Switching devices from a q10 to a replacement q10. The backup keeps failing. It says backup did not complete verify device is turned on. I cannot do a custom backup it says no data on device. Help!!
    11-08-14 02:39 PM
    Are you using device switch, is the older Q still signed into BBID, and are you using the latest Link version, 123.b056?
    11-08-14 02:58 PM
    Are you using device switch, is the older Q still signed into BBID, and are you using the latest Link version, 123.b056?
    Yes, I have tried device switch and a backup. Both fail. It is the latest version of link. When I connect the device and try a backup it says backup failed. When I use device switch it says there is no data on device

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-14 03:08 PM
    Is it on and working?
    11-08-14 03:24 PM
    Everything works fine

11-08-14 03:28 PM
    Except link, which is a POS, LoL. Try rebooting everything, and while I hate to suggest it, if all else fails, use Sachesi.
    11-08-14 03:36 PM
    How exactly is that done to switch devices? I am looking to basically have the same exact setup as before

11-08-14 03:41 PM
    Device switch is best, but the backup either way should restore settings, so long as what's causing the fail isn't corrupt data. You can try a quick backup in Link, or custom and only save system data in applications.
    11-08-14 03:49 PM
    Quick and custom have been tried. Keeps saying no data on device

11-08-14 03:55 PM
    All I can tell you is reboot the PC, reboot the Q using the two volume keys and pray. On the positive, at least it's connecting to Link, so you do have one massive frustration out of the way.

Sachesi will backup as well as Link does. My hesitation comes from yours and my preference to do a device switch.
    11-08-14 04:00 PM
    I have tried this. When i do it it tells me no data on device. What is going on
    11-08-14 11:22 PM
    Sorry Rob, but I've gotta ask. If there's nothing wrong with the phone, then why does it need replaced?
    11-08-14 11:31 PM
    No problem. Its my wifes phone and it was having some texting issues. Now I am starting to thing some other stuff is up. Just keeps saying backup did not complete verify device is turned on and try again Also when i try a custom backup it says no data on device
    11-08-14 11:39 PM
    Some easy checks to try :

Can be a hardware issue with your USB cable.
    Did you use the one provided by BlackBerry ?

Can be a hardware issue or an electrical one with your USB port.
    Did you try to backup your phone by plugging it in another USB port ? And by unplugging any other USB peripherals you have. Check also the color of your USB port, blue is USB 3, black is USB 2 ; choose a black one.

Temporarily, deactivate your phone password and reboot before trying again. Check that the screen is light up before starting the backup.
    11-09-14 04:28 AM
    Excellent Josh! If that doesn't change the outcome, could you please try Sachesi Rob?

What kind of texting issue?
    11-09-14 06:32 AM
    Tried it all. My z10, my q10, new usb , uninstalled and installed usb drivers, uninstalled and installed bblink. Different laptop. One laptop wont even connect now. Shutoff anti virus. Different usb. Sachesi. The q10 keep saying backup did not complete and there is not enough storage on the device. Seems like I am new to this when in fact I have been with bb for a very long time. Not sure where to turn.
    11-09-14 10:06 AM
    I had the same bull**** issue on my Q10 & even AFTER using an autoloader to get to 10.3, STILL have it.
    Totally forgot about it until now, but I'm giving my girlfriend my Q soon as well& the worry just became real again..

An app that WILL work is Backup Pro, I had to use it for mine as well. Only downside to the app is that your 'linked' contacts will be unlinked, meaning you have to just link them again in the contacts app, not a huge deal.

Also, when I updated to 10.3 in early September, the app didn't support text recovery for 10.3, not sure if that has changed or if it wiwll be an issue.

The app can be found in BlackBerry World

Best of luck, no idea what casues the issue, I too have been with BlackBerry since the 8520 days.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 10:23 AM
    I will give that a try. Any idea if it backs up application data?

11-09-14 10:56 AM
    Unfortunately not, but it's an excellent app to get around the issue. I've attached screenshots of the app, take a look!
    Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_122105.png
    Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_122100.png
    Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_122057.png
    Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_122054.png

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:22 AM
    @Rob, I'm reading a couple things here that give me pause. Are you saying you can't get any BB10 to backup on any PC you've tried? The space issue is most likely tied to application data that has accumulated. Go into device monitor, storage, and clear data of any app you can. There was one app on my gf's that had grown from 40mb to about 1gb Since the games she plays are all saved through a login, I started her fresh, and the Z is back to smooth again.

@Arjun - There are items no app will backup besides Link and Sachesi, such as word substitute and browser bookmarks. For many, these are critical.
    11-09-14 12:10 PM
    The q10 keep saying backup did not complete and there is not enough storage on the device.
    Ha, that's something interesting right here ! So,with a complete backup, you know that the size of the final file will sum up your internal and SD card used storage ? Did you try a light backup ? Did you check the space available on your hard drive ? Did you change the destination path for the backup ? (typically on main C:/Documents/BlackBerry/Backup/)
    Give us your Total Storage and your Free Storage under Settings > About and Hardware selected.

You can always explore the Backup Pro solution, but it's not a cheap app... And BlackBerry Link do it for free.
    11-09-14 12:23 PM
    As soon as I plug it in it says exceeded available space there isnt enough storage space on bb for selected files. Delete some files from device and try again. I deleted quite a few apps. Total storage is 16gb and free is 4.7 gb. Sorry, everything works on the z10
    11-09-14 04:25 PM
    And now, about the space available on your hard-drive ? Check, and change the backup directory if needed, or make some place.

FYI, the backup file will be bigger that what you see on your Q10 during the process, then stabilize at the end.
    11-09-14 04:36 PM
    And now, about the space available on your hard-drive ? Check, and change the backup directory if needed, or make some place.

FYI, the backup file will be bigger that what you see on your Q10 during the process, then stabilize at the end.
    Could you explain a little further?
    11-09-14 04:38 PM
    As soon as I plug it in it says exceeded available space there isnt enough storage space on bb for selected files. Delete some files from device and try again. I deleted quite a few apps. Total storage is 16gb and free is 4.7 gb. Sorry, everything works on the z10
    Wish this made a dang bit of sense. Before you ask Link to do anything, it tells you that? Look in device monitor, and tell us what you see for memory and storage. Screen shots would be awesome.
    11-09-14 04:49 PM
45 12