My employer advised me they don't use BES 10 as a server and are still on version 5. They let me know they'll be setting up my Q10 email with Exchange Active Sync and I will be able to enjoy all the features as I would with BES 10 since they both use the same technology. I'm curious what features would be the same and what features would be different? 1) Would I have access to BlackBerry Balance in this scenario? 2) will the employer have access to my BBMs? 3) will I gain any additional security benefits than I would by simply typing my work email credentials into the required fields and have it connect that way, or is it just the same thing.

I'm confused. Can anyone explain this to me?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 06:25 AM
    ... and I will be able to enjoy all the features as I would with BES 10 since they both use the same technology ...
    No you would not! With Exch Active Sync you will connect to your Exchange server bypassing company's BES5 server at the same time. No balance for sure, and the lowest level of security (almost the same as with any other mobile device on the market) BB can provide is inherent to this type of configuration. Regarding BBM : employer won't have access to (how could he anyway?)
    07-17-14 06:47 AM