store and read documents on my phone

Those (to name a few) are the KEY benefits to why I choose my Q10 device.
    These are the exact reasons why I returned to the 9900 at least for now, and am watching how the Q10 evolves.
    Under above criteria, about the only thing that is missing from the 9900 is a decent browsing capability (I know the Q10 has a good browser), but what's missing is complemented by my iPhone 5, or a tablet/laptop. I see that BBRY are making efforts to restore what's available in the legacy devices but missing in the Q10, but still unable to add even the most basic feature in the keyboard phone, the speed dialling from the home screen. I thought 10.2 would bring the Q10 back to the earlier BB reputations.
    Not bashing the Q10, but each to his/her own. I know I will eventually move to the Q10 at some point of time (10.3, 10.4?).
    But I am also hoping that BBRY, seeing the failure of the OS10 devices with a huge write down, might come up with an improved version of the current line up of devices. They should. Continuing the status quo (sort of) won't solve any problem.
    Fortunately, I can afford to wait.
    moyah8 and andy957 like this.
    11-04-13 07:41 AM
    I am not a power user, or business professional. I do not use any social media on my phone which is weird for a college student. I only play a few games on my Q10 and I can honestly say this phone is excellent. It is well made and feels great in my hand, I don't need all the extras that come with bigger phones these days I switched from a cheesy Note 3 and haven't looked back. This phone is great for what it is and I can't see any phone beating it from a productivity standpoint. Another inch or so on this current device and I would be inclined to use it forever. The gestures ARE PERFECT...for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:15 AM
    I just found this thread by typing in 'q10 is the best phone I ever owned' to see if anyone else felt the same.
    Having used this for 3 weeks now, I have to say, it's brilliant. My last phone was an iphone 5, and before that, an HTC desire HD - and this is the best of all three. I also used to use a BlackBerry 9780 for work - I loved the form factor, but felt most everything else about the device a bit lacking.
    What surprised me about the q10 is how well it performs on messaging - I run a business account through windows live, and a Gmail account, and all the notifications come through immediately. I thought bb10 messaging would be a step down from the Bold, but not at all - it receives everything immediately.
    The notifications hub did take a little getting used to though. Once I'd learned to swipe up -and right- then I got it.
    For the record, I also tried a nokia Lumia - great hardware, but it appears the microsoft engineers forgot to update the software since it was first launched, all sorts of notifications problems.
    If anyone is curious about using bb10, I say give it a go.
    03-20-14 07:51 AM
    +100

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:58 PM
    It's a small, powerful & productive machine

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:09 PM
    netflix and instagram both run perfectly in the BB android runtime environment!!
    03-21-14 05:22 AM
    The messaging absolutely can't be beat

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:23 AM
    It's a damn premium device too

Posted by Q10
    04-08-14 06:25 AM
    The only social media sites I use are Facebook and Twitter, and the Q10 is perfect for some light browsing of both. The keyboard makes entries on those sites a breeze too. Love the Q10!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:34 AM
52 123