Here is a screenshot. Screenshot will not post

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:56 PM
    Here it is

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_175852.jpg  
    11-09-14 05:00 PM
    That's settings->about. I'm looking for device monitor.
    11-09-14 05:03 PM
    Could you explain a little further?
    Start BlackBerry Link, click on Preferences, check your Device Backup Location. Open Windows Explorer and get the available free space for the targeted hard-drive.

You have to check the type of backup you want. In case of a full (or custom with all options) backup, gauge well the space needed. I can't tell you how heavy the file will be, but forecast more.

Now, during the backup process, the file size will go up and down as files from your Q10 will be archived, sorted, compressed. If the process works well for your Z10, monitor the file, you will see what I mean.
    11-09-14 05:03 PM
    Kinda thinking we may see something along the lines of this insanity:

System 7,21 GB lol - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-09-14 05:05 PM
    I doubt the issue is with the phone. If you can, take a screenshot of the error message on your computer.

Kinda thinking we may see something along the lines of this insanity:
    Yeah, but this kind of issue is due to people installing leak without doing a wipe afterward. That not seems to be the case here.
    11-09-14 05:05 PM
    Is this good?

Attached Thumbnails Q10 bb link backup fails-img_20141109_180738.jpg  
    11-09-14 05:08 PM
    Is this good?
    So you need to forecast ~10Go of available free space (even if the resulted backup file will be smaller after compression).
    11-09-14 05:12 PM
    Here is what it says

Attached Thumbnails Q10 bb link backup fails-20141109_181507.jpg  
    11-09-14 05:15 PM
    Here is what it says
    Did you sync media files with BlackBerry Link ? If so, uncheck the sync option before retrying.
    11-09-14 05:28 PM
    Did you sync media files with BlackBerry Link ? If so, uncheck the sync option before retrying.
    Ok dont think I am stupid uncheck sync option from where?
    11-09-14 05:32 PM
    Ok dont think I am stupid uncheck sync option from where?
    No worry, there is no dumb question
    When you connect your phone, check the Devices section in BlackBerry Link. Look for the Synced Media page. Click on Reset Sync Relationships at the bottom.
    Next, get some free space on your device (SD card included) if not already done. A minimum of 7 Go free on both will do the trick.

The bug seems to be with Link which miscalculated the available free space even if media files are already synchronised.
    11-09-14 05:40 PM
    I am a little confused here. I am syncing to computer to add to my new device. Why would it make a difference how much space is available on the phone when it is the computer I am saving to. I did not even get to connect the new device yet. Just about everything is deleted off the phone besides photos. So confused. I did try the reset sync relationships with same results
    11-09-14 05:53 PM
    I also get this

Attached Thumbnails Q10 bb link backup fails-20141109_185832.jpg  
    11-09-14 05:58 PM
    I also get this

This is the same error message I get! So frustrating..

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:05 PM
    It usually more user friendly and easier. With your exact error message, I found some people with the same issue. It seems to be because BlackBerry Link estimated the space needed for the backup by adding also the content in sync (even if this content is already on the device).

So you tried by disabling sync and by freeing ~7Go on both your internal memory and SD card storage ? And you check the backup directory on your computer and you have a minimum 10Go available on the destination hard-drive ? If so, I'm sorry, I don't know what the problem is, totally new.

You can always backup your device with Sachesi, but it's a shame Link doesn't work with your Q10. There is of course the solution to backup media manually on your computer, wipe the device and reinstall all your apps to test the backup again...

Good luck !
    11-09-14 06:07 PM
    I also get this
    This is something else. My guess, either your USB cable is faulty, either your USB port is faulty (choose a black USB 2, not a blue USB 3), either you have another USB peripheral that takes all the juice (unplug them), either your antivirus and/or your firewall is too invasive (disconnect from internet and deactivate it temporarily), either your disk is full, either another headless app on your phone cause the issue (check the app permission "Run in the background" on your Q10, deactivate it if possible), either one on your computer (keep only BlackBerry Link opened), etc...
    11-09-14 06:12 PM
    Assuming you have plenty of storage space on the PC, try transferring all your media, documents etc from internal storage onto it, then delete it from the phone. Alternatively, move the internal to your SD card. Either way, once the personal data is off your internal storage, remove the SD card, and give Link another shot.

Honest to G_d, it really shouldn't be this dang hard, but Link can be a royal PITA at times.
    11-09-14 07:26 PM
    Assuming you have plenty of storage space on the PC, try transferring all your media, documents etc from internal storage onto it, then delete it from the phone. Alternatively, move the internal to your SD card. Either way, once the personal data is off your internal storage, remove the SD card, and give Link another shot.

Honest to G_d, it really shouldn't be this dang hard, but Link can be a royal PITA at times.
    I will try this. Can you help me a little as how to do this? I hate windows 8. Just dont want to mess it up
    11-09-14 07:48 PM
    I will try this. Can you help me a little as how to do this? I hate windows 8. Just dont want to mess it up
    LoL, I hate it enough to stay on W7. If you have enough room on the SD, the easiest and fastest thing to do is open file manager on the phone (should open to Device), hit the overflow menu, choose select, choose all folders and files you don't want to lose, move, make a new folder on the SD called internal, and move it all there. You will have a slightly more complicated time moving them back later, but not so bad. It will simply require moving each folder's contents individually. Once it's all moved, and there's nothing left to lose in internal, pull the SD. Now there's no media for Link to deal with.
    11-09-14 08:34 PM
45 12